HELP! Crash in bar area.

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

HELP! Crash in bar area.

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:14 am

This just popped up after hours of playing. The bar area loads fine, but as soon as I get near the southern duty checkpoint, or near any buildings for that matter, I get a CTD. I looked through the log file and this might be the apparent cause:

stack trace:

001B:00458BDE XR_3DA.exe, CKinematics::LL_SetBoneVisible()

more info:
XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "E:\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\XR_3DA.exe" at 001B:00458BDE, CKinematics::LL_SetBoneVisible()+222 byte(s)

System Error:
----------------------------------------
0x00000012 - There are no more files.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Re: HELP! Crash in bar area.

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:16 am

Ah c'mon, no one? I reinstalled the mod and started a new game and now it happens when I try to enter the garbage! The mod's unplayable now.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby dez » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:56 pm

never had such problem. try to install the newest patch, but it still wont help, because this is some sort of bug which is not caused by the mod itself.

edit: some ppl said on other forums, that its because of weapons. can you tell me which wpns you had in inventory? probably had the same in bar, and maybe that weapon is from old arsenal and bugged.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:48 am

It doesn't seem to be anything in my inventory. I think it must be an error with an NPC's weapon bone. Because I started another new game and could get to the garbage, but when I got to a certain area (like where bandits or stalkers might be) the game crashed with that error. So think there is an error with a certain NPC with some weapon, unfortunately I can't figure out what weapon exactly.

And I am using the latest patch. I never had this problem before so maybe the error is in the latest update?

edit: Also, am I installing right? I use version 1.00005, so I just unpack priboi 1.1 then update 1.1.3? I don't have to bother with that PATCH folder in 1.1?
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby dez » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:01 pm

thats right.

however, we havent added new wpns to npcs... so its strange. you can try to use the contents of config\gameplay folder from the previous 2nd patch... maybe it helps a bit, or use it from origi priboi 1.1

if it helps, then something is wrong with the character desc files, but i dont get it, because 2 guy tested the new patch for 1 day, they went to stancia and back, and no error found. i also went to bar to check traders.

(and i havent seen this error yet on any forum we have priboi topic, yet at least 1000 ppl already downloaded the patch)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:43 pm

OK here's exactly what just happened: I tried the config\gameplay folder from the original 1.1 and the game wouldn't load. So I tried the gameplay folder from patch 2, the bar level loaded up (but honestly I think that is just a coincidence). I ran around a little bit and there were some zombified soldiers nearby. I saw one, aimed at it, and the game crashed with the same error as before. I replaced the gameplay files with patch 3 and now the bar won't load and I get the same error.

From all this I think there is an error with some NPC model, and whenever an NPC with this model spawns, it crashes the game. The error can be some assigned animation, bone, weapon, I don't know. I could be wrong, but I usually trust my gut.

edit: Hey do you know any way to read the .mdmp files stored with the logs? That might give some info.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:40 am

Well I tried to go back and play around with the original 1.1 with no patches and I got this same crash in the garbage. One thing I can think of is that I enabled the scope and silencer addons for the graoza, and the scope for the val. But I can't see how that would make the game crash if neither was in my inventory, and nobody in the garbage has those weapons. Other than that maybe it has to do with these latest video card drivers? I don't know.

edit: I restored Priboi 1.1 with the latest patch, and I was able to run around the bar with no problems at all. I was even able to add a scope and silencer to my groza. So i'm left in the dark about all this.

edit 2: it's crashing again in the bar after I went to Agroprom and came back.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby dez » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:12 pm

all i can say, the unmodified retail priboi 1.1 + patches dont produce such crashes. id remove the wpn tweaks you added... cus if it works for other ppl too, then it should work for you too.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 pm

I think I narrowed it down to the AS Val, which I added the ability to attach a scope. I set it back to 0 and so far no crashes (fingers crossed). Thanks for the help, dezoder.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Return to Priboi Story