Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: The Project - Suggestions

Postby boredgunner » Tue May 13, 2014 5:28 am

MANGA wrote:I would like to support Direct X 11

Why?
boredgunner

Postby AsdefGhjk » Tue May 13, 2014 9:49 am

- flashlight batteries run out MUCH too fast; what is the point in supposed realism when a battery lasts two minutes
- don't know if it's a bug or not, but the flashlight's light casts a spiky pattern on it's edges, which doesn't look natural to me
- certain mutants could use better (crisper, darker) textures
- I really DO NOT want to spend 20 minutes just getting through Darkscape on foot through massively monotonous path. If vehicles are supposed to be the solution to this (btw, I got there with one, but it disappeared after talking to Sin leader), then make them more ubiquitous and make the terrain more drivable
- the game is too dark, unrealistically so
AsdefGhjk

Postby Readyus » Wed May 14, 2014 2:41 pm

AsdefGhjk wrote:- I really DO NOT want to spend 20 minutes just getting through Darkscape on foot through massively monotonous path. If vehicles are supposed to be the solution to this (btw, I got there with one, but it disappeared after talking to Sin leader), then make them more ubiquitous and make the terrain more drivable

I think this is currently the biggest problem with LA apart from the lack of NPCs. Spending more time running than actually playing.
Readyus

Postby Ezio21 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:57 pm

I use debug tools with teleport if im really tired of all this running but beware that some quests requires you to travel from point to point without teleport
Ezio21

Postby dez » Thu May 15, 2014 11:33 pm

using debug will ruin many tasks since with flying and teleporting youre missing important triggers.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Shredstorm » Fri May 16, 2014 10:54 am

I hope that you guys can add Zaporozhets ("vehicle_zaz" in the game files) to the list of cars available to buy from Barkeep in the following patch (or put it in place of one of the useless cars he's selling, like the tractor). It's in the game, but at this point it's only available using the spawn menu afaik, and it's a fully functional car with a working trunk. It's small, which makes it ideal for accessing areas where a bigger car would get stuck, and it's even more fuel efficient than the tuned up Moskvich/Lada, although not by much.

The two buggy things about it (that don't really bother me in particular) are the fact that even though its passenger door is missing, you can't enter it from the passenger side, and the driver's head seems to get in the way of the 3rd person camera sometimes, resulting in a zoomed in view at certain angles.

Here's an image of the car:

If you'd like to see its stats, you can check it out in my car thread (along with other cars).
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs, take one down patch it around, 117 little bugs in the code.
Shredstorm

Postby Ezio21 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:48 pm

@dez

I know. I wrote that You have to be careful. I was and i didn't had any problems.
Ezio21

Postby Ajvar » Fri May 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Good evening, dezo! I must say that Dx9 look is much brighter, and therefore more beautiful in the game than Dx10/10.1. Dx10 is kinda dark and I use it just because ingame AA works only with Dx10. Is it possible so you would make Dx10 same beautiful bright as Dx9?
Also, maybe add AA to DX9 too?

Here is a thing I noticed. Stalker gave opportunity before to take all stuff from deadman or boxes by just clicking X button and you don't have to use mouse for pointing cursor. Is this opportunity vanished now or I just miss something?
If it's vanished, could you add it to the game?

Thank you!

(P.S. Questions: Is ingame AA MSAA or some proprietary? I noticed that it works not as great as MSAA but is much less power hungry. Can I use MSAA by Nvidia Inspector with DX9? Should I use STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl AA compatibility bits? BTW will it work in DX10? What is the difference between 10 and 10.1 in game?)
Ajvar

Postby Ezio21 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:20 am

Don't know how it works with NV cards but with radeon i can force any type of AA using RadeonPro application
Ezio21

Postby boredgunner » Tue May 20, 2014 4:22 am

Here's what I'd like to see improved upon/added to LA, listed from top priority to lowest. :)

1) Bug removal obviously, which I know you guys are on top of.

2) A-Life enhancement, it should at least be on par with Oblivion Lost 2010.

3) SSAA and/or MSAA implementation for R2 mode PLEASE! No game is complete without a real AA implementation for dynamic render. Forcing either one through drivers causes visual artifacting for me.

4) Do you guys have a planned release date for the SDK?

5) PDA Diary is useless since it only updates like twice throughout the entire story.

**********SPOILER ALERT***********

6) SoC's story was much better and much more mature. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think you guys changed too much of the script, but the writing was just not up to par. LA's is too much like what we get in Hollywood movies; experiment went bad and killed the team behind it, they created a monster and lost control. Yeah, don't mess with things you're not supposed to mess with, our curiosity and lust for power backfired. Sort of like SoC. But SoC provided a dilemma while LA does not: C-Consciousness in SoC seemingly had good intentions, which changes everything. LA just paints a bleak picture and says that science going to far is bad, while SoC just asks the question and doesn't try to force an answer down your throat. LA's equivalent to C-Consciousness is just an evil white beam in Lab X-2.

7) Reversing X-18 and X-2 just felt really weird.

8) Baldy's story wasn't included? Though I can't really complain about this, since you guys added so much anyway.

9 ) Yantar's X-16 turns out to be unused and worthless. I would have liked to turn that thing off like in SoC.

Also, you guys used a smiley face in a dialogue box. That just kills all sense of immersion and professionalism in my opinion.

**********END OF SPOILER**********

Ajvar wrote:
(P.S. Questions: Is ingame AA MSAA or some proprietary? I noticed that it works not as great as MSAA but is much less power hungry. Can I use MSAA by Nvidia Inspector with DX9? Should I use STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl AA compatibility bits? BTW will it work in DX10? What is the difference between 10 and 10.1 in game?)

Since this thread/forum seems to be mostly dead I'll try to answer. r3_msaa doesn't seem to do much at all, DX10 mode just doesn't work with any real (hardware based) anti-aliasing mode since it uses deferred rendering. I don't know what DX10.1 mode does to be honest.

You can force MSAA or SSAA through drivers, using SoC or CS/CoP bits and they work fine for most people, though I get visual artifacts/glitches so it's unusable for me.
Last edited by boredgunner on Sat May 24, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
boredgunner

Postby Shredstorm » Tue May 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Ajvar wrote:Here is a thing I noticed. Stalker gave opportunity before to take all stuff from deadman or boxes by just clicking X button and you don't have to use mouse for pointing cursor. Is this opportunity vanished now or I just miss something?

Shift works for me, not sure if it's because I have sprinting bound to it, or because it is the key per default.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs, take one down patch it around, 117 little bugs in the code.
Shredstorm

Postby Ajvar » Wed May 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Thank you for answers, guys. And yeah, Shift works! There got to be some text though "Press shift to move all to your backbag" though.
Now suggestions:
1. on the belt I have 2 blocks of same ammo (8x9mm and 12x9mm). I move one to another but they don't go together so I have to move all of them to the backbag and then on the belt again.
2. Why can't I move hero backward fast? In the school on the physical culture lessons I was running backwards so why Stalker can't when I push "S+X"? Strange and gimmick for me. He can run twice slower than forward or it may use more stamina etc but he MUST be able to run backwards... otherwise I won't get past zombies.
3. I always hated knife atack in Stalker because it seemed somewhat retarded to me. Even my mom would move knife much faster back and forth. And it doesn't hit far enough. Some zombies without knife reach me while I can't reach them by knife. Why?
4. Bigger damage from greenades? RGD-5 in real life shout explode everybody in 3-5 meters and is deathful in 20 meter radius. And I can't kill a group of zombies (6-7) putting it right on them while they get up. And this is not on some hills but in the corridor of some lab under the ground (I guess). Kinda lame for greenade.

Please don't think I am a bad guy because I write so many suggestions. I just write what I feel would be better.
Thanks.
Ajvar

Postby Ajvar » Fri May 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Heavy optimizations needed with sun rays/lights when under the ground.

I noticed that on 21:00 my fps skyrocketed from 19 frames to 50-60! While being on the ground. So I tested and found that turning sun rays off give huge fps increase. By turning sun shadows off you get even more. So here is a question, why not to make optimizations when you are under the ground? GPU uses 66% of its resources for nothing as it seems when you are in some tunnels under the ground.
Ajvar

Postby bulletbelch » Sat May 24, 2014 4:04 am

Why is it so hard to kill zombies? Aren't zombies already dead? I have been collecting zombie body parts to just to make sure they don't come back to life behind my back.

I have played through the game twice, different endings - the monolith one and the generator one but still can't find the free play mode I've read about so I can wander around more freely. Someone said you could ESC-F2 to jump but that locks up the game.

Many many many crash reports generated and emailed and everyone of them generates a failure to deliver message because apparently the email address in the Xray thing is invalid or something. How about a way to stopping the bug reporting engine and the resulting bounced emails?

I think dirt bikes would be better than cars especially to travel between areas.

Bullet Belcher
bulletbelch
Adventurer

Postby AN94BALLER » Mon May 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Integrate "Raw Input" into the game: http://fnatic.com/downloads/662
This will make the game read mouse movement without engine interpolation or preprocessing, bypassing angle snapping or accel that's built into the XRAY engine. The problem with this is that the menus become unusable because mouse only works when playing the game.

Increase run speed and stamina (+regen stamina at a slower rate while walking) -> levels are much too large now compared to SHOC. Running on stairs also feel awkward since 1 stair step stops you from running for a short moment. Integrate diagonal running (for example, W+D = run + strafe to right).

Remove visual recoil from pistols and weapons. "Visual recoil" is a term for the weapon's firing animation not being tied to the camera recoil, it may seem "realistic" but in the game it destroys your ability to place follow up shots. Esp, with the PBS1 pistol, your camera barely recoil, but the pistol image shoots up above the screen. I would like this to be removed, and the weapon animation adjusted to the default camera recoil value.
-camera recoil: engine moves your viewpoint, since your bullets come out of your eye - bullets will be affected too, this is how a game simulates reocil.

AN94/Abakan: 2shot mode not working correctly, 1st shot has recoil? then the 2nd have more recoil? wtf? - IRL this gun is supposed to have a mechanism that mitigates the 1st shot recoil completely - allowing a 2nd shot to be fired before the recoil impulse is felt. It would allow the gun to fire 1800RPM (600 in game mistake) and place 2 bullets in the exact hole within 300m.

Weapon vs non human NPC: takes too many shots to take down.

Weapon idle sway: needs to be reduced (by a significant amount), and crouching or low crouch will further reduce sway. The SVD is completely unusable because of this.

Weapon tracer: needs to be brighter so we can see where the bullet is landing, atm it's just bullet "impacts" which is inaccurate and may be produced from projectiles bouncing off walls -> inaccurate representation

Bullet drop: weapons don't have enough bullet drop to impact long range gameplay.

FOV with ironsight zoom + scopes: Games limit your FOV when aiming down sight to produce a "zoom" effect, the problem with this is that the FOV zoom % is tied to the preset FOV.

Default 70FOV, with example scope properties of %50 zoom (2x) will produce 35FOV. But if we tweak the FOV "console -> FOV 90" the %50 will snap to the 90FOV, meaning it will produce 45FOV, this should NOT happen. Scopes need to have a fixed FOV.

A pistol zooms more than an AK iron? Seems really weird, irons need a prefixed amount of zoom, so all weapon with iron will zoom the same amount.

Ironsight model: too obstructive, needs a clearer aim point. Preferably a small illuminated tip in the front of each weapon.
Add RDS/alternative sights: give option to attach a red dot scope, not only 4x / rifle scope.

Crosshair: needs to be adjusted to the weapon's hipfire accuracy value, should not be a static round display.

Draw animation: needs to be eliminated for weapon already in your inventory. The character should pull out the weapon and be ready to shoot, not pull out and rack the charging handle.

Rechamber animation: reloads should feature a rechamber animation if you've expended your magazine completely. This will give player the option to tactical reload which have advantage of being faster (replace magazine, no need to rechamber)

Player animation clips through camera if using 90FOV.

Probably this is what I have in mind atm, thanks for the free game guys :D
AN94BALLER

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha