Priboi Story CTDs

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Priboi Story CTDs

Postby Vekkinho » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:04 pm

HI all,

It's my first post here and time to start asking questions :)

OK I played SoC for many times now, and I also finished CS when a friend of mine told me 'bout Priboi Story mod. I simply had to try it 'cause I like the game very much so I DL-ed the package. I made a fresh SoC install and unpacked the Priboi files there. Then I edited the fsgame.ltx as descibed in the readme...I sued no 1.0004 or 5 patching so far and I started the game. The intro's OK, I can see
STALKER Priboi Story intro screen and Asus splash but just about when I should see the main menu game CTD's and it's a showstopper 4 me.

Please try explaining what am I doing wrong, explain the dance more thoroughly, should I patch to 1.04 or 1.05 before running Priboi story or it doesn't matter?!

I'd really like to play PS but I tried installing it for 5 times today, everytime with same result, the game just won't start.

Thanks all!
Vekkinho

Re: Priboi Story CTDs

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:44 am

Vekkinho wrote:HI all,

It's my first post here and time to start asking questions :)

OK I played SoC for many times now, and I also finished CS when a friend of mine told me 'bout Priboi Story mod. I simply had to try it 'cause I like the game very much so I DL-ed the package. I made a fresh SoC install and unpacked the Priboi files there. Then I edited the fsgame.ltx as descibed in the readme...I sued no 1.0004 or 5 patching so far and I started the game. The intro's OK, I can see
STALKER Priboi Story intro screen and Asus splash but just about when I should see the main menu game CTD's and it's a showstopper 4 me.

Please try explaining what am I doing wrong, explain the dance more thoroughly, should I patch to 1.04 or 1.05 before running Priboi story or it doesn't matter?!

I'd really like to play PS but I tried installing it for 5 times today, everytime with same result, the game just won't start.

Thanks all!

PS runs better on 1.04 it will run on 1.05 there is a patchjust for 1.05 will not run on 64 bit
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Vekkinho » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:16 am

OK thanks for answering, just to straighten things up I should follow this procedure:

1) Make a fresh SoC install,
2) patch it with stk_ww_ 1.0004,
3) extract Priboi folders (gamedata, extras, screenshots) into SoC root,
4) edit the fsgame.ltx with Notepad and save it,
5) press play

and it should run?!

Last time I tried to install Priboi, I patched fresh SoC with 1.0005 but it crashed upon game start (I described above what's exactly happening), I'll go try steps 1) thru 5) with 1.0004 and post results...

I'm running Win XP Pro SP3, on a PIV 2.53 with 2GB RAM and nVidia 7800GS.
Vekkinho

Postby Vekkinho » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:06 pm

No luck with Priboi, I've tried both patches 1.0004 and 1.0005 but the game crashes upon start in both cases.
Vekkinho

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:16 pm

do you get an error log?
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Vekkinho » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Is it saved automatically to a file in Stalker folder and which one is it?!
Vekkinho

Postby dez » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:05 pm

quote from NatVac:

STALKER uses two places on your hard drive to store information. The game and associated resources are in the STALKER installation directory, which by default is on the C: drive in the \Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\ directory.

The saved games and logs are on the C: drive by default in the STALKER-SHOC subdirectory. In Vista this subdirectory is under \Users\Public\Documents\ while in XP this is found in \Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\. You can also access this directory by entering %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Documents\STALKER-SHOC in the Windows Explorer address bar.

The latest error log, called xray_<your_user_login>.log* is under STALKER-SHOC in the logs\ subdirectory, while the saved games are stored in savedgames\.

*<your_user_login> is usually your name, the one you see at the top of the menu when you click on the start button on the taskbar in XP. If your user name is Robert, for example, then you would find a file named xray_Robert.log.

At the end of that file is usually a section that starts with "FATAL ERROR" and has lines beginning with "[error]". Include those lines in your post to give us an idea of what is wrong. Sometimes there is only a single error line, but it might be enough.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:39 am

Vekkinho, in your post above at number '3' you only need the 'gamedata' folder, not the other stuff.

If you patched to 1.0004 the game should just run as is. If you used 1.0005 then you need the folder inside 'gamedata' called 'PATCH'. See the 'read me' file for what to do with the contents.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Vekkinho » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Thanks big time guys, gonna give it another try as soon as I get home. So I'll install SoC vanilla, apply 1.0004 and extract Priboi gamedata folder into STALKER folder, right?!

Thanks again!
Vekkinho

Postby dez » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:47 pm

dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby nemisiskhann » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:50 pm

I do not know if this helps but I forgot to edit the fs file (false/true) first before installing the mod and I installed update 4 mine did the same ctdw with the dreaded bug, o that bugtrap why they built stalker with it I no not, other games game me a choice to install that sort of gizmo its so touchy....
nemisiskhann

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:34 am

I suspect that, had the 'bugtrap' not been there, the game would just stumble to a halt after any fatal error. Bugtrap just pops up to tell you something you already know, in case you forgot in the few microseconds betwitx 'crash' and 'desktop'.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Return to Priboi Story