Bug Reports

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Bug Reports

Postby Red Schuhart » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Try a quicksave and reload. Spawns can happen in odd places: I recall a post on ZSG about a group of zombies walking out of a hillside, like a scene from 'Zombie Flesh Eaters' or something.

The save and reload might spawn your troublesome mush-brain somewhere else.

Or you could try reloading the autosave from your last entry into the bar area.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Jelle » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:43 pm

:(

I fear that I can't try any of these - I tried the quicksave/quickload, but I think the zombie already spawned before I saved, because it keeps getting there.

So then I walked to Wild Territory , hoping it would go away when I would get back, so the autosave is probably bugged to :( I'll test that to see for certain though.

Anyway, thanks for the help. If all should fail, I guess I'll have to resort to my last hard save (which is hours of playtime back , sigh)
Jelle

Postby dez » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:07 pm

most of these were fixed in the 1.1 2nd update, and also now the 3rd patch was released a month ago. it should also fix these, however spawns sometimes bugged by engine, no matter if you give or set good coordinates. :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Jelle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Woops forgot to reply,

Somehow when I reloaded the day after the bug, it cured itself. Out of the arena box came a zombie sprinting , at which point he was killed by a bunch of NPCs. After that, all bar people went back to their normal behavior.

Thanks for the help :)
Jelle

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:56 am

Has this been reported yet? I just noticed this on my latest playthrough. You can buy detectors from Sakarov and sell them back to him for quite a profit. I'm going to test out other items on him and other traders as well. But for now I need a break because I've been playing for like 8 hours :shock: . Priboi is addictive.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby Red Schuhart » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:07 am

That sometimes happens in mods. It is just that a particular variable went unchanged during the mod's construction.

Often it is mutant bits, like dog tails or snorks feet, that can be sold and then bought back for less than the selling price.

If you're an honest gamer you don't take advantage of such a slip.

Modders aren't really gods - they do make the odd mistake or omission. This is an omission.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Sudema » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi,

I found a real serious bug, after installing everything like described in the readme, and I'm an experienced mod user with a high end rig, I only get the commercial intro of THQ,Nvidia and... you know what I mean. Afterwards, it's just a black screen I get. In other words, I can not even start the game except for the opening titles.

Please fix this.
Sudema

Postby jwknaggs » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:02 am

Sudema wrote:Hi,

I found a real serious bug, after installing everything like described in the readme, and I'm an experienced mod user with a high end rig, I only get the commercial intro of THQ,Nvidia and... you know what I mean. Afterwards, it's just a black screen I get. In other words, I can not even start the game except for the opening titles.

Please fix this.

what are you useing xp vista 32 64? :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Sudema » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:25 pm

XP, I can't run S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on Vista (I do have a dualboot computer with XP and Vista64).

~S~
Sudema

Postby dez » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:50 pm

please post the error log, as we described in the sticky topic. otherwise we cant help.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Sudema » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Thanks for the support but after uninstalling and reinstalling the game with the mod serveral times the last couple of days, it suddenly...works.

I'm happy now but I still would like to know why it couldn't work from the first time. I did the same thing all over again time after time and it's like my computer suddenly got smarter and understood what to do.

Now my question is, if something can work after about 20 atempts, why can't it simply work from the first time?

~S~
Sudema

Postby dez » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:18 pm

mysteries of the zone mb?
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Sudema » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Yeah, lol.

It might sound funny but this is not the firest time in my life I've got this kind of situation. I try something, it doesn't work. I get frustrated and start retrying over and over again, and suddenly it works.
I don't know if anybody here is into IL2 mods but there I got the same issue.

~S~
Sudema

Postby dez » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:31 pm

i had similar problems with many halflife mods... but that was long ago. im not playing any games except stalker nowdays.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby gordan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:37 am

This isn't a crash-bug, so no logs, but it still annoyed me, so here goes.

Since I didn't want to hack the weight carrying limit (because that's unrealistic) but I still wanted to grab all the loot from the bandit base in Dark Valley, I had an idea - take one of the big trucks that seemed to work, and put all the loot in the back! So I went and cleaned out all the loot, all 9238592 AK74s, 2340934 shotguns and [integer overflow] pistols and dumped it onto the back of the truck that I'd parked right outside. Great, I thought, got in the driver's seat and drive over to the bar, only to find that the back was empty! Gah! So I went all the way back and found all the loot on the ground not far from where the truck was parked! It looks like once the vehicle moves more than a few meters after being loaded up, all the equipment dropped in the back magically teleports to the ground. Is there a way to fix this and make the vehicles actually useful?
gordan

PreviousNext

Return to Priboi Story