Question about A-Life

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Question about A-Life

Postby basist » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:38 pm

If you don't mind guys I would like to summarize and "generalize" your discussion a bit...

Lost Alpha has been stated to be a loner-type game with a lot of vast empty and unpopulated areas (a perfectly fitting German word would be "menschenleer" I guess, because mutants are not people). Then, it's quite logic that as soon as players will face an NPC (or two if they are lucky), these type of meetings will be very much desired and a lot will be expected from NPCs. That is why AI value will be a lot higher in LA than in vanilla. That is why a lot of things are "kindly requested" to be included into this AI.
But it does not simplify the life AND work of dez0wave team I guess :lol:

For sure, none of the future LA players will start shooting any NPC on-sight for getting his loot - too stupid and banal thing to do, no matter how low players might be on ammo or other supplies.

Sorry if I distorted someone's views on the subject. This is only how I see it and how I understood the entire discussion.
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby floatbewa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:26 pm

that's kinda what is running through my head... the end state is what im looking at: austere wilderness, hands off NPCs, not a lot of gunfire, stealth, pay bribes, lots of running away- just barely surviving your way to the center of the zone. I mean read roadside picnic and watch stalker on netflix. those old alpha videos of oblivion lost held semi close to that atmosphere and that no doubt was the driving attraction for a lot of people. It was for me.

yeah the NPC's are definitely a part of that. you know, when you add it all up (atmosphere, npcs, the story) stalker should have been made as an RPG instead
floatbewa

Postby Soap » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Kazak was browsing this forum and found another way about "keep NPC's items" problem and he flooded to my Skype to make me write here his "Plan B" solution (he can't login on this forum -_-) - his way is interesting and better than script...
If "loot erasing problem" was not resolved with "dm_keep_items = true" then i have another solution - just add stuff to LTX - nothing difficult - not problem even for noob - but idea is good anyway, so noob will not find that way xD
Let's went to gamedata/config/misc/death_generic.ltx - there we need to remove all shit in "[item_dependence]" section (all except ammo) and add ALL ITEMS ARE IN GAME (maybe without really unnecesary - read P.S. after) to "[keep_items]" section and it will looks like "item_name = true", kinda if any NPC has 10 medusas artifacts and we edited "[keep_items]" section and there is "af_medusa = true" line then all NPC's medusas will stay on him after death - not bad! Same for ammo, devices, food, weapons, medical stuff... Maybe it's possible to add few "magic" lines instead of writing every item we want to see uneraseble - like for artifacts section "af_ = true" - all kinds of artifacts NPC collected during his life will stay in NPC's backpack after his death. (in theory, i'm not 100% sure about that)
P.S.: If you're "-_- that's unnecessary feauture" about this thing, then you should try it before skipping - keep NPC's items after their deaths is really awesome thing.
P.P.S.: Some items might be "cheaterable" and it may cause problems with game balancing, those items should not be included to "[keep_items]" section :)
Вроде нормально написал, удаляй ЭТУ строку и шли на форум xD

I did not deleted Kazak's line (строчку)- BWAHAHA fail xD
i think you know, that feauture will bring sooo more realism to your addon :rolleyes:
Soap

Postby KazakHD5770 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:16 pm

This topic is for questions so i will put questions here :)
You've included AI-Pack in LA, right? It means NPCs will drop grenades (i saw that in your trailer remake), but will NPCs use grenade launchers (GP-25 and M-203 - attachments for rifles)? Will NPCs collect all loot (maybe except something special to prevent "story elements stealing")? Became NPCs more smart and are those not so stupid than in vanilla SoC? Still NPCs drink vodka through antigases? :mrgreen: Maybe those just have special socket for vodka bottle in antigases - nothing abnormal for stalker xD
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby medved » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Good day!
I would like to ask whether the NPC to raise their level in the game? Whether a beginner to get to Pripyat?
medved

Postby vintar » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:36 am

Well they did have level presets in stalker, but it seems they never bothered too much with it although on the most part it was used.
We will try balance it out a bit more because I agree that there is no place for noobs on levels like Pripyat :)
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby medved » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:11 pm

I mean, whether "newbie" grow up "wizard" to buy a big gun and go to Pripyat?
medved

Postby Killerangel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Well you will need some skills in a lot's of situations and much atention ,so keep the fingers in a fitnes way ,you will need it. [smilie=coolup.gif]
Killerangel
dez0wave tester

Previous

Return to Lost Alpha