The Project - Suggestions

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: The Project - Suggestions

Postby Chiff » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Is it too late to suggest that you could use Mooze - Sleeping in Ashes v1 for the menu theme? It sounds like SoC's menu theme but with a twist. Ofcourse if you don't add it doesn't really matter because I'll just add it myself lol, soundfiles are easy to mod in stalker. :P
Chiff

Postby diablo » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:09 am

dezodor wrote:Since we are in the last stage, we are not checking any new suggestions anymore. There was enough time for it, back in 2008-2010 :) Let me quote our moddb header message which we posted there a few months ago:

All comments are welcome, also we are glad to see suggestions too, however at this stage those won't be considered. Thanks for your understanding!

You can still post or request, or suggest, but don't be sad if you won't see it in the final product.

aw well, that sucks, but the mod is till gonna be awesome( oL was awesome imo), i just thought id pitch in ideas,snice i really liked the trees in CS red forest.The reason i posted for bandit/duty armor is cuz there is always same bandit skins which get annoying.
diablo

Postby dez » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:29 pm

we have many forests on our maps, you can meet cs-redforest style forested maps in la many times :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby diablo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:37 am

dezodor wrote:we have many forests on our maps, you can meet cs-redforest style forested maps in la many times :)

well i know the mod is gonna be badass.I was just trying to give some ideas.The thing that pissed me off is that bandits never have any good armor, and i cant think of an armor cooler than that(mercs n bandits even cooperate together in soc, get it, get it?) well aside from the lame joke, i thought the armor looked cool, and the thing about OL that pissed me off is that bandits in there had military armored suits(really, lol).So it would be cool if it could be like high end tier bandit armor or something besides the trenchcoat.

diablo

Postby Nemo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Oh, that's an interesting BOT we've got here... and aparently it origins from my home country, now that's surprising!

To all: Let me know when you read and laughed at this enough, then I shall cleanse this m**********r from this board.
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby atikabubu » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:10 am

I would say now :F
Polish Stalker Community
Polish Community PR and Localization
atikabubu
Admin & dez0wave developer

Postby Nemo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:32 am

Done, his posts have been deleted and his account is banned forever... I also asked about this on the forum it was advertising, but with no response so far...
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby jwknaggs » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:35 pm

still laughing :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Nemo » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:37 pm

yeah yeah, end of the offtopic, please ;p
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby Soap » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi all!
About equiptment! In SoC we were able to run with SEVA suits (or a better) all the time after X-16, so that was wrong.
I think, those suits should be only for "special" story moments, like "getting to ChNPP Sarcofag". All other time, when when nothing serious happends, player should use only Stalker's outfit, or duty/freedom, those costs no more then 20000 RUB in SoC. In SoC dream videos Strelok was near to ChNPP with only AK-74y and leather coat, it could be interesting for true veteran stalker fans get to final levels with that equiptment xD

Mutants...
In SoC, CoP and CS boars were too weak, more weak then even in real life... Chernobyl boars are larger and stronger - those should be really dangerous. I've enhached their immunitets, reduced "hit power multipler" when bullet hits boar's head and made all boar's hit_power parameters 2 times higher. I've get something... Now 1 boars "need" about 7 shots with shotghun to be killed and player should to think about cover - climb on car or felt tree - that is like hunter's story in real life. Hunter is shooting boar, but it don't die, hunter have no time to reload shotgun and run away from ultra angry boar. Guy need to run faster and dropping shotgun and climbing on tree... Wounded boar can dig ground around the tree even few days to make tree with hunter fall :rolleyes: That's why i think boars in LA should be more dangerous.

Blind dogs.
Those should be like in "Serious Sam" game - many and weak. It will be more close to real. It's sucks when dog can take damage of few Ak-74 bullets and don't die. So, large gropup of dogs (10-15+) will be more interesting then just 5 dogs with 2 times higher immunitets.
Soap

Postby LoboTheMan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi there :)

I know you are busy, and won't add any more stuff to the mod.
But I have a question/suggestion about weapon/item/armour repair.

One thing I think would be nice, is that if you get your stuff repaired, it will take some game-time before it is finished.

Either a fixed interval of 8, 12, or 24 hours, or depending on the condition, the more damaged, the longer the repair time.
For example, a 50% damaged AK will take 18 hours to repair, and a 25% damaged weapon 9 hours etc.
Also Known As: 100RadsBar (GSC Forums)
LoboTheMan

Postby Kane4 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:21 am

That's a good idea actually. I like the realism.
Kane4

Postby unclevinnie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:25 am

Yep, that's realistic and reasonable! BTW, I'd prefer, if each repair wouldn't return your gun or armor to 100% original condition. It is more real, if the repair would add some%% of its current condition (but no repair can make your gun new!)

It would look like the following: You take 100% good AK. If you spoil it down to 80% - repair will return it to 90. If you spoil it down to 60% - repair will make it 80%. Down to 20% - repaired one will be 60%. Etc. This will make you stop shooting as insane, make you treat you best guns, and choose, where to use certain weapons. It will be impossible any more, just to find a "VSS-Vintorez", and troll the zone up, not changing it to anything else))).

It's a pity that "Suggestions" are over, but if I'll be able to make it myself in gamedata files - I will do it for sure!
unclevinnie

Postby DokoMaster » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:19 am

Random/moving anomalies suggested yet? like in AMK and some other mods, I like it because otherwise I have this SPIDER SENSE in the zone.
DokoMaster

Postby Soap » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:47 pm

In some mods new anomalies appears after blowouts on wrong places. It's sucks when Zharka (heat anom) appears on place "not for it" - it don't fits to place. Like acid or electra anomaly somewhere on mountain where is only grass. I think electras should be only near to metal things like broken car or another heavy metal thing, "acid" near to industrial buildings with large tanks for liquids or industrial pipes (Alpha Format 2 - when player was coming to factory we saw acid anom at pipes - very nice), or in just "always wet" place like tunnel under bridge... And heat anomalies in places like gas station, dungeon, kitchen xD It's just better to atmosphere when different anomalies takes their "special" places they "like" to be in.
Oh, and did you fixed vanilla's "heat or zharka" anom's bug? When player may drop bolt in it and run across it and don't get any damage (damage only on activating).
It's always going be awesome to make Zharka anom making 2 kinds of danger - explosion (on activating, kinda gas is exploading), and heat itself when anom still work :rolleyes: And add physical hit on blowout then - to make objects fly away of activated Zharka becuase of "her" (in Russian Zharka is "she" xD) explosion shockwave?
AND about musquitoballad - did you made it like in one build (don't remember #) - when player or another object get in zone, he is blowing out from there with high speed - that made me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: in that build - simply awesome. I don't thing telekinetic configs of anoms are too difficult to learn and change, please find a time to make "OMG THAT'S AWESOME!" anomalies.
Soap

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha