Funny fan art

Post your stalker pictures

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Funny fan art

Postby Nemo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:46 pm

That's one of mine '07 holidays photos ;D
Sarcophagus Trip
Sun was shining, wind was blowing delightfully, geiger counter was clicking nostalgicly and the radio-clovers were glowing in the shades... ;)
(It's really me and really the sarcophagus in that image, BTW)
Last edited by Nemo on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby dez » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:09 am

:) nice stuff
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby magpie » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:55 am

My friend? Was that mask a real necessity, or just for the picture :D. How high were the radiations (on geiger counter). Did you saw Prypiat? At the power plant were anyone else except tourists, military guards and guides there?

How is the air? Can you breath it? Does it tastes? Your skin becomes red or allergic to something?
dez0wave developer
magpie
dez0wave developer

Postby Nemo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Magpie, I'm pleased that this photo looks so realistic, but I made it in photoshop on my PC... I've never actually was in Ukraine not to mention the Zone but I'm planning a lone trip there at the end of the summer this year.
I talked with a group of abandoned-places-enthusiasts from Poland who were there two years ago or so, and they said that the radiation is starting to be dangerous (but not lethal in any way) only deeper in forests (near the ground level) and also just in front of the NPP gate. And those are levels in which the renovation teams are working with only dust-masks protection for 3-6 moths and then they shift. I read, that in fact the zone was safe to live ten years ago but there is so much damage that it's completely non-cost effective for ppl to get back there because everything would have to be destroyed and built again from scratch.
Summing this up- working and living in the zone is possible and quite safe (if you won't eat mushrooms gathered there) but devoided of any economical and psychological sense.
PS: Original photos:
Sarcophagus
Me
Last edited by Nemo on Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby super-panda » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:09 pm

Wow, this photo was so realistic!! I can't belive it's a fake one!(Sarcasm)
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:18 am

super-panda wrote:Wow, this photo was so realistic!! I can't belive it's a fake one!(Sarcasm)

Your sarcasm is understandable... either you can't do better and that bothers you or it's just because I've admitted that it's a fake and now you're acting like a wise guy :P
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby super-panda » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:13 pm

No, nemo really, I have often seen fake images and real ones, and even if it's not badly done, you can see that the picture feel wrong. Beside, you might notice that I dislike posting too much, so I only made a joke when I feel it was the good time.

Oh, and also, modified images are longer to load, as they contain more materials, so your first picture is longer to load than others of the same size, that's the first thing that move me on the way. I'm not very good, but I know that.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:44 pm

Ok, no offence done.
BTW: From those three jpg's the fake one is the lightest and it loads the fastest :P
Also this is an one-hour fun work so I didn't really wanted it to be perfect or something (I thought that even the idea of someone making such a photo -helmet and gasmask- there was unbelieveable enough to don't spend too much time on it, because no body would believe it anyway).
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:50 pm

Today I've been working with graphics from StalkerUserManual.pdf for some time, and suddenly I have noticed this:

GSC's Devil

That's amazing what you can see when you look at something long enough :P

NOTE: It's NOT fake, you can check on your own e. g. in the Priboi story papers from latest release.
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:17 pm

We are gonna go in the "subliminal messages" thing aren't we?I just say that it's
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby gubr » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:07 am

Nemo, I saw this picture on the old forum! ))) Nice one, good job! )))

PS Ah, the second one?! It is Ktulhu!
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Return to Stalker Pictures