Lost Alpha 1.4005 Developers Cut

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Lost Alpha 1.4005 Developers Cut

Postby dez » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:05 pm

We should discuss the upcoming patch & update in this topic! The current changes log can be found here: http://www.dezowave.com/1.4005_changelog.txt :drinkers:
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Re: Lost Alpha 1.4005 Developers Cut

Postby MeGiant » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:13 pm

I'm very eager to dive into Lost Alpha for the very first time. I've seen that on ModDB the current version is on 1.4003, but here the 1.4005 version is discussed and on the Dezowave web page I saw that it is planned to be released maybe this month? And here I see a lot of fixes are included.

A few questions:
1) Is 1.4005 released soon?
2) New save games will be needed I think?
3) Is there a 1.4004 as well? I don't see it anywhere.

I would really like to start right now with 1.4003, but maybe if 1.4005 is out soon and needs a new save, I will wait for a few days.

Thanks guys, the mod looks really awesome! :D
MeGiant

Postby MeGiant » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:57 pm

MeGiant wrote:(...) I've seen that on ModDB the current version is on 1.4003 (...)

I meant 1.4002 ofcourse :)
MeGiant

Postby MG1982 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:19 pm

Great news! Thanks a lot for the game, incredible work! :D

There're few things that make the gameplay kinda ridiculous/unrealistic. Mostly it's some small stuff, but encountered a lot, so it's hard to overlook. Just curious if something can be done about it. Some changes would be easy to do actually, I modified one of them myself - fuel consumption. For example...

- the pin-point accuracy AI throws grenades. Isn't possible to add some randomness to the accuracy, to enlarge the area around the player/AI character where the grenade lands?

- the fuel consumption seems way too high for all vehicles. Barely has anything to do with realism. A full fuel tank is not enough even to go from north to south OR east to west of a single map. I think the consumption should be reduced a looot, like 10 times!

- all vehicles have a ''weight/gravity'' problem. Even a 20-30kg blind dog can flip-over a +1.000kg car. Come on... Only the Pseudogiant should be able to move a +13tonne BTR! The command window (repair, refuel etc) for the BTR is inexistent! This vehicle, for example, is useless once the fuel tank is empty, almost completely not worth having it in the game if we think how much it costs and for how long it can be used! Cause nobody will have the money to spent on it OR will want to spend 500.000RU on a vehicle that lasts few meters. Unless cheating is considered...

- more traders should sell vehicles, at least the most important traders should sell them. Allow the player to be able to buy at least 1 type of vehicle from any trader. Buying 1 vehicle at one time limit should be removed too. Allow the player to buy 2-3 vehicles at one time, only then the traders should refuse selling any other vehicle. Or at least make this time-related. Bought one vehicle, abandoned it when the tank was empty... then Barkeep did not want to sell any other vehicle until I destroyed the abandoned vehicle!

- the AI seems to have unlimited ammo. And when they're eliminated, the AI has like 0 rifle bullets, 1 rifle bullet, rarely a full pack of rifle rounds. Would be cool/realistic to see the AI remain without ammo after a while, also find more rifle ammo on them when looting the corpses.

- finding money on corpses would be nice. More money is welcomed. The sum found on corpses should be related to RANK and then GROUP/FACTION.

-
MG1982

Postby dez » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:45 pm

MeGiant wrote:
MeGiant wrote:(...) I've seen that on ModDB the current version is on 1.4003 (...)

I meant 1.4002 ofcourse :)

1.4003 and 1.4004 were released only on a sepcific russian forum for a bit wider range testing, as we did not have active testers, but in the same time, we didn't want to release those patches untested, so we did some special semi-closed testing.

The upcoming 1.4005 will contain all previous patches + the full game as well (cleaned, repacked), so the size will be a bit smaller due to the removed old and unused materials. We plan to bring it out between xmas and new year this year.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby dez » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:46 pm

MG1982 wrote:Great news! Thanks a lot for the game, incredible work! :D

There're few things that make the gameplay kinda ridiculous/unrealistic. Mostly it's some small stuff, but encountered a lot, so it's hard to overlook. Just curious if something can be done about it. Some changes would be easy to do actually, I modified one of them myself - fuel consumption. For example...
-

Thanks for the suggestions, most of them were already changed and included in the upcoming patch. Check the ever growing changes log for more details :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Return to Lost Alpha