The Project - Suggestions

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: The Project - Suggestions

Postby PQNY » Sun May 04, 2014 10:56 pm

Yeah I know, I rebuked what I said after I made a killing from the Dark Valley. And those free starter cars can go a long way if you look after them well too. Although theres a bit of a shortage of jerry cans from traders, I've made about 200,000 from using the same car, so the prices I now agree with :)

Still, the ability to repair broken off vehicle parts would be cool too, only if it's to keep the car looking good :D
PQNY

Postby xonedl » Mon May 05, 2014 4:31 am

dez wrote:PQNY, we had to raise prices to not to flood the game with vehicles :) maybe too expensive, but on the other hand, you can gather enormous amount of loot after a little while, and transporting it to bar with the car from valley will make it easy to buy btr, but we just noticed that btr has no refuel option yet, so we will add that to the next patch.

I'm more worry about the fuel (specifically "petrol can") rather than the car. Been looking for fuel all over the place but only found 1 at agroprom.

1 trip from darkscape to bar already consume all fuel
1 trip from dark valley through forest to bar consume all
1 trip from bar to yantar consume all

:( now my car-stash stuck in yantar, hopefully later found some fuel in army base >.>
Last edited by xonedl on Mon May 05, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xonedl

Postby boredgunner » Mon May 05, 2014 6:52 am

Is it possible for LA to go on Steam greenlight?
boredgunner

Postby S_C_A_R » Mon May 05, 2014 8:28 am

boredgunner wrote:Is it possible for LA to go on Steam greenlight?

I am sure the Dez0wave team considered it, but with all these bugs pending fixes, I doubt they will put it there.
The Unstoppable Death Machine
S_C_A_R

Postby S_C_A_R » Mon May 05, 2014 9:06 am

H!ya Dez0wave

I got a few nice suggestions that people would appreciate.

At the Strelok's hideout at Agroprom Underground ,that hole on the left that leads to nothing, take all the items in the room except the book for the quest and put them in a stash(backpack or box) to be looted inside that pipe, but barricade that pipe off with a breakable layer of planks.

Also, Strelok's AK-74 is not there, the fast Fire-Rate one, would you please put that in with that loot-able stash. If the loot-able stash doesn't suit your fancy, please just throw in that Fast Shooting AK-74 on a shelve or the ground, or maybe next to that bed.

I have another suggestion that might give a little extra mystery to the story, at the start of the game, you should start off with a Mystery Key labeled Agro-Under which will unlock Strelok's Hideout Door at Agroprom Underground. Just as you exit Sidorovich's office, a dialog should play of Strelok thinking of this key saying: "I wonder what this key unlocks... It's labeled Agro-Under, but I have no idea what that means..." and you must get another objective where it says: "Find out what the 'Agro-Under' key is for.". When you are done helping Seriy and he mentions Agroprom Research Institute, Strelok should be reminded of the key because of the keyword Agro and should have a dialog saying: "Hmm, maybe this key is for something at the Agroprom Research Institute..." and the objective should be updated to: "Go to the Agroprom Research Institute and see what this key unlocks." After saving Mole and speaking to him where he mentions the Underground, Strelok should figure out the puzzle of Agro-Under and have a dialog saying: "So this key unlocks something here underground..." with the objective updating to: "Go underground and find what this key unlocks.". When you find the door and open it, then Strelok should be confused as to why he had the Key that unlocks Strelok's Hideout having a dialog saying: "Ah, so this is what the Key unlocked, but... why do I have Strelok's Hideout's Key, damn, this amnesia is really a bother. I must have been tracking him down, explains the PDA entry to Kill him..."

For me, this is a very awesome thing to have while playing the game,

If you guys add it, feel free to change some of the dialog to your liking.

Hope this will be considered and that you will give feedback on this for me.

Thanks in advance.
S_C_A_R

Postby MANGA » Mon May 05, 2014 9:10 am

I propose to remove the batteries and make printsyp charging flashlight in the game Metro
MANGA

Postby S_C_A_R » Mon May 05, 2014 9:14 am

MANGA wrote:I propose to remove the batteries and make printsyp charging flashlight in the game Metro

The flashlight's depleting and having batteries to replenish power is a great idea, but the only flaw to it, is that the batteries doesn't last very long, that should be changed to for e.g 3 hours of in game playtime

Also, adding a suggestion here, to extract batteries from flashlights that you pick up from other NPC's, like weapons, right click on them and add "Unload" to its' context menu.

Edit: I know every NPC carries a flashlight, but make it so that the chance to loot one from a NPC very low, because of the high chance of destroying it when shooting and killing a NPC.
S_C_A_R

Postby bulletbelch » Tue May 06, 2014 12:23 am

I love the game. I've been playing it day and night for several days. There is sure a lot of walking to do without the Escape J jump option. The long walks would be more entertaining if there was more stuff to find, and little rewards for looking in out of the way places - like the empty cave in the pond at Darkspace. The vehicles leave much to be desired. How about a motorcycle (dirt bike) like in the Delta Force games.

There should be more anomalies to collect.

Why aren't there armories at the military bases? What Army base or Army unit doesn't have at least one Arms Room and at least one Ammo Dump (weapons and ammo are not usually stored together, if I remember right). We should be able to break in to Army bases and borrow every kind of weapon, ammunition, and explosive including RPG's.

I love the original Stalker and Far Cry 2 because you can wander all over the place; see and do lots of things. This kind of game can be very relaxing. Too bad every building isn't enter-able and every mountain isn't climbable.

UPDATE! I Found the Sin leader, gave him the docs, and he sent me on a mission via Garbage to the Rostok factory.
bulletbelch
Adventurer

Postby boredgunner » Tue May 06, 2014 6:12 am

S_C_A_R wrote:
boredgunner wrote:Is it possible for LA to go on Steam greenlight?

I am sure the Dez0wave team considered it, but with all these bugs pending fixes, I doubt they will put it there.

Well, perhaps once the most serious bugs have been ironed out. Heck, right now the only serious problems I've discovered in LA are as follows:

1) Glitchy, sometimes retarded AI
2) PDA Contacts crashing the game
3) PDA Downloads crashing the game
4) Repair kit usage crashing the game

I've played a lot more of LA, currently going to Lost Factory for the first time. In addition to my A-Life rant earlier, here are some more suggestions.

- Needs more ambient sounds and ambient music, especially in underground places. Remember how creepy X-18 was in SoC due to the ambient sounds?

- I think Blowouts should change the position of anomalies, like they do in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. lore and in some mods for SoC.

- Army Warehouses blowout sequence with Contact was too quiet. Honestly I think the music from Old Wasteland theme, as seen here, fits perfectly and perhaps it should play during this part of the game.

- Places like Forest, Darkscape, Radar, and Countryside could use some hidden caverns and things like that. I saw one hidden cave in Darkscape but it was empty. I didn't explore the other two too much yet, though they didn't seem to have anything like that. And of course they need more life as well, just like every other location.

- The musician's house in Forest? That was brilliant. LA needs more strange events like this, if they could happen randomly that would be amazing. If not, I think every level should have at least one creepy inexplicable event like this.

- PDA doesn't update frequently enough, especially the Diary section (or whatever LA calls it). This makes it even harder than SoC to follow the story. There also doesn't seem to be PDA entries for many of the locations.

- Is it possible to allow the player to download games like Tetris and image puzzle to their PDA? Also, adding a PDA MP3 function would be nice (one of the very old videos showed that this was at least partially implemented).

- Flashlight uses batteries, but not night vision? I'd like a system like Misery's Universal Power Device; the UPD is a tool that accepts batteries and charges all of the player's electronics, including the flashlight, night vision (though I don't know if Misery made NVG drain batteries either), PDA, and maybe detectors which Misery didn't do. Though I guess detectors would be excluded due to its automated usage, so just making flashlight/night vision/PDA use batteries (or even just flashlight/night vision) would be a better idea I think. I understand this is controversial though, if this doesn't change then I won't cry about it.

- In addition, flashlight battery usage should be shortened, or it should be much brighter and have more range since it eats batteries like a top notch Surefire yet doesn't shine as bright as one. Night vision should drain batteries at least twice as fast as the flashlight, though like I said if the flashlight's brightness/range stays at its current level, battery usage should be reduced in my opinion.

- I think drugs/medkits and repair kits should take time to work, like in CoP and CoP Misery. I really, really prefer Misery's healing system which makes medkits take a long time to work, and adds stimpacks for field usage. Then again, I know that dez0wave will leave this up to modders in the end, so hopefully some of you modders out there implement this.

- Not enough blowout/psi-storm shelter. I was in Forest, somewhat close to the exit to Bar-Rostok, and a psi-storm started. There was nowhere to take cover in time, so instead I jumped into the transition to Bar-Rostok. This screwed my game up, now time of day never advances and weather is always the same. Perhaps add more shelters and make it impossible to transition levels during psi-storms and blowouts?

- Oh yeah, did I mention the A-Life needs serious overhaul? Check out how Oblivion Lost handled A-Life. :D
Last edited by boredgunner on Tue May 06, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
boredgunner

Postby mando69 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:17 pm

These are currently what I would want to see in Lost Alpha someday:

Cheats/Spawn menu:
Cheats are sometimes useful especially when a quest bugs out and your items and money suddenly vanishes. Better to debug it by cheating them back in.

Hopefully LA would integrate a spawn menu feature.

Less fuel usage:
Petrol cans are so rare and few traders sell them(and they don't have it in their inventory most of the time). In the long run your car ends up as a glorified storage space since you don't have any fuel to use it as a means of travel.
mando69

Postby MANGA » Tue May 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Correct anomalies and search for artifacts from the detectors
MANGA

Radio in car :) Re: The Project - Suggestions

Postby Golden1984 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:35 pm

How about the radio in the car? I propose some of my band`s songs (www.showbusiness.com.pl) if you like it. :lol:
Golden1984

Postby boredgunner » Wed May 07, 2014 8:47 pm

^ Car radio would be great. Also I have another suggestion for flashlights; I said before they use up too much batteries given how dim the light is. Even HID and Incandescent Surefire lights have more battery life than this. The flashlight isn't bright enough so this should be addressed too. In addition, would it be possible somehow to make a flashlight-only global illumination setting?

I desperately seek an in-game hardware-based anti-aliasing solution for R2, since forcing AA via Control Panel or Inspector gives me artifacts. Both MSAA and SSAA would be ideal.

Night vision is also not nearly bright enough. Especially gen 1... no night vision is that worthless, except kid's night vision at Toys R Us. LA should use CoP's night vision, I'd like having all three versions from CoP as well. Also, how about targeting scopes like CoP?

Artifact hunting is too easy. Why can you do this with no armor at all, in most cases? There's not enough radiation around anomaly fields, or deadly vapors and what not. This is something that CS and CoP do better.

Also the A-Life is too much like vanilla SoC/CS/CoP, it was way better in earlier alpha builds of SoC.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Baldy and his story aren't used? I was a bit surprised by that. Also I'm curious as to why labs X-18 and X-2 were switched around.
boredgunner

Postby AsdefGhjk » Mon May 12, 2014 12:46 pm

This thing seems great, however, it needs lots of work.

So far I've only reached Rostok and this is what bothers me:

1. it is bugged to heaven and back. It keeps crashing every 10-20 minutes, more frequently on certain areas than on others.
2. Rostok is a freaking maze! I've replayed original Stalker 4-5 times, but reaching bar was almost a nightmare since I hat to go all the way around, not the direct route like in the original game. Having walls and fences and whatnot all around the place makes absolutely no sense.
3. Having 0.5km long approach roads in every area, when those approach roads don't have anything of interest, also makes no sense. It just makes the player spend more time running, which is tedious.
AsdefGhjk

Postby MANGA » Mon May 12, 2014 1:10 pm

I would like to support Direct X 11
MANGA

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha