Lost Alpha - The Project

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: The Project

Postby dez » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:26 pm

the screen i linked is our remake, its already in game (not old screen from gsc) :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby ezeht1 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:35 pm

ok im confused.

i thought i read early on back to the roots or ol what ever its called will be for stalker soc and said because it is what the game should have been maybe.. then i read the new mod will be for clear sky game?

well. i think priboi is a great mod maybe the best yet. but. and i mean no disrespect to any here but. stalker is the very most buggy game i own. i had to learn a whole new game skill just to play it. and thats after waiting for patch 10003 just to play the game because the stock game when it came out was just broken buggy crap and saved games and other stuff did not work out of the box. i had to learn how to baby a game to keep it from ctd or hard lock my system. then i read all the crap and buggy junk with clear sky and was more a system hog than the first crysis game.

i played stalker soc some 40x with different patches and mods and vanilla and skill levels. waiting for like a 1 1/2 years for gsc to polish and fix stalker and add promised stuff and they never did. each patch broke something else. or changed sky and weather cycles what ever. and then all of the gsc moderator and fan boy attacks. of all the games i have and play. no site is more nasty to us the consumers than is gsc site period. i let all know on every site i post on about stalker and gsc. i had deleted stalker and said id never play it again. and waited a long time for fixes for priboi before i gave it a try. im happy with priboi but posted some lil problems in the priboi bug area.. but. i have said i will never ever buy from gsc again. not clear sky or call of pripyat or nothing else from that company. i laughed so hard to read clear sky was as much a buggy junk game as was stalker soc when it first came out[ ha ha ha ]. tho now in the future. i might buy clear sky and call of pripyat when they cost 10 bucks and after many patches maybe. other than that. gsc can jam its junk up its butts..

of over 20 friends i have that own stalker soc. only 2 of them ever finsihed stalker 1x [ending] much less ever play it over 1x or played all the endings. those 2 people did play the game multi times. most of them will never buy gsc again either. not even to just have or add to his game collection and let it sit on a shelf. most of my friends gave up on stalker soc and gsc. and deleted it after a few levels. it was just to much trouble and a buggy mess period. its just the truth.. i love the game. but hate the buggy junk and stupid fan boys.. a fan and a fan boy are 2 very different people.

so im a lil sad to read- back to the roots will not be for stalker soc and is for the cs engine [if i read right that is?].. i guess i will not get to play it.. i had been looking forward to back to the roots.. and again priboi is a great mod. i really want to play the added on areas or cut out from the retail game..

any way.

i wish you folks the best. thanks for your hard work. moders carried stalker soc. it would have been nothing and way less popular with out you free working guys..

take care. see ya..
Abit Fatal1ty an9-32x. v1.1 bios18.
ADA4800IAA6CS. htt220.6 @2646.
OCZ gxssli 600w. WD1600/3200AAJS.
OCZ2P8002GK 5-5-5-15 t2 2.1v @441.
EVGA 88gts ko g92. ViewSonic19"p95f+b.
Antec p160.Thermalright si128.
XPpro sp2dx9c. Fios 15<>2mbps.
ezeht1

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:51 am

Not for SoC?

You sure?

Lost Alpha is a recreation of much of what the game was supposed to be at the 2004 stage of development. That is, the game that eventually became SoC.

Yes, Stalker was and is a buggy old mess. Not so much now as it was on release, but there are still issues. And that seems to be partly responsible for its following. CS also had problems, but they are mostly fixed now. A whole series of communities have grown up around these games and the rescuing of them from the careless grasp of the evil developers.

And to those parents who say nothing can be learned from computer games: I have never held a weapon more serious than an air rifle, and the nearest I've been to an automatic 'weapon of war' is passing an airport on a bus. But I can now watch an episode of 'Stargate' and am able to name every weapon I see (not including the Goa-ould ones).

Okay, educational pointers on weapon recognition aren't necessarily what is considered 'learning', but you never know when such might just be useful in the real world.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby ezeht1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:51 am

ok red

im still not sure by your post if lost alpha will be for soc or clear sky. as said. i had first read early on its for stalker soc.. then reading here its said its for clear sky. so im confused.. maybe it will be for both games- maybe??

and ya. playing stalker ive learned a lot of guns per say. i now notice guns in movies too and know what they are from playing stalker.. and to i know shell ejects out of the wrong side of guns in stalker and was done for fx to better see the shells etc. or from what ive read any way.. it dont matter to me.. but its cool to see guns in movies etc and know what they are..

and ya.. i give the mod community big credits. they made stalker and cs more popular.. other than the moders. id guess both games would just be half playable.. as said i love stalker.. but it is buggy. ive never played anything so buggy and have to baby it.. but at the same time it kind of endears ya to it. not only do you have to play it. you have to prop it up and nurse it along so it dont ctd or hard lock.. but gsc is crap for patching too.. they just want to push out the next buggy game and get paid and let the community fix its junk.. its not right imo.. buggy and fix it is 1 thing.. to just not give a chit is another..

see ya..
ezeht1

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Even if they've decided to go with the CS engine, it would be a pleasure to buy a copy of CS with no intention of playing the GSC game, but just to use it as a 'cake stand' to put the centerpiece (mod) on.

And by the time Lost Alpha is released it is likely that CS will be a bargain-bin item anyway, if it isn't already.

But give a thought to those of us who venture into the Zone (in any game or mod) with an in-built disadvantage - Marked One and Lt Slipchenko are both right-handed. I'm left-handed, so the original ejection ports would have been okay for me.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:24 pm

lost alpha is made to run with shoc :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby dez » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:44 pm

who said it will be for clear sky? :axe: ... seriously.... please, dont make me sad.... and read before you write. this was discussed many times even here, or if you take your time, and visit our moddb site:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

then you will notice in 1sec. :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby ezeht1 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:07 pm

well. i had just read it here i have to hunt for the thread and post now. but. im not on my pc or have time now. but it is what i read. and i think on this forum last night. so.

that is why i asked. as i had said. i had thought i had always read its for soc. but then read its for cs engine. and is the only reason i posted to ask..

but its all good. you say its for soc. sounds good to me.. and i do read and is why i asked.. maybe the poster that said its for cs dont know what is right or is his wish list.. but had i not read some1 post its for cs. well i would not have been confused..

so. i guess i will play it when its done and being its for soc.. cool..

thanks.. see ya..
ezeht1

Postby dez » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:21 pm

we are working on an eng version of faq. hopefully it will be ready soon.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby ezeht1 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:56 am

thats cool.

i know i read on this site just before i posted said this was for cs. but i could have been confused. on the 1st page of this thread people mabe a mod was saying priboi 2 is for cs. and people are talking ol and then the normal post saying why you started the project and how stalker soc got its name yada yada. so its not hard to misunderstand maybe.. but i swear some1 said its for cs..

its no biggie. i did not mean to bother ya. i just was worried i would not get to play and asked is all.

i seen the photos. well some vids too. it looks good so far.. :D
ezeht1

Postby jwknaggs » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:21 am

ezeht1 wrote:thats cool.

i know i read on this site just before i posted said this was for cs. but i could have been confused. on the 1st page of this thread people mabe a mod was saying priboi 2 is for cs. and people are talking ol and then the normal post saying why you started the project and how stalker soc got its name yada yada. so its not hard to misunderstand maybe.. but i swear some1 said its for cs..

its no biggie. i did not mean to bother ya. i just was worried i would not get to play and asked is all.

i seen the photos. well some vids too. it looks good so far.. :D

I think you can put your mind to rest now you will be able to play LA with SOC.
You havn't bothered anyone were here to help if we can :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby dez » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:22 am

One of our fans opened a Facebook group for us, so we joined, and ask you to join too :)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 3120746693

see you there :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby someguy353 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:48 am

Done, now I'm in the group.... and downloading the new video on youtube.... =)
someguy353
Adventurer

Postby atikabubu » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:27 pm

Time to breathe some life in this forum :D
Hiya guys ;P
Last edited by atikabubu on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polish Stalker Community
Polish Community PR and Localization
atikabubu
Admin & dez0wave developer

Postby dez » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:27 pm

ah hey :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha