Need driver side airbags....

Requests and Suggestions

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Need driver side airbags....

Postby fiznerpin1962 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:12 pm

... for all the crashes! :lol: any ideas???

edit: crap... can't attach files.... willtry to get something on here, somehow. (typing? :cry: )
fiznerpin1962

Postby super-panda » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:20 pm

Hum, if it was supposed to be a joke, it should at least be in off-topic, nemo created a place for that.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:45 pm

Actually, Dez did, I don't have such authority on the forum ^^
And also, WTH did you mean by those airbags? and files attaching? Could you write more clearly? This is NOT a shoutbox...

Edit:
Maybe you meant game crashes... If so, there is also specific section for it on the forum board.
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby fiznerpin1962 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:48 am

First off, no - I'm not joking. My game crashes to Xray bug report a LOT... thought I might get some help but I can't attach my zipped crash report anywhere here.

2nd, here are my options to post a REQUEST for help:
1. Priboi story discussion
2. back to the roots
3. join our team
4. downloads
5. requests
6. Shadow of Chernobyl discussion
7. Clear Sky discussion
8. off topic

I really didn't see one that said tech support, or help. So I made the next best guess with what I thought would be taken as a serious request for some guidance. My mistake - I'll try to figure it out on my own.

Thanks for understanding, everybody. :shock:
fiznerpin1962

Postby dez » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:28 am

you dont need to attach logs, only copy the end of the log file starting with "fatal error" here, and we will see. If the game crashes when you die, then i know the cure, and i can send you some fix, until the 1.1 is ready (maybe 1week)

btw: there is a bug report topic in priboi story thread... thats the one for reporting problems :)

so pls: check the log, paste the end of it here, where you see fatal error section.

if its empty, then its a crash on death issue, and as i said i can send you cure untl the 1.1 is done. If the log has something, then it will help us to realize the issue. thx.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:01 am

Fiznerpin, just copy and paste the last bit of the log into a post and Dezodor will stir up some PC alchemy that will sort it out.

It may sound like you were roughed up by others here, but it is sometimes difficult to tell the tone of a post from just printed words, and even more so when those words are typed by someone using English as a second language.

I don't think anyone was actually having a go at you. Just trying to keep the forum tidy (it is new and has no scratches or chips yet, only the fingerprints of the delivery men :wink: ).

Is the '1962' in your ID anything to do with a birth year? If so, come on in - I need a bit of company about my own age. All these young 'uns are far too energetic for me.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby fiznerpin1962 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:10 pm

yes, 1962 is my year of birth... :shock: and I must have missed the bug report thread before I posted my problem (they just called, my bifocals are done. going to go get 'em. -seriously!) Should have just typed in my error code. Live & learn, I guess.
fiznerpin1962

Postby Nemo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:05 am

Yeah, and don't worry about me and Panda's replies, it just looked like you wanted airbags implemented into the in-game cars because you crash them alot :D
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby fiznerpin1962 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:02 pm

Never thought of that 'till after I had the post in..... trying to keep upbeat instead of the "you guys suck - this game crashes all the time" ranting. :wink:

Actually, the game does crash when I die (sometimes) - and I will put my other incidents in the right place now that I know I have to look inside a topic.
fiznerpin1962

Postby dez » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:40 pm

hey, this report helped also, so now i know the game crashes when you die, so if you would like, i can send you a fast-fix until the 1.1 comes out. That will surely fix the crash on death issue. :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby fiznerpin1962 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 pm

Only happens one out of 9 or 10 times, & if I would keep an eye on my HUD - it wouldn't be so often... :wink:

I do have a real problem though.... been without binoculars since 1st visit to garbage :cry: Found a pair on a body, traded them w/ a trader, ended up getting rid of my Binocs! (couldn't tell which was who's!)When I tried to put the one in my backpack into my Binocular slot, it crashed the game - finally gave up. Doing everything by sniperscope &/or getting shot at. :roll:
fiznerpin1962

Postby dez » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:17 am

yep, this was fixed in 1.1 and also i posted about this bug 1-2 weeks after release, well i can only say: load an older savegame, and dont sell your bionc, or bolt or pda... if not, then i can say... 1week and 1.1 comes out, so that will work fine i think.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby fiznerpin1962 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:36 am

Bah! - made it this far by "kentucky windage"... I'll do fine. (would need to load a saved game from way back!)

It's all good.... havin' fun! :wink:
fiznerpin1962

Postby Nemo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:02 pm

Yeah, players have to watch out for those must-have things... I've sold my own PDA once... this was really nasty. Also without binoculars it instantly gets severely harder since many ppl use it often for it's lifeform-seeker option which isn't present in any sniper scope in game...
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby dez » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:04 pm

also if you sell your pda, then you wont see the npcs on the minimap :)
we fixed this issue, so in 1.1 you cannot sell your own stuff :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Next

Return to Requests