A few suggestions/ideas for Priboi.

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

A few suggestions/ideas for Priboi.

Postby Jelle » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Hello :)

I've been playing Priboi for a while now, and based on those experiences I would like to put forward some suggestions:

-Would it be possible to add all the documents that you find in the Encyclopdia right away? I didn't found them all in order, but when I found the one that was tied to my current mission, suddenly tons of documents got put in my encyclopedia straight away. It's not that much of an issue, but it tidies up people's inventory.

- This might sound a bit harsh, but would it be possible to word some of the documents differently? I see you tried to make it look as if the character you play is reading the documents and thinking about it, but that makes some of the documents a bit hard to read

- Would it be possible to have the NPCs that use the AK47 (and the other weapons that use that ammo) carry some of that ammo on their corpse as well? The only ammo I found for those guns is by picking up their weapon and then unloading it in my backpack, or by buying it. I think there was some shotgun (the long barreled BM17 IIRC) that uses a different type of buckshot, I'm not seeing that on corpses either.

- Can you make NPCs run for blowouts as well? I'm not sure if this is hard to code or not. Why I would like this?
When I'm in for example the Red Forest, the only nearby safehouse is often that cave-base of the monolith in the dead-end. When the blowout timer begins, I only got a few minutes to go there and kill all on my way, as the NPCs make no attempt to hide. This goes for some other spots as well.

-Could you make Monolith and mutants hostile to each other? It's not only because it's rather unfair to have to fight a batallion of Monoliths while trying to beat 3 bloodsuckers, but sometimes the Monolith also get pwned badly by mutants because they refuse to shoot on mutants (that's one fanatical animal-rights group!)

Please note that this was constructive criticism :) I'm really enjoying the mod and the new stuff that was put in.
Also, I'm no great coder myself, so I don't know if any of the above is possible with edits I can do myself.
Jelle

Re: A few suggestions/ideas for Priboi.

Postby dez » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:10 pm

hi :) thanks for the post. its all possible, but priboi story is closed project since 2009 april, so we are not working on it anymore. we supported it since it first came out in early 2008, and we still support it, but we dont plan to make more patches for it....
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Re: A few suggestions/ideas for Priboi.

Postby Jelle » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Ah well, that's a shame.

Thanks for the reply though :) Maybe someone from the community will ever make a patch (maybe even with fixes I didn't think of). If not, I'll live with it.
Jelle

Return to Priboi Story