The Project - Suggestions

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: The Project - suggestions

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:08 am

Hey, I noticed that a map you made is called "Dead City", what's the story with that? Was it supposed to be Limansk before it was cut? Or did GSC just make it up for Clear Sky and Limansk and Dead City are totally different?
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby dez » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm

totally different things. limansk was made for cs in 2007, deadcity was made for oblivion lost in 2003 (and was cut in 2006 summer).

that was the place later in story, where you met doc (in prison), and he gave you the key for the hotel room...
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Do you have any plans for Stalker AI? I saw the artifact hunting and it's very impressive. How about Stalkers surrendering to you if they're outmatched in rank and firepower and wounded. Hiring Stalkers to follow you around and fight for you. Perhaps a Stalker will turn hostile if you run up and grab an artifact that he was going for. That sort of stuff.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby someguy353 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:22 pm

may be you guys can introduct infrared for night vision, which the player get a more scary view of the night. Where every monsters eyes will glow white.

http://www.thesittingfox.co.uk/Infrared.jpg
someguy353
Adventurer

Postby Red Schuhart » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:12 am

In both vanilla and mods, the 'Ghost Suit' that you tend to give to Prof Sakharov in exchange for the good scientist suit supposedly has healing capabilities. I've tried it a number of times but, if they're actually there, the effect is very small indeed.

I was thinking you could give the ghost suit a real ability to go with its name if you could somehow link it up with your 'No More Fences' minimod. The only suit in the game that lets you walk through some obstacles.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Nova » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:50 am

actually it dose, in stalker if your not bleeding you slowly recovering health, always. the ghost suit just increases that rate. but when compared to some of the higher quality wirligig artifacts (ie: Soul) the extra healing on the suit isn't worth it
Nova

Postby flykas » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:40 pm

- being able to get flu, if you wander in a rainy weather alot.
flykas

Postby Jelle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Hello,

It's not a real suggestion but I didn't want to make a whole thread for this :). I was wondering how many 'buidling materials' there are in Lost Alpha? In SOC, there were many places littered with building materials (concrete slabs, metal pipes, small construction sheds). Although I'm sure lots was used in the '86 cleanup and whatever came after that in SOC, the amount of rubble on the Red Forest road and the Army Warehouses is quite a lot. Also, some places have construction stuff lying around with no apperant place where construction was being done (For example, the courtyard outside the X18 building has this, the building's finished, the lab's finished, why are there concrete slabs there?)

I was wondering if you removed the abundant stuff or if you kept it in for cover/aesthetic purposes.ac
Jelle

Postby Red Schuhart » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:28 pm

I'd guess the extra building materials outside the building above X18 are left over from repairs made after the Mercs were cleared out of there in CS.

But you know how it always goes when you make something - there's always a few bits left over. I reckon, as Kruglov was working there (ref PS) he'd probably had his eye on that stuff. If they hadn't had the problems that caused the shut-down of that lab there may have come one dark night when a truck pulled in. A bit of mechanical noise later those concrete panels would have been on the truck and on their way to Kruglov's house for use in building his new garden shed.

Just a perk of the job.

Well, they wouldn't let him take home any of the X-Virus, so he was going to nick some building supplies instead.

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Jelle » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Red Schuhart wrote:I'd guess the extra building materials outside the building above X18 are left over from repairs made after the Mercs were cleared out of there in CS.

But you know how it always goes when you make something - there's always a few bits left over. I reckon, as Kruglov was working there (ref PS) he'd probably had his eye on that stuff. If they hadn't had the problems that caused the shut-down of that lab there may have come one dark night when a truck pulled in. A bit of mechanical noise later those concrete panels would have been on the truck and on their way to Kruglov's house for use in building his new garden shed.

Just a perk of the job.

Well, they wouldn't let him take home any of the X-Virus, so he was going to nick some building supplies instead.

Haha, well he had one hell of a garden shed in mind then :D
Jelle

Postby dez » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:05 pm

well, i wanted to make the zone to look like as if ... you know, people worked there, started to build buildings, or finished them but suddenly they had to leave, so they left everything hehind. after the big cleaning at the station, the garbage was carried to certain areas, but also simply left in fields to rust. so thats why you might find garbage piles here and there in lost alpha :) but i like them, and im sure you will like the design too.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:39 pm

It could also be that those large concrete panels perfectly fit all the holes in the sarcophagus at the NPP. They just got delivered to the wrong places.

If they had ended up where they should have, and become part of the completed sarcophagus, there would have been no way for Marked One or Lt. Slipchenko to get in there. So just as well they are where they are.

(If we don't have a good answer we just make one up)

Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Jelle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:30 pm

Ah okay then. I just found it strange to encounter those concrete panels everywhere, but I guess with that explanation it goes well. And I'm sure I'll like the design - From what I've read so far, this might be the only mod with special attention to Static Lightning (Dynamic lightning makes my computer cry)
Jelle

Postby Beatrice » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:17 am

In old oblivion lost when a blowout occured it was aimed to have a large amount of the more docile mutants (boars, flesh, dogs, rats) running across the map to a certain area, as if to escape the blowout.

Its seen in various videos and most of the cut scenes in SoC. Just wondering if you guys are/were thinking of incorporating this into Lost Alpha. I dont know much about coding and can imagine it would be abit of a nightmare.

But in mods when theres a blowout the NPC's run into a "safe" area and hide. So when a blowout occured could it trigger a could a group of mutants to be spawned and run towards a certain camp or camps. So the stalkers would have to fight them off (or run and hide)

Cheers :)
Beatrice

Postby dez » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:49 pm

thx, but already implemented to LA :) it works fine... and looks nice. :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha