Lost Alpha - Q & A

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Lost Alpha - Q & A

Postby dez » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:37 pm

We finished the Q&A for Lost Alpha project. The questions were collected from various forums, where we have topic, and we tried to answer them.

you can read it here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/fe ... -alpha-faq

please take your time, read it before you ask on the forum. thank you!
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Re: Q & A

Postby Jelle » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:18 pm

First of all, awesome! That Q and A has a lot of information.

I think ModDB messed with your pictures though, a bunch of them don't show up here. You also made a small typo, I believe 'munats' should be 'mutants'.

Making NPCs run and fight during blow-outs was a much needed feature, thanks for adding that :) Also nice to hear something about the expected file size of the mod.

I have a question though that I didn't really seem to find in the QnA list. In Priboi story, there were guns that weren't in Shadow of Chernobyl. Will those be in Lost Alpha? I'm not sure if they are 'new' or not, as I don't know what weapons there were in the early SoC builds.

Anyway, many thanks for this article :) Really looking forward to this
Jelle

Postby dez » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:19 pm

3 wpns will be in LA from Gosuke. (p90, pkm, mosin nagant)
and there will be 3 pistol made by Nova (one of our modeler)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby jwknaggs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:18 pm

dezodor wrote:We finished the Q&A for Lost Alpha project. The questions were collected from various forums, where we have topic, and we tried to answer them.

you can read it here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/fe ... -alpha-faq

please take your time, read it before you ask on the forum. thank you!

brilliant a must read for everyone,well done my friend :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:18 pm

The Q&A was indeed a very good idea, but I think the pictures need captions. I can already see newcomers asking which levels are depicted.
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 am

Hmmm, I just hope there are enough anomaly zones so just walking around the Zone is dangerous enough. In CoP it's like 90% empty space where you can run around like a moron without worrying about these anomalies that are supposed to make the zone so deadly. Seriously, it's mostly empty grass. And will we be able to use LA with 1.00005?
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby Frederic » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Kill_the_Strelok wrote:And will we be able to use LA with 1.00005?

It's planned to be 1.0004 only but I can see problems for lots of steam users since it's 1.0005 only.
Frederic

Postby dez » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:59 pm

there will be 1.0005 support possibly, but in a patch after release. all patches will be installers, since we realized, still many players cant install it manually.

about anom zones. there wont be many, but there will be some other anomalies too, which are not in zones, but also not much. you will have enough problems with the blowouts and local wildlife...
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:12 pm

For me I think vanilla SoC had about the right amount of anomalies. They weren't everywhere, but there were enough to make you watch where you were going. And I made them invisible to torture myself even more :twisted:

But for now I'll just wait an see. And I'll be far more interested in exploring your awesome maps.

I noticed that quite a few mods use 1.00004. I've been using 1.00005 forever. Is there something wrong with 1.00005? Does it change the single player at all? Make it worse? And sorry to go off-topic here, I'm just curious.
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby gannebamm » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Kill_the_Strelok wrote:For me I think vanilla SoC had about the right amount of anomalies. They weren't everywhere, but there were enough to make you watch where you were going. And I made them invisible to torture myself even more :twisted:

But for now I'll just wait an see. And I'll be far more interested in exploring your awesome maps.

I noticed that quite a few mods use 1.00004. I've been using 1.00005 forever. Is there something wrong with 1.00005? Does it change the single player at all? Make it worse? And sorry to go off-topic here, I'm just curious.

The 1.05 patch had destroyed some usefull stuff in the dlls. Therefore it is written for 1.04.
stalker aliVe teaser : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSUTI6cx9oU
My lovely old project...
gannebamm

Postby Sudema » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi,

It's been a while that I have yet posteed on this forum but I'm still around :) .

Now, I have a question,

I hope it doesn't sound to stupid but I'm wondering what is the difference between Oblivion Lost (which I played some time ago) and Lost Alpha?

~S~
Sudema

Postby someguy353 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:37 am

Sudema wrote:Hi,

It's been a while that I have yet posteed on this forum but I'm still around :) .

Now, I have a question,

I hope it doesn't sound to stupid but I'm wondering what is the difference between Oblivion Lost (which I played some time ago) and Lost Alpha?

~S~

OL is a mod that add alot of the things back to the stock Stalker game, but all levels and story are the same. so it basically OL make tweaks and changes to be more like the old beta.

AL is a mod with new maps... trying to make it like STALKER Beta version. New map, new story and so on. AL rebuild the stalker game including maps to more just like the old beta.

I think the differece are huge, if you go watch some videos on youtube of both, you'll see what I mean.

I think Dez or someone else can explain it better than me =)

Someguy353
someguy353
Adventurer

Postby dez » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:52 pm

OL mod was based on amk mod, and aimed to bring back some content, as the authors imagined. the story wasn't touched, but some nice features were added.

LA mod is a new game, does not have any vanilla / "untouched" SoC maps, 23 completely remade big levels based on some old maps, and also 4-5 own made levels. Not to mention, it's based on our imagination, and the rest can be read on our moddb site:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

take your time, and read it, watch images, videos .... if youre really interested. then, and only then you will understand.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby xxx.xxx.xxx » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi dez0 and all other devs,

updated and re-edited, 23-01-11 ps: These questions are from other peoples too over at Moddb. :mrgreen:

1:
Will you add special music at specific times, like when entering dead city for the first time ??
Will it have some atmospheric welcoming music ??
( like Half life 2 when seeing city 17 for the first time or ravenholm, etc )
Will the game feature battle music during certain fights to increase atmosphere ??

2:
Will the Zone have some bizzare, non lethal happenings, such as whispering voices,or
ghost walking at night inside a house, reverse shadows, a red moon ???
Will we see other strange things wich maybe look like bugs but aren't ??

3:
How long will the story be in terms of hours ???

4:
Are you guys planning to give some meaning to the title "Lost Alpha"? Beyond the obvious one of course ???
Is the title going to change or has it significanse with the story itslef ??

5:
Will you use models from other builds ?

6:
Are some missions non-scripted for the storyline ( Priboi story finding certain documents in any order ) or is the story all scripted within the game.

7:
Can we install 3rd party mods in LA so the game will look,sound,feel better

8:
Will Lost alpha also feature the '' need to sleep and cure sickness '' from attacks of certain monsters ?? so the game will get a more survival like feeling, instead of '' loot and plunder '' gameplay ???

9:
Will inventory and textures of scopes be adapt for the widescreen monitors or not??

10:
Will wearing different suits also add to the stealth in the game ?, (example: when wearing a bandit suit you can infiltrate their base without getting to close to the bandits or they will shoot you )
Also will other factions react differently to the type of costume your wearing ?

11:
How will the monsters be scripted ingame, will they have certain patterns ??
(example: bloodsuckers hide during the day in dark places and come out, only at night to find prey)
Also will they travel around the zone for new hiding places ??

please delete my other entries for i couldn't :)
Last edited by xxx.xxx.xxx on Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 20 times in total.
xxx.xxx.xxx

Re: Lost Alpha - Q & A

Postby Killerangel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Woow :? A lot of questions and one answer ,FAQ there will be you'r answer ,about the release date is TBD means when is ready all people will know ,please be patient .
Killerangel
dez0wave tester

Next

Return to Lost Alpha