Lost Alpha - The Project

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Postby barin » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:40 am

Red Schuhart wrote:I'm going to try adding a fix to Priboi 1.1, after I've been through it at least once, to allow stash messages to be given again after the stash has been emptied. The fix was given to me by NatVac and has worked in every mod I've added it to so far. It offers a reason for going back to Cordon every once in a while.

With Priboi 1.2 stuff in stashes will be random, so you won't know what you can find in stashes
dez0wave developer
barin
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:35 am

That's fine, great even. Should be interesting. I like surprises.

I asked for the fix so that returning to Cordon and other early maps would be at least mildly profitable. As it stands, after 1.0001, the messages are not repeated, so there is little to tempt one back to the early stages. It is basically just to add interest on those visits, instead of just doing the odd job for Sid then moving on.

By the way, can you add a lens-cleaning cloth? I find the dirt in the binoculars and scopes a bit distracting on occasion. Marked One and Priboi Slipchenko don't seem to care much for their equipment. The traders are as much to blame as the dirt is already installed in the new scopes you buy from them. Wonder if they charge extra for that?

And I noticed that it must be possible to add a bit of dirt to the actor's visible fingers (he would get dirty) as it has been done to Buddy's face and others who have used camouflage face paints. I've got a tube of British Army Dark Green number 1 and Dark Brown number 2 if its any use. :P

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:35 am

Then we should make a wish list like,lens cleaning cloth,gun cleaning equipment,airbags in cars,showers and such.Hmm,talking about showers(off topic),how bad do stalkers smell?
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:02 am

well, we will have many items, like boots, gasmasks, and some protective stuff, since these were introduced in old stalker.

btw:

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii25 ... mview=grid

is this title too mysterious?
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby jwknaggs » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:43 am

nah title's fine and the pics are great :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby SendeR » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Hello . What other mods did you decided or will decide to use in lost_alpha?
SendeR

Re: The Project

Postby dez » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 pm

gosuke weapon mod (pkm, p90)
fixed crows by tambovski
some features from xStream's aipack
don't plan to use more....
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Orion » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Pack from xStream very good.. as i remember - mostly like to be used is "grenader aipack" and "npc outfit"
I am an Eternal...
Orion

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:13 pm

dezodor wrote:gosuke weapon mod (pkm, p90)
fixed crows by tambovski
some features from xStream's aipack
don't plan to use more....

Is NPC looting included in xStream's pack? It would totally fit Lost Alpha.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Frederic » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:05 pm

No, it's not included in the AIpack but it's in AMK.
We plan to have looting but i think it will be our own scripts, like the artifact hunter video.
Frederic

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:52 am

Génial!

I just hope NPCs won't say "the artefact" every time they pick up an artefact though.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby dez » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:43 pm

yeah, its funny, but it was just testing video from last summer. we planned it for ps 1.2...

now it works fine among with other features.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Thrawn » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:36 am

hi there
im a big stalker fan, been following it for time...
never played any of the alphas, or betas, and i cant get that 1935 to run
played shoc, ol 2.2, ps 1.1, clear sky ogsm
i was watching some old stalker videos on youtube i have some questions about your new mod:

since the release of the 1935, have you had to add any things you had left out in your maps like deadcity? is it going to be as(big)or bigger than the 1935 one ?

what is yantar going to look like? i love the old yantar

is swamps level going to come back?

can you please remove the teleporters at npp =)

can you bring back some of the old physics? i seen this gameplay video where hes shooting a container and it comes down and lots of explosive barrels fly out of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigIYEzA ... re=related

in some videos i seen like enemy ragdoll, and some of the character models seem more detailed (flesh creature has moving eyeballs) maybe its just my shitty graphics lol
mutants drag other bodies around.
speaking of dragging bodies, sometimes npc chill around campfires with all the dead bodies of their friends right next to them ... would be cool that after an attack, npc would kinda clean up the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Bo50tky9s
in that old video you could see strelok using a phone or walkie talkie... can u add that back, so if you join a faction, u could ask for reinforcements at specific points... (or call in airstrikes) so many possibilities
i really like the stupid shooting of the npcs into the darkness and the massive mutant attack on freedom base!!!! plz we need that back

On forums i heard about this artifact merger thing... is that going to be included. i dont know anything about it whatsoever. sounds to me like diablo 2

i like the idea of having a mission where you have to lead people into the zone, like a small squad. though i prefer to be alone most of the time, if i want to hire someone or have to guide them somewhere, i would like to have the ability to equip them with some weapons and armor

well, i have lots more ideas to share, u guys be hearin from me
Thrawn

Postby dez » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:43 pm

hi,

our deadcity is bigger, not just the city itself, but the outskirts too... and somewhat more how to say "up to date" :) (when beta 1935 was released, we realized, that our deadcity is 99% the same... so we edited it and made a bit different, so players will get the old feelings + new areas in 1 big level :))

about swamp... yep we keep 1935 swamp, but fixed the terrain, and added more details :) you can check some level editor screens here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/fe ... evels-list
(deadcity and swamp screens and 1 bar as i remeber)

about jantar, we also loved the 1935 yantar, so we keep it and add some more details, but actually the map is good as-is :)

about physics, gsc used lots of physicsobjects in old betas... you mean this?
http://chernobyl.extra.hu/map/this_one.jpg
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Thrawn » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:11 am

wow great news
thats amazing stuff there dudes!!!!

hey ur right thats exactly the screen i was talking about!
with the shootable container object thingy. are you going to bring that stuff back?
have you already done some work on the physics. i think i noticed it being more realistic in priboi

about swamp: isnt swamp level in 1935 one of the later levels?
where is it going to be placed on the map? like in clear sky?
would be cool to see a final version of the pda map?
Thrawn

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha