Zone Survival Guide - where'd it go?

Bla-bla-bla-bla-lalal :)

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Zone Survival Guide - where'd it go?

Postby AJMBLAZER » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:56 am

http://stalker.heroesradio.com/Forum/index.php

http://stalker.heroesradio.com/

Looks like the sites are down?

Was just going to go over there and talk to Victory By Default about some modding and nothing's there... :(
I know dez frequents there...infrequently...at any rate anyone know anything?
AJMBLAZER
Adventurer

Postby Red Schuhart » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:15 am

It has gone down like this before. Been gone for three days before now.

I think that if something goes wrong the current admin have no proper access to sort it out. The site really belongs to Dawnrazor, but he must be busy with something else just now.

I'm sure Dartz will have been trying to contact him. Probably a few of the others have, too.

We'll have to be patient.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby AJMBLAZER » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:05 am

Ah. I got an email several months back about some sort of spam issue and I remember it mentioning that Dawnrazor was missing in action again.

I think I might have found VBD on another forum so I'm trying to contact him there.
AJMBLAZER
Adventurer

Postby stormbringer_951 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:13 pm

Nobody panic ...
I contacted Dawnrazor, and he sent me this email. So it looks like the ZSG will be back up very soon :). They moved server, but the new webhost forgot to put up the subdomains of heroesradio.com

Hi Storm,

I know the site is down - but I didn't know that the regular heroesradio.com one was in fact up. I have contacted the hosting company and it would seem they forgot to get the subdomains up and running as well. I'll get in touch with them ASAP.

I have no idea why the site went down in the first place. I'm still looking into it.
stormbringer_951

Postby AJMBLAZER » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:05 pm

Still down...
AJMBLAZER
Adventurer

Postby stormbringer_951 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:57 am

As the ZSG is still down, I contacted Dawnrazor again. Looks like we're just going to have to wait...

Hi Storm,

sadly I do know that the site is still down, and I've been bugging my hosting company about it for days now. They claim to be working on it... but I really have to see results before I believe them. Still, though, it does sound like they at least acknowledge the problem - and seem ... err, somewhat... determined on fixing it.

Don't worry - the site won't be down for good. I had a blast creating it, and I truly appreciate the fact that a community has grown from it. I respect that. And I believe that people will still find the site useful in the future. So there is not a chance I'm just letting it go - in fact, if I ever wanted to, you guys would be the first to know.

So, brace yourself with a bit of patience. Hopefully it'll be back soon - in the meantime, I'm probably going to check out some other hosting companies to see if I can get a more reliable service.

If you have Xfire, join the Zone Survival Guide on there, I'll keep you posted on news about it
LINK

-Storm
stormbringer_951

Postby AJMBLAZER » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Good to hear.

I was starting to get a bit paranoid last night when I couldn't get onto this site either! :o
AJMBLAZER
Adventurer

Postby stormbringer_951 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:30 pm

The ZSG is back up. Sort of. Access it here. The subdomains are screwed up but Snowball and Dawnrazor found a roundabout way to get back onto it...

Forum
Main Website
stormbringer_951

Return to Offtopic