The Project - Suggestions

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: The Project - suggestions

Postby dez » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:54 pm

we dont plan to use sound mods, we ported the weapons (not all, the rest will be used from priboi story) and some monster sounds (bloodsucker etc and dogs) to lost alpha, and that is enough :)

about argus textures. yep it will be compatible, but we dont plan to release the mod with additional textures because of size. everyone will be able to install texture packs on their own i think :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Lobo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Have you thought of a title???

If not here are two suggestions:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Zone

or

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Enter The Zone
Lobo

Postby dez » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:41 pm

thanks, but we have a working title "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha"
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Lobo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:32 pm

Ah OK. :D

I thought Lost Alpha was a temporary title until it was finished. :oops:
Lobo

Postby flykas » Tue May 12, 2009 11:50 am

some sugestions I gathered during my brainstormings about this really really good game (this mod is one of the few games that I'm really looking forward to. wish you all tha luck that is possible :]) :

- to bring back the old sign comunication. When stalker sees another stalker they don't know eachothers atittude
towards eachother so they show signs, some how showing that they come in peace/ I dont realy know how it was mean to be made ,but
I have read in an interview with the developers that it was planed

- Absolute realism. To try biring as much realism as posible ,without looking form the gameplay point of wiev,
the gameplay should go on top of
of precise zone simulation with rules of the real life , as developers called oblivion lost a life simulation.
( for example you cant put a bandage so easely,
it should atke some time and you shou,d be able to shoot while putting it on)

- All stalkers should be bandits or loners ,and maby gather in some grupes,which in some cases be agresive.

- As I have read that there will be less stalkers, so it would be nice if you meet a stalker and do few jobs for him he becomes your friend. I don't rememeber maybe its allready like that ,but It would be nice to hava more stalkers needing some kind of job to be done.:]

- All areas should be equal . No dificulty level rising with each area ,just the natural variation of dificulty.
So that you could feel that you ar just doing your job in one corner of the zone wich is most convinient for you.

- Good weapons are hard to get. As I imagine the normal stalker walks around with a kalshnikov and a pistol ,or a shotgun.

- Hard Story line. Not obvious. (for example ,sometimes you have no clue what to do at all ,than you sudenlly run in to man
that knows some needed information}

- Bandages don't heal

- Effect of alchohol lasts like in real life ( one bottle of vodka bout half of a day)

- Diseases

- food wear , some of the food like, bread should wear out in a few days , the conserved fish can be good for years and so on.

- In places where Boar is being coocked (for example: In freedom base or In Duty base at the HQ of duty) could be posible to
buy some boar meet from the near by npc , or maybe he would give it to you for free.

- When you drink a bottle of vodka or eat a conservation box of food ,the empty can or empty bottel appears in your inventory and you
must throw it out .So that would add littering.

- Fire burning after explosion , like in 1935 build.

- If the lost alpha will have the storyline related to the original events, would be nice that the generators would be in some sytem with the monolit control, as ir resambles it some how
ANd I gues it was meant to be conected somehow.
flykas

Postby Kassad » Mon May 18, 2009 7:26 pm

What do you say about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Return...?
Two dead S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s are better than one - Old Bandit Mantra
Kassad

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Tue May 19, 2009 7:14 am

Kassad wrote:What do you say about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. The Return...?

They've already got a title :mrgreen: ... Unless it's a working title...
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Kassad » Tue May 19, 2009 8:10 am

I didn't go to page 6... :oops: :lol:
Kassad

Postby Kassad » Tue May 19, 2009 8:29 am

Flykas made a good point there...Making Stalker realistic would be a wonderful thing....you have to sleep at night or you could sleep during the day and then explore the Zone at night...u should add more quests,mutants(check my story 'bout the Wall-climbing,Spider-Snork)...
Some mutants:
Spider-Snork---Can climb and can jump at player like a regular snork
Two-headed controller---Master controller
(More to come)
Some quest:
Group quests actually,round up with a few fellows and rot out a bloodsucker lair or something like that...
Combinig a few lesser artifacts to create some better shit...(this quest should be obtained from the scientists)
(and many more to come)
Aaahhhh,yes and one more thing...You should add weed... or something that makes your characther more resistant to damage but drains your health after the effect stops...
(I don't smoke weed,people at the street started asking me bout that,as well as my father)
Kassad

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 am

Kassad wrote:Flykas made a good point there...Making Stalker realistic would be a wonderful thing....you have to sleep at night or you could sleep during the day and then explore the Zone at night...u should add more quests,mutants(check my story 'bout the Wall-climbing,Spider-Snork)...
Some mutants:
Spider-Snork---Can climb and can jump at player like a regular snork
Two-headed controller---Master controller
(More to come)
Some quest:
Group quests actually,round up with a few fellows and rot out a bloodsucker lair or something like that...
Combinig a few lesser artifacts to create some better shit...(this quest should be obtained from the scientists)
(and many more to come)
Aaahhhh,yes and one more thing...You should add weed... or something that makes your characther more resistant to damage but drains your health after the effect stops...
(I don't smoke weed,people at the street started asking me bout that,as well as my father)

The mutants will be tough to make since they require a lot of scripting, modelling etc.
There'll be 70 unique quests, so there's bound to be a group quest
I'm not so sure about the artifact thing, but, who knows :)
Also, there are already cigarettes in Priboi, why do you want weed?
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Wed May 20, 2009 6:12 am

Did you play Clear Sky? Freedom is a bunch of potheads in that game, it's a wonder Duty didn't wipe them out years ago. Maybe you could buy it from them.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby Kassad » Wed May 20, 2009 6:45 am

Yes,i did( i played more times than Shoc and i thought it was way better).... and yes...you could buy it from Freedom...And another thing, there are Mercs in the faction list... and i was thinking that you can hire some of their guys... after all they are Mercs...
Kassad

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Wed May 20, 2009 9:24 am

i played more times than Shoc and i thought it was way better

You sir are now oficially condemned :wink:
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Beatrice » Wed May 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Haha Clear Sky was a good shooter, especially with a few good mods, but it Lost the feel that Shoc had methinks.

As for a few suggestions, if factions are going to be joinable and provide more missions/interaction etc it would be cool if there armours were all balanced, for example.

Rookies - wear the light armour of the faction
Experienced - wear the medium armour, with the gasmask optional etc
Master - wear either the Exo or the SEVA

These armours would become available to the player at their chosen factions trader after completing missions for the faction.

However with bandits it would be a little different due to the nature of the faction, the brown coloured armour they wear in clear sky would look good though.

Would just add abit more of an RP element to choosing factions, rather than wearing a non faction suit because it has better stats than anything they will sell you.

Anyway, ramble over :D
Beatrice

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha