The Project - Suggestions

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: The Project - Suggestions

Postby basist » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:55 pm

except in any case where it might affect the LA storyline
like after you select "take the medkit" in the dialog box the NPC replies with something like "go to hell" or "I'll rather kiss a bloodsucker than having help from your damn hands". But after that he should stop complaining and following his "give_me_medkit" program :)
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby ThaOneDon » Thu May 01, 2014 6:59 pm

Include everything you need from me:
http://freetexthost.com/eghim5bquy

and this genius(Alundaio):
http://www.epicstalker.com/kjdhadshfads ... undaio.zip

That is all.... for now

:drinkers:
ThaOneDon

Postby boredgunner » Fri May 02, 2014 12:25 am

So all positives aside, here are the main things that I believe should be addressed in future updates (aside from obvious bugs).

AI is too blind, deaf, and dumb.

A-Life is too static, the maps are too empty when it comes to creatures and NPCs (especially creatures). This is my main gripe with LA, since Build 1935 and mods for SoC have such good, unpredictable, and unrestricted A-Life, while LA's A-Life feels more like the other games without mods.

AI shouldn't be limited to smart terrains. Encounters are very, very predictable. There aren't enough mutants, Darkscape is full of just empty (though highly detailed) forest. It seems like Rostok Factory is totally empty aside from scripted encounters. There aren't enough NPCs, and the NPCs that are spawned don't move far at all and seem to be limited to smart terrains.

Please check out the Oblivion Lost mod for Shadow of Chernobyl, it's a fantastic example of top quality A-Life for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It's so random and unpredictable, and NPCs wander very far opposed to just sticking to certain areas. Build 1935 also had far less restricted A-Life.

It would be nice to see new AI features too, such as NPCs being able to heal their allies, heal themselves (this seems to be implemented somewhat, but it doesn't seem to work right), loot, and hunt for artifacts.

There aren't enough ambient sounds, especially in underground areas which seem to have almost none. There seems to be very, very little ambient music too.

I'm guessing the complete lack of rain is a glitch? Emissions almost never happen too; do they become more common as you approach the center of the Zone, or is this also a glitch?

Still, what a start. I've never been this addicted to a game before. Thank you so much dez0wave group for this gift, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Lost Alpha is truly heaps and bounds above the rest of the franchise and 99% of the games in existence.
boredgunner

Postby stiven999 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:34 am

its just an idea and easy could be done by any1 but why not to add smoke granade from mp to local vendors is harmfull and keeps crowd control in some situations neutrals not geting hostile after throw it just running from place useful if you ask me when npc block your way or something like that but just saying would be nice addition to official patch 1smoke granade per time and first dunno after fox mission
stiven999

Postby Evil Genius » Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 am

A thing that bothers me are the avatars. For some reason they appear very pixelated and some are lower quallity than others. Either the pictures are from vanilla SoC, older builds, made by the devs or cropped. Would be nice if the avatars for the npc's would be replaced with those from older builds, like 2571.
Evil Genius

Postby greenfish » Fri May 02, 2014 9:51 pm

boredgunner wrote:So all positives aside, here are the main things that I believe should be addressed in future updates (aside from obvious bugs).

AI is too blind, deaf, and dumb.

A-Life is too static, the maps are too empty when it comes to creatures and NPCs (especially creatures). This is my main gripe with LA, since Build 1935 and mods for SoC have such good, unpredictable, and unrestricted A-Life, while LA's A-Life feels more like the other games without mods.

AI shouldn't be limited to smart terrains. Encounters are very, very predictable. There aren't enough mutants, Darkscape is full of just empty (though highly detailed) forest. It seems like Rostok Factory is totally empty aside from scripted encounters. There aren't enough NPCs, and the NPCs that are spawned don't move far at all and seem to be limited to smart terrains.

Please check out the Oblivion Lost mod for Shadow of Chernobyl, it's a fantastic example of top quality A-Life for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It's so random and unpredictable, and NPCs wander very far opposed to just sticking to certain areas. Build 1935 also had far less restricted A-Life.

It would be nice to see new AI features too, such as NPCs being able to heal their allies, heal themselves (this seems to be implemented somewhat, but it doesn't seem to work right), loot, and hunt for artifacts.

There aren't enough ambient sounds, especially in underground areas which seem to have almost none. There seems to be very, very little ambient music too.

I'm guessing the complete lack of rain is a glitch? Emissions almost never happen too; do they become more common as you approach the center of the Zone, or is this also a glitch?

Still, what a start. I've never been this addicted to a game before. Thank you so much dez0wave group for this gift, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Lost Alpha is truly heaps and bounds above the rest of the franchise and 99% of the games in existence.

