The Project - Suggestions

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: The Project - Suggestions

Postby Sn4rk » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:29 pm

I know that this is a weird suggestion, but can you please somehow put this music :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ZnfzRzvYs#!
Into Lost Alpha ? It will create the possibly best atmosphere felt in a game ever ...
Sorry for my bad english
Sn4rk

Postby vintar » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:32 am

very nice track but i dont think it will fit LA. Also it sounds a bit like good old "Doom" :D
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby Sn4rk » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Thanks. Yeah, thats the thing that only you, developers of this awesome (I dunno if I can call it even a mod, because it looks like a full game), can consider.
But I think that it fits in Stalkers atmosphere
Sorry for my bad english
Sn4rk

Postby LoboTheMan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:34 pm

I don't know if you already have planned this,
But the ability to heal enemies, and making them friendly. has this been considered?
I got it working for Priboi Story for Mercs, Bandits, and Freedom. Not for Monolith though (perhaps they are too brainwashed) :D

You can see what scripts I changed in the Patch 2 for Priboi Story Overhaul I released last week.
It does add some more role-playing to the game since you can decide whether to shoot an enemy, or save his life, and have a new best friend :D

***EDIT***

I did manage to get a mini-mod for Vanilla finished.
It lets you heal enemies, and change them to Loners, and become friendly towards the player.
Feel free to use :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RH2GK70F
Also Known As: 100RadsBar (GSC Forums)
LoboTheMan

Postby McMick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Thanks, LoboTheMan, I always wondered why enemies had to always die! (I think it's a bad lesson to teach). If somebody shot me and then changed their mind and saved me from dying, I'd probably be less hostile to them as well!
McMick

Postby basist » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:05 pm

That's a good idea!
I would supplement and develop it if you don't mind. And OF COURSE I do understand that it's not going to be implemented in Lost Alpha, especially at this point of development. Just an idea I would like to share with the 'similar thinkers':

We all saw in vanilla that neutrals may sometimes become friends if you start shooting those who attack them (mutants or other NPCs - I don't remember now). Part of my idea is to extend this feature to all attackers - NPCs and mutants equally. I don't know how the game engine does it - whether it takes into account the distance between the attacker and player when player starts shooting - but I think it should happen all the time, especially when NPCs are fighting against monsters and you shoot those monsters too. Like that mini-quest of helping Duty to fight back the boars pack at Garbage-Bar entrance. If you don't participate - you're neutral, if you helped at least with 30% of the damage made to the attackers - the attacked ones become your friend. I mean - why then there is a REPUTATION line (good, bad, terrible) and ATTITUDE (friend, neutral, enemy) in an NPC's info? You can stay enemies in terms of factions you are in, but if you helped them to fight THEIR enemy - they should get neutral to you in some period of time. Again, the feature of "don't come close" may apply even for these "enemy-tolerating" NPCs.

Or another 'NPC-monster' relations situation: a monster (or a pack) approaches your enemy (camp) whom you haven't fought before but you are enemies by default (again, "light and official enemies" like those military under the Kordon bridge) and you come into this enemy's field of view, he detects you but you start shooting the monster - not the enemy. This should give you positive attitude score in relations with this enemy. Like - the tougher the attacking monster (the bigger the pack) and the less damage the enemy will receive (the least number of enemies dies as a result of the monster attack) - the better will this enemy's attitude be towards you.

Or it would be great to have the system of non-violent explorer-type option of moving through most areas (similar to bad lesson mentioned by McMick): if an enemy spots you - he will shoot you or die. And there is no other option. Except for some cases like military squad under the broken bridge in Kordon. What I mean is there should be a feature - if you don't fight back, the enemy should also stop shooting (as if he 'understands' that you pose no danger to him) but keeps his bead on you or just take cover to see if you approach. And then, if you do approach too close - he opens fire again.

Actually, I don't remember the initial idea I got after reading "heal the enemy" part :) but the above thing seems quite logic to me.
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby KazakHD5770 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Ehhh... ALL that stuff you wrote (except healing enemies) is in default SoC, but it's not so visible and has restrictions.

I can "dance around" game_relation.ltx and make something like that stuff you wrote :)

But i'll write aspects of "relation changing" feauture in default SoC or in any X-RAY based mod/addon.

Neutral (or enemy with not so bad to player relation) should understand he will 100% die during fight without player's help. The problem is - NPC is not understanding it well so he need to have 1000% more problems than he can resolve and still alive to understand that he can survive only if player will help. And NPC are not always understanding player is helping, so player need to demand to make 300% helping. (weird english detected - but that sentence is weird itself so not big problem).

And some other stuff i just forget. If i'll dig in problem - it can be resolved and i'll drop tweaked file for test. Or will learn you all parameters in that "magic" file and you will be able to do everything you want (till making everybody be friends, there was one mod like that...)

Ability to make enemies be friends or neutrals when player help those is not so good and may cause some problems if this feauture was not planned (because it will need to remake mass of parameters to add that feauture work fine without bugs in storyline/quests/etc.) Better to forget about it.

But one guy played OGSE and wrote on forum "WTF? Boars are not attacking me! o_O" because those became friends. Not only "that" pack, but all boars because those are in same "fraction"... Really 0_0 thing, eh?
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby basist » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:40 pm

yeah, right, "it's in default SoC", especially the 2nd paragraph of my post - the feature of fighting mutants who attack your enemies and then these enemies become neutral to you ;) aren't you confusing something? And it's not ALL that I wrote available in vanilla. Enemies don't detect any "threshold" of distance and "calm behavior" from player's side. If you run AWAY - yes, they will not chase you through the map. But you NEVER can pass near enough if they see you. They see - they shoot, they don't care if you are armed or disarmed, if you shoot first or shoot back or stopped shooting back.

And how do you make an NPC "understanding" anything? This is the most important thing for me in your post.

You will teach me all parameters in that "magic" file and I will learn it from you and will be able to do everything I want. That would be great, man!
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby DuncanM » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:42 am

DuncanM

Postby Loner » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:11 am

No, it's copyrighted music. After LA release you will able to add any kind of music you like, with new PDA feature.
Loner

Postby Nomad » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:51 pm

I made a proposition about some music for the Mod to the Dezowave Developers (dezodor and vintar), but they didn't answer me... ? (maybe they're busy these days, sorry to bother them during their work)
But, just in case, if you have time, my PM isn't spam or other... :lol:

It would be kind if someone could answer me, please...

PS: Sorry for my English !

Cordially.
Nomad.
Nomad

Postby lijenstina » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:15 pm

DuncanM wrote:I am suggesting putting these three pieces of music into the game. Do you think they would be right for LA?

You can put any music in the game. NatVac made a great tool for commenting oggs. Just convert it using any good converter (for instance Full Video Converter Free 9 will work) to 44100 Khz mono ogg and use the SAVandT 1.0 tool. No need for the SDK now :)

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=com ... &sec_id=16
capactiy = 5
lijenstina
dez0wave developer

Postby KazakHD5770 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:45 pm

Nomad wrote:Just convert it using any good converter (for instance Full Video Converter Free 9 will work) to 44100 Khz mono ogg and use the SAVandT 1.0 tool. No need for the SDK now :)

Woooow! Time to have lots of fan with editing OGG comments... Just i have and idea about NPC'c reaction to death of other NPC - why just don't edit OGG comment to make that sound be "dangerous" to NPC? Then all NPCs around after death of NPC will activate search combat scheme... But it will be bad for stealth. But if i will just make sound be very long (2 minutes) and low "NPC hear radius" for that sound then i will be able to kill NPC silently, then somebody will come to dead NPC in radius and he will hear sound (which is not hearable to player after sound itself ends, but empty sound's part will be long and hearable to NPC) - then NPC will activate search combat scheme and it will be looking like "OMG HE IS DEAD" scheme. Time to use this smiley :rolleyes:
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby basist » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Please treat my post as a humble question like a child asks "why is this toy making only one sound?" :) I'm not suggesting anything.

I wonder what is vanilla AI scheme in regard to corpses and death of an NPC that is detected ("on other NPC's radar")?

See yourself - you stalk the Zone and you find a corpse. What are your actions? Look for possible dangers in order not to become corpse #2? Certainly, and there should be several ways to do that - look around with your weapon in aiming mode at "weird"-looking areas (bushes, dark rooms etc.), or throwing grenades into those potential dangerous spots right away (if you're low on medkits and have plenty of grenades), or just slowing down your pace to look around (if you're sure you'll handle the problem). But what follows this "search for danger"? Looting the corpse of course :) or chasing and eliminating the killer (if it's not anomaly) in case the corpse was neutral or friend - sort of "revenge" behavior; or you just run away in panic :) and in any case, a "flag" is to be put on the corpse to avoid the "finder NPC" reacting to it for the second time.

I don't think that I've described something extra-difficult to implement. But somehow what we've received in CoP (I name it here as the most AI-advanced vanilla release of all 3 games) is only looting of bodies killed in current battle and not even the "aged" corpses, as if those are already half-rotten.
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby McMick » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 am

All the times I've played Stalker, there are only 2 ways to make friends:

1. Give a dying neutral stalker a medikit.

2. Do missions for a neutral faction leader until you've done enough that the whole faction turns friendly (Duty and Freedom)

I once changed something somewhere that made NPCs more likely to be "mortally wounded" so I could have more opportunities to give medikits and make friends. I'd like to see it be the same in LA. Furthermore, if an ENEMY is mortally wounded, I'd like to see it be possible to open a dialogue and give them a medikit, and turn them to neutral. Obviously, not all enemies should respond to this. Mutants shouldn't (except maybe pseudodogs, since Doctor had one -- it'd be great if they followed you around after!), and Monolith (because they are under mind control).

I know the first change is easily made because I did it, and I don't mod. The 2nd change must be possible because I can talk to 2 enemies in Vanilla (soldiers at the bridge). It'd be better than not changing anything, and easy enough to not take a lot of time, except in any case where it might affect the LA storyline.
McMick

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha