Lost Alpha - Q & A

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Lost Alpha - Q & A

Postby spayne35 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:07 am

Hi stalkers :D !
I have a question about our PDA, will our friends be registered in a section of this last one?
If yes, their death will be indicated to us in the style of AMK mod?

ps : Sorry if my English is bad...
spayne35

Postby Killerangel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:21 pm

i gues will be ... :D... or not :axe: but not like in AMK
Killerangel
dez0wave tester

Postby atikabubu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:52 pm

It won't, EOT.
Polish Stalker Community
Polish Community PR and Localization
atikabubu
Admin & dez0wave developer

Postby Killerangel » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:43 am

atikabubu guy with axe :axe: and me the runer
Killerangel
dez0wave tester

Postby spayne35 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Thank you for having answered :!:
spayne35

Postby basist » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Artifacts:
1) will artifacts be spawned anew in the anomalies after blowouts?
2) will artifacts or monster parts have their "weird" properties stated in their description? In the description of some of them (like bloodsucker's tentacles or "Sparkle" or "Droplet" artifact - cannot remember now) it was stated that "it protects you from monsters" or something like that... This could probably be hard to implement but would make the game even more complex and interesting. Especially if only the "weak" artifacts ("Droplet", +10 to rad protection) would have such side effects while the stronger ones ("Fireball" +20 & "Crystal" +30 respectively) wouldn't.

A question similar to weird properties of artifacts - weird properties of monsters. Description of a pseudodog's tail says it is a matter of scientific researches for its ability to resist electricity. So - will pseudodogs ignore or take more electricity damage?

And a question remained unanswered on "different suits adding to the stealth" (example: when wearing a bandit suit you can infiltrate their base without being shot at). And will other factions react differently to the type of costume you are wearing?
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby LoNer1 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:14 am

Does your mod include new particles? i want to merge my mod in it, STALKER Particle Paradise :)

Nice seeing this forum and site up! cheers mates!

:drinkers:
LoNer1

Postby Omfgkrystus » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Yo! Gotha few questions :D
-Did you use some other music then vanilla SoC? Well, Clear Sky Yantar and Dark Valley music is much better then oryginal, and makes atmosphere even more darker and sad.
- Rostok Bar will be only safe place in zone?
-Items in inverntory didn't stack, and must fit visually in inventory?
-There will be limit of ammo on belt? or i can carry 300 5.56mm in one slot? :D
-What about stalkers equipment? In vanilla in expert bodies u can find nothing then 9 bullets, pistol and bandage :p
-Thats all, thank you guys and bye for now :D
Omfgkrystus

Postby dez » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:36 pm

basist,

artifacts are spawned in anomaly zones mostly after blowouts, which was discussed on the forum several times :) can't say more about it, its simple as is. and nope, they dont have such properties which doesnt fit, or we didnt like. This part in soc was pretty ok, we dont plan to extend it, only fixed some not neded stuff.

LoNer1,

yes, we have custom particles.xr, so you will have a nice time merging it with yours :)

Omfgkrystus,

we are using only authentic old soc ambient musics + some own, created by Klangsegler especially for LA. Rostok-bar is safe but not forever, only for a while, safe places are changing ...well not always, but they change during the storyline. Belt has 16 boxes, and for example 1 box of machine gun ammo (usually consists of 30 ammo, less in come cases like the vintorez) uses 2 box from the ammo. so you can put 8 box of smg ammo on the belt, then its full, but you also need to use your headlamp sometimes, which also uses 2box, plus if you use detectors, they also use up 1-1 boxes, and so on, so if you use all devices on your belt, you cant drop many ammo on it, only max 1-2 boxes, then you will need to fill the belt again if ammo is out. (because you can only reload wpn, if there is at least 1 box of ammo on the belt) :)
Stalkers are not flooded with stuff, but you will find item in their pockets...
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Mr. A. Lost » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:36 am

Sounds awesome!

Hope the weapons are somewhat realistic, but work well within the game ... meaning no absurd recoil like some mods use.
Mr. A. Lost

Postby diablo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:34 am

hey i know this is probably impossible, but i think a good idea could be adding prone and ''jumping out of cover'' feature for the npcs, like they could in clear sky. By jumping out of cover i mean were they would stay crouched behind a low cover and then jump out in front of it to spray and pray I couldnt find were they jump out, but the closest i could find would be at 13:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00bG3zOmtwo
diablo

Postby dez » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:57 pm

smart cover system was implemented to the engine in 2008 (clear sky era)... it would require too much additional work to make something similar, plus we are at the final stage, won't add any more features.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby basist » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:48 pm

the best thing is you "are at the final stage"!
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby Kane4 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 am

I've probably asked this question in moddb, but will the npc's move and have similar AI to one in build 2232?
Kane4

Postby Soap » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:48 pm

You thinking what i thinking?
Those NPCs are crasy and fighting with those sometimes is like fighting with real players.
I've tryed that build, for interest disabled "g_god 1" and noticed that KazakHD5770 wath right about boars xD
Soap

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha