Lost Alpha - Progress

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Progress

Postby jwknaggs » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:11 pm

AfterburnzzPX wrote:Still with the voice acting thing Dez?
Hehehehe....
Hmm...Are you going to post it on the ZSG forums?
Because...they are partially doomed.

please explain doomed :?
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:41 pm

I'd rather not,but Dimitroff will
Dimitroff wrote:
Imperialreign wrote:we gotta afford those expensive NATO weapons some how . . .

Sell your weed. You guys have more than enough of that.

Honestly, I don't think that moving the 'pedia and the bar was the main reason rookies don't stay anymore. It's more of a general transformation of the ZSG itself. Dawnrazor started this site as a guide for the Stalker games, and the forums were a place for people to share information, help each other out, and explore the zone in general. Now this place has become more like a hangout for the veteran stalker elite, since no-one is really playing the stalker series for the first time. The best example is a transformation of the Loner base in Cordon into something like Strelok's stash, if you know what I mean.
It kind of saddens me to see new users join, and then just go by, unable to find a common element with our little place. The last people that truly became members were Karcentric and Carnage. We had plenty more promising people though, if anyone remembers Grounddog, DM, Sentry (although he might still be around), or even the ultra-newbies, like Copper.
Barcyclopedia or not, 'tis unfortunate.

Also,a comment on Dimitroff and his ramblings
Redrick Schuhart wrote:Dimitroff isn't really insane. (That's possibly an inadvertant lie).

OK,back on topic (before I get slapped)
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:13 pm

yes please do :)
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby dez » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:47 am

well most forums died or dying since stalker is old, and clear sky was not a top game everywhere. for new players, cs was übercool, for old stalker fans, it was rather disappointing. but on the other hand i can understand them, they need to do the popular way if they want to survive somehow. and actually we cant say that cs is shit, because 40 formum member posts that. as usual with games, only 5% of real customers are regged (or care to reg) on the game site forums, and that does not represent the other's wishlist.

ok back to topic :)

we are going slow, because we have 1 modeler 1 level designer and 2 scripters now. However, maybe we can convince Buddy to join us and help to speed up the progress, also Frederic found 2 modelers who are free at the moment, so maybe they can join us too, and speed up even more the process.

We are finishing Deadcity in the following 2weeks, then we will move to Garbage. It will take at least 1 month to finish it, since it has some progress already. Later we will move to Darkscape (Buddy promised to make the terrain for us, and he is experienced with terrains so it will be good when its done) and after we will try Yantar and Generators. If it will be ready, it will be near the end of the year probably, and if everything goes on our 2 scripter barin, and griphoon will fill the maps with life.

later if we will have time and power, we would like to edit pripyat and fnish our half done full stancia, and maybe darkvalley.

If we would find more modellers, the work could be fast :) So please, if you know someone (who knows someone) who is experienced modeller in max or maya, and willing to help in this project contact us asap :)

as you can see, if we dont find more help, we need to delay the release to 2010 q1 or q2.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby jwknaggs » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:10 am

i think what you have done upto now and what you are continuing to do is exelent.
i just wish there where more poeple to help :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby super-panda » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Mh, dezodor, I might sound offensive, but maybe it shall be better to focus on one mod at a time? No?

For what I understand, you are currently making both priboi story and the alpha project, right? Then, you are saying that you are missing members? Doesn't that sound logic, in that case, to reduce projects?

Because for me, and my opinion might be offensive, but I prefer to tell you straight what I think: a timeline for 2010.. the biggest problem for that is that I'm almost certain the games in one/two years will be again more advanced (maybe mostly in useless graphics), but there still will have improvements over the overall gameplay, I wish (maybe not).

Already, even if both stalker (on my taste) were good games, they really make me feel like half-finished, both. Whatever it be in technical problems, like optimisation, bugs, errors, problems, and same should be sayed for gameplay, which often feel dated, outrageously. The best moments I had were in the undergrounds levels, where the game is really a good horror shooter, with great ideas.

But overall, the role-playing-parts are really, really small. There isn't much more to do than shooting, most of the time, and it's really not enought competitive in that way. For me, it's really a waste that they tried to make something too big, and didn't try to improve the ingenious features to make it more solid, even if it would have been shorter. Like I sayed, I really feel that a lot of areas are really uninspired, and I love to watch level design, so you can see where my problem is.

It's a quite big post, but I prefer to develop clearly my ideas, so that there is not too much misunderstanding.

I will reapeat again, but my post might be offensive, you are making that for free, being nice, and all that is pure generosity, but, I prefer to write as I think.

I would prefer that you focus more and cut some features, than taking too much time to do it, and that there is not enought solid content, or that it feels dated in some parts. In fact, exactly like stalker.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby dez » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:53 pm

to make things clear again. we have 4 members. 1 modeller (kail), 1 level designer (me), and 2 scripters (barin, griphoon).

kail and me already finished the level for ps 1.2, so we moved to lost alpha, since priboi does not need our help anymore. priboi is 90% done, only needs scripting work, so it would be useless if we stay there and do nothing.

thats why we 2 moved to lost alpha, and doning the levels, this is the only way to make some progress for the scripters, so when they will arrive, they wont get bored to wait for the levels.

i hope this time its more clear.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby jwknaggs » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:29 pm

it's allways been clear to me dez :wink: perhaps some members should look to there reading skille :lol: :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby super-panda » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Okay, I understand better, thanks.

Though, maybe it was sayed in your previous posts, but I really dislike to go back and try to find the good posts. Maybe I should have done that anyway, but I don't really remember if you sayed it before, I suppose it was a long time ago.

p.s.: Dezodor, could please maybe make more often posts about progress, but with fewer images? Your news posts are very spaced in time, and you suddently throw a lot of images and videos. I would prefer smaller posts, but more frequently. It's only my opinion, your choice is up to you.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Frederic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:15 am

jwknaggs wrote:Well, it seems to me that your writting skills aren't very better than my reading skills, how about we both go back to elementary school and learn back how to write and read? Eh?

That's were i come in, buddy :wink:
For example, yesterday i corrected and rephrased most of the already existing documents.To add on to that, i did like 15 new docs that give off more of the back story of the UHSF, some of it's members and experiments/projects that weren't found in PS1.1 story arc.

But whatever, that department isn't a problem.Like Dez said, two friends that are into modelling and texturing are working on some of the missing generator props and it's looking good from what i can see.
Il work on getting more modellers into the project as i know more guys.
Btw dez, the two guys are totally into it.Wait til you see what they are cooking up for you :)
Frederic

Postby jwknaggs » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:16 am

Frederic wrote:
jwknaggs wrote:Well, it seems to me that your writting skills aren't very better than my reading skills, how about we both go back to elementary school and learn back how to write and read? Eh?

hey frederic just to clarify things i did not write this it was edited into my post by super panda he's been told not to edit members posts but takes no notice :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:15 am

As a writer and bookseller I am a bit of a grammar nazi, so my next comment should be obvious to all.....

Y'all need to go back to school. I mean, 'were' should have been 'where', 'allways' should be 'always' and 'writting' should be 'writing'.

Just a few examples (and perfectly balanced as it is one from each of you), but there are spelling and grammar errors scattered all over the place.

It doesn't really matter as long as we can all get the general gist of what's being said.

But some of us, and I include myself, really should be mildly ashamed of these errors. The folks who use English as a second language may make such errors, but are way ahead of us in real terms as my French, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Czech or whatever is either utterly dreadful or non-existent in comparison.

My only linguistic claims to fame are the ability to say 'That is a ballpoint pen' and 'That is a television set' in German, and knowledge of the numbers from one to one hundred in French and German. Believe me, those are of virtually no use in communication - how many Germans couldn't recognise a ballpoint pen or a TV set for themselves and need me to point it out to them? Answer - only non-human lifeforms.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Frederic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:08 am

Red Schuhart wrote:Y'all need to go back to school. I mean, 'were' should have been 'where', 'allways' should be 'always' and 'writting' should be 'writing'.

I think you will be pleased by the state of affairs when it get's released.
I'm a grammar nazi myself :twisted:
Frederic

Postby jwknaggs » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:46 pm

i think you guys are missing the point, the writing in red on my posts was not done by me it was edited into my post by super panda.
i hold my hands up to spelling mistakes i was never any good at it at school i'm 67 now a bit late for change :lol: :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Kaidonni » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Finally gotten around to registering on this website...

You say you need modellers who work in either Max or Maya? Well, I'm not experienced, and definitely no expert, but I have modelled in Maya before, and am very willing to learn. I already contacted Dezodor through email, but I have a nasty tendency to procrastinate sometimes, much to my shame...

I would like to help out with this project, I really would. I use Maya 8.0 if that makes any difference.
Kaidonni

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha