Website and forum "upgrading"

Requests and Suggestions

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Website and forum "upgrading"

Postby super-panda » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:54 pm

Can't the thing that say a "rank" like newbie or I don't know what be removed? It's just illogical that posting much gives you anything, if it's useless.

And yes, it would be really helpfull to make the transition between the main site and the forum easier, like before. Also, as forums have been "upgraded", it should be nice to make the gallery part of the website easier to use, as well as others parts , as articles, or frequently asked question, in order to improve the interface.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:59 pm

I quite like watching those 'rank' names change as you increase your total posts.

I know it really serves no purpose, but there are several trillion things on the internet that serve no purpose - the place would look a bit empty if we got rid of them all.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby dez » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:24 pm

I added rank names, maybe they are lol, so you can suggest better ones. Now we have these:

1-50 = Newbie
51-100 = Adventurer
101-150 = Monster Skinner
151-200 = Professional
201-.... = S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

If you guys have better ideas, pls post, and we will change those :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Nemo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:11 am

almost every discussion board has those... leave it like they are, Dez...
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby super-panda » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:46 pm

Well, I don't like it. It's like the stalker multi-player, where you can have better weapons by playing more time. It's just unbalanced, everyone can't play the some lenght of time. There should have no bonuses if you play more, and everyone should have access to everthing even if they just joined.

So, I would like that it's removed, since it has really no purpose, but if you don't want, I think I should be able to ignore it. But I dislike it.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:06 pm

Say it Panda, you just can't stand to be called Newbie ;P so maybe Dez could change it to Rookie, would you like this more? ;)
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby dez » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:13 am

At first the ranking system was empty, so i just added these for fun, not to make trouble :D so i can add anything, its just 1 sec... also users after 100 post can have unique rank name...
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby super-panda » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Hum, it's not really that. Even if I posted I don't know much times, and I get a new "rank" (yepehhh!), I will still not be alright with that system.

It's illogical to give ranks or whatever, depending on the number of posts, it's not even based on the quality of posts, or if it's just off-topic (as it is more often), I just don't like it. And it's the same type of system on the game multi-player, which I dislike much.

And beside, for rookies, newbies, or whatever, you can have just have been recruted, or just joined in a military group, sport, or anything else, but you can already have great potential and possibilities, even if you need some training. If I'm wrong, why don't the armies and paramilitary units recruit older humans, from 50 to 80 years old? I don't want to see that kind of army. You are at your best of potential and overall when you are young. Normally.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Ok, I think that futher disscusion about this is quite useless... Dev team will decide and mean while, EOT.
(I'm leaving the topic open due to it's wide-aspect covering title)
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:10 pm

That's a nice idea... I think it wouldn't do any harm to have those...
And since I can't make them... What do you think, Dez?
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:26 am

Dez, I've just noticed that my signature doesn't work as it should be working (on seditio it was ok). Now when you click the image it opens image and not files.to link to the guide... can anything be done with it? Or should I just let this idea go, since it's not SO important...
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby dez » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:47 pm

i will see what we can doo...
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby super-panda » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:19 pm

There is quite much advertising robots, I browsed it a bit as dezodor mentionned it, and there is at least between 10-15, it's pretty nasty. Isn't there any way to prevent it? Because for the moment, they don't post, but.. I doubt they can make anything good by being there.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby dez » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:29 pm

well, i can ban them, but i can do it anytime, so im just waiting and waiting for the first spam posts :) if that will happen, then i will clean them out for sure.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Next

Return to Requests