Mini-modding

Bla-bla-bla-bla-lalal :)

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Mini-modding

Postby Hunterk » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:07 am

This thread is for people who want to make a mini-mod for priboi story and, need help, thanking people for help, just made one and want to add or explain it, or anything else involving mini-modding.
WARNING this tread is only disscusing Priboi Story's latest patch(1.1 as of now) If your talking about anything else let us know.
TIP A mini-mod a small tweak that changes gameplay.

First I have a few Questions I need answered.
1. Where is the file that gives the probability of a blowout?
2. Where is the file that involves the blooduckers invisibility?NVM just found it. But how do I turn it off?

And now a few to give

1. This makes it so that the documents you collect can be droped and stored in stashes.Open the "quest_items" LTX file in C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Priboi's Story - Copy\gamedata\config\misc
and search for a line that says
quest_item = true
Edit the true and make it false. IMPORTANT for this to work you must do it for every document in the file, for example, the one I showed you is NPP blueprints, do it for everyone and it will work for all docs.
2. This makes it so that mutant parts are worth more. Open the monster_items LTX file in C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Priboi's Story - Copy\gamedata\config\misc and edit the line
    cost = 1100

that appears at the bottem of every mutant part catagory.
Hunterk

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:29 am

Hmm...My game froze when I dropped some docs in the stash in my house.Tried it again and it works fine now.What do you think could it be?I'm using 1.0004
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Hunterk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:33 am

Got anouther question. This may be a bit harder than the outher questions, I might need Dez. But anyway I want to know how to make a character a trader. For example the blockpost commander? I know this may be relitivly hard but I think the game needs way more traders. Also how do you add/subtract items from a traders invatory. For example I want to make it so that barkeep handles suits, food/drink, and certian kinds of pistols. That way Pentrko can have rifles, scopes, powerfull pistols, bombs etc.
If someone could answer this I would be so pleased. In advance thank you :D
Hunterk

Postby Hunterk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:39 am

Anouther thing. How do you make it so that NPCs pick up items on the ground and use them? At the moment Im only really concered about weapons and maby armour. Perhaps in the feature we will be able to fully equipt our team with good armur and weapons. But I really want the weapons for now. At one point it was defalt but in PS it changed right? I tried it twice and two things happen;
One the weapon lied there.
Two he picked it up but that was is he dident use it or have it for sale.
Anyway some real help would be great im having some real truble with this and it seems like an easy fix.
P.S. My spelling today is really bad so please excuse me.
Hunterk

Postby dez » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:06 am

Hunterk,

- if you sell them wpns and medkits it will help. if they cant buy, thats an other case.

- also if you edit the character's community in char_desc_escape.xml from military to trader it might work, but then you need to make a new trader file for him, and all.spawn editing, and add logic, and stuff. anyway he doesnt need to be trader community to be able to trade. just check how they did with local traders (barman, petrenko or yantar prof, but petrenko is good example) and you will see the solution :)

- the probability of blowouts is in blowout.script. in blowout.ltx you can just enable or disable ot. in the blowout.script you can set the time when the game should check conditions for blowouts. its 5 by default, that means the game is checking for blowout every 5 hours, and if all conditions are met, then it can start. if you set it to 10 then it will be twice rare.
look for blowout.script

then open it with text editor, and search for this line:

Code: Select all
if math.floor(elapsed / 60) >= 5 then
Last edited by dez on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Hunterk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:12 am

Ya ok but how do i do that? I think there needs to be a lot more traders but I really dont care if there called traders or not I just want them to sell certian thing. For exmple I want the blockpost commander to sell ammo, millitary weapons, and millitary armour. But if i buy some weapons I want to be able to come back later and get some more ya know?
Also i dont understand your first little coment there? the one about selling and buying.
Hunterk

Postby dez » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:16 am

- open character_desc_escape.xml and search for blockpost commander, then you will see [spawn] section, and add each items under each other, and put \n to the end as in other characters. add ammo, armor, weapons, but this way he wont be updated, so if you buy all, then he wont be trader anymore.
for proper trading, he needs to be trader community, and proper ltx file. i recommended to check petrenko, and you will see how gsc did it. so use the same method for your trader.

- about first comment, it means stalkers buy everything, but they have limited money, so you cant sell them everything, however you can give them wpns. equip a wpn, stand in front of a stalker, as close as you can, and drop the wpn, he will mostly accept it, and use it. its important, that npcs have unlimited ammo, so they dont need ammo.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Hunterk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:40 am

Ok I see why now. Pentreko has a nontrader grouping meaning that he functions the way I want without being a trader. Interesting... Where can I find #include "gameplay\character_criticals_3.xml"? Also how do I get rid of items from the barmans stock?
P.S. Man this is complicated :? Dez remember in PS1 you had the millitary guy right beside you have items? Is there a way to do that but make him sell unlimited items? ex. You buy an ak47 from him and he still has unlimited more, or at least 100000000 lol. Its do able with barman, you changed the quantite of cigaretts for like 20 to 10. In theroy this should be pretty stright forward but the system is all new to me, a maze, a little hint as to where to look would be great. Thanks.

P.S.Ok I think I know what I need to do. at C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Priboi's Story - Copy\gamedata\config\misc\traders
Pentriko has buy, sell, and stock LTX files. What I have to do is do the same with the blockpost commander. But how did you tie Pentriko with that list?
Hunterk

Return to Offtopic