+1

Couldn't agree more
greenfish

Postby xonedl » Sat May 03, 2014 11:00 am

so many abandoned fuel tankers, trolley style fuel tanks, red gas gas tank, but not a single drop of retrievable fuel...
maybe can add function to check those tanks see if there is any usable petrol or diesel depending on the vehicle type.

yea, fuel hunting is part of the job now... :lol:
Last edited by xonedl on Sat May 03, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xonedl

Postby ion » Sat May 03, 2014 6:19 pm

* I would like to see a lock that keeps my mouse on the screen. With my dual monitor setup, the mouse leaves the right hand side of the game and sometimes gets "lost".
* A toggle button to automatically quit the game instead of showing the yes / no screen.
* A timed automatic save. Maybe a 10, 15, 20, and 30 minute auto backup.
I'm also on the GSC Forums! "IonizedReactor".

My Lost Alpha Mods:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1857
ion

Postby S_C_A_R » Sat May 03, 2014 6:52 pm

H!ya Dez0wave

I have a few suggestions for you guys.

•Having the old S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game mouse cursor in Lost Alpha would be epic, I know it's your own project, but to keep at least some of the old S.T.A.L.K.E.R. traditions, please put back the Radio-Active S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mouse Cursor
•There are waaaay too few S.T.A.L.K.E.R. camps everywhere, would be great if there were more guys in the way of your goal and also a few fellow loners in the area to ask for assistance, if needed of course.
•When I saw the cut scene of the "..." named Sin guy at the Garbage, I shat brix of how terrifying and how tremendously awesome that was, adding much more cut scenes to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. gives it a very nice feel, as well as some extra story to the game.
•If you can, use the old S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Main Menu music somewhere in the game at a sad cut scene as background music, because we all know, that is a really awesome, but sad song, and if used as a cut scene of for e.g. Ghosts death, that would truly give the feel of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game...

I hope at least one of these are considered, please give me feedback on this if you aren't too busy.

Thanks
The Unstoppable Death Machine
S_C_A_R

Postby Kink » Sat May 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Suggestions :

Performance boost please, confused by such bad performance, maybe shader need an optimization or idk, but just can't play with decent fps and sun shadow turned on.

Misery mod AI ?? Because right no AI is just like.... AI without I(ntelligence) !

great work indeed !
Kink

Postby ion » Sat May 03, 2014 8:07 pm

S_C_A_R wrote:•If you can, use the old S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Main Menu music somewhere in the game

I can show you how to simply mod the main menu to play SHOC's music. This is what i did automatically. I don't really care for the mooze song.
I'm also on the GSC Forums! "IonizedReactor".

My Lost Alpha Mods:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1857
ion

Postby PQNY » Sat May 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Here's a suggestion. Can you PLEASE PLEASE reduce the prices of vehicles. The tractor costs 150,000, which is absolutely ridiculous for what it's worth. I'd pay 10,000 for it, no more no less.

How did you expect us to gather all that money (500,000 for the BTR)?

All of the prices need lowering. I'd pay 300,000 tops for the BTR, the truck i'd pay 125,000. And all the other cars around 50,000 - 75,000.

I'm not going to spend 150,000 just so I can get around a little bit more quickly. It would take an age to gather up the funds in the first place.

EDIT:

I've rethought what I've written above. From using the free starter vehicles in Dark Valley and Darkscape, I've acquired and transported enough loot to almost get the BTR. I still think the Tractor is overpriced for what it's worth. It's useless because of the amount of fuel it burns through in such a short amount of time.

It would also be nice to make the trunk component of vehicles unbreakable (some may already be unbreakable, but I know the UAZ's trunk spare wheel is very fragile). Also to add to the vehicle repair function, repairing vehicles should replace missing doors and other fixtures.

One more suggestion for the repair function as well, is to make it only usable if you have a tool, like a Wrench. I say this, because the repair function reminds me of Far Cry 2, and how you didn't need anything to repair vehicles, only to get out and do some maintenance. I really liked that kind of repair system. So there should be some kind of tool you need, just to add to the realism, gameplay and immersion.
Last edited by PQNY on Sun May 04, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PQNY

Postby boredgunner » Sun May 04, 2014 7:01 am

How about in the future letting us download games like Tetris, Solitaire, and puzzles to our PDA? Adding an MP3 player to the PDA like in other mods would be nice too.
boredgunner

Postby MANGA » Sun May 04, 2014 6:54 pm

You can add effects to the game ?

stalker_ragdoll_mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJNwNH7s6EI

Planned colonization of empty areas and adding quests with other mods ?

Changes are also interested in upgrades, economy, recipes, cooking artifacts
MANGA

Postby dez » Sun May 04, 2014 9:11 pm

PQNY, we had to raise prices to not to flood the game with vehicles :) maybe too expensive, but on the other hand, you can gather enormous amount of loot after a little while, and transporting it to bar with the car from valley will make it easy to buy btr, but we just noticed that btr has no refuel option yet, so we will add that to the next patch.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha