Any mod recommendations till LA?

Bla-bla-bla-bla-lalal :)

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Any mod recommendations till LA?

Postby -bg- » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Lots of mods out there, all I've tried is crap. Some of them is less shitty then the others, none of them survived more then 10 mins in the gamedata directory. I have a hunch that this isn't the place, but waht the hell? If you saw a playable one, let me know... pretty-please? )
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
-bg-
Site Admin

Re: Any mod recommendations till LA?

Postby dez » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:17 am

it depends on what kind of game style you prefer. if you like priboi, there is no other similar mod out there.

if you like the run-and-gun style mods, then there is many modpacks, such as ol mod, smp mod, abc mod. i dont know any other usable mods at the moment.

if you want to look back and try these modpack's mother (which they were built ontop) you can try amk. (but i guess you already played it :D)

also there is a soljanka mod, which is built on top amk, but it also contains kostya_v-s mappack. so it brings something "new" to the zone.

thats all i know... not much, isnt it? :D

edit: there are some mods which don't touch the vanilla game, only adds graphics mods, but im not sure if they are needed in your case...
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby -bg- » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks. Of course I like Priboi. Actually I started over last night - again :) After a few crashes of 1935 ;)
It's a shame BTW, that no mods out there like Priboi. Xray have so many potentials, and no-one using it, except GSC and your team. People put so many hours to make completely pointless mods, and forget about the treasure they are sitting on. I really don't get it...

AMK, OL... maybe it's just me, but (knowing Priboi) those things are nothing else but big annoying collections of bugs. I don't want to hurt anyone, but that's the way I feel.
ABC mod: I wasn't know that, but I will, thx. Soljanka sounds promising. Especially the "Something new" part :)

I searched for soljanka, all I have got is oversized torrents (2 gigs), various version numbers in the file name. Is it possible? I mean no typo here, right?
Anyway, I'm downloading "STALKER_-_Soljanka_Mod_10.09.09.rar"

"thats all i know... not much, isnt it?"

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you guys just delete my post saying "that's dez0's mod forum, moron, we don't talk about other mods here" :)
And let's not forget about the two usable advices you gave :)

Koszi szepen :)
-bg-
Site Admin

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:18 pm

FatRap's 'Run n Gun' Mutant Madness is pretty good. No huge changes to the storyline, though you do get to see Doc more often. And there are a few interesting weapons in there, too.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby -bg- » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks Red. FatRap's mod is just cool! This guy is good, even if he's got such a stupid name hehh. Those guns are interesting as you said. The Snork Sweeper with the MEST technology :) This is exactly what the (most of the) other mods doesn't have: good ideas! Yumm...
-bg-
Site Admin

Postby Lord_Santa » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:24 am

well DMX 1.3.4 is out (it's a spinoff to Narodnaya Soljanka, with more content) and some guys are "localizing it to English", whilst tweaking it, etc.

http://www.tecnobacon.com/index.html

might be worth your time

otherwise I'd strongly recommend The Faction War for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky, which adds a different feel to the Zone, as you're a mercenary either roaming the Zone looking for jobs/profit, or joining one of the factions

it's on the GSC official forums and it's the only mod I use for Clear Sky (given that you own that game as well)
Lord_Santa

Postby atikabubu » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:08 am

Nice topic mining :x
Polish Stalker Community
Polish Community PR and Localization
atikabubu
Admin & dez0wave developer

Postby unclevinnie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:02 am

I've been playing Sigerous Mod for a long time. Enjoyed. Seemed to me very playable.
If I remember correctly - there are mods for each part. I've been playing CoP part.
There are so many new interesting original quests, and ways of storyline development, that, I'd say - it's a "must play".
unclevinnie

Postby Soap » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Ahh... Try R.M.A. mod v 1.1+ Shadow's addon - that is restoring 2232 and 2215 story bits plus BLOODMARKS!
+Generators, Warlab and DeadCity levels in there! It's not changing story too much, but making it very interesting and you will not be bored when will play this mod coz it's AWESOME. It's like "Lost Beta" - remake of one of the last SoC build of 2006.
Enjoy that mod :drinkers:
P.S.: Nothing is better else R.M.A. till LA relase, coz R.M.A. is "little LA" (or Lost Beta as i was writing before) -__________________-
Soap

привет форум

Postby Viktorsr » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:07 am

прив
У вас абстрактное мышление
Viktorsr

Postby unclevinnie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:18 pm

У вас абстрактное мышление

What you meant by saying that? (Что ты этим сказать хотел?)
unclevinnie

Postby vintar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:49 pm

You could try out a little mod called megamod2 by a dude called vintar :D
But seriously, freeplay from start with faction wars and squad hiring and weapon repair ala fallout3 and laptop feature with many apps, body and box looting and cut mutants added and flare cartridge shotgun and flare grenades and and and i could go on all day :-)
try it for a bit of fun but dont cry if it ctd's because i heard this vintar guy couldnt polish it up because he started working on another small mod called lost alpha or something like that :)
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby err_smart » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:53 pm

vintar wrote:You could try out a little mod called megamod2 by a dude called vintar :D
But seriously, freeplay from start with faction wars and squad hiring and weapon repair ala fallout3 and laptop feature with many apps, body and box looting and cut mutants added and flare cartridge shotgun and flare grenades and and and i could go on all day :-)
try it for a bit of fun but dont cry if it ctd's because i heard this vintar guy couldnt polish it up because he started working on another small mod called lost alpha or something like that :)

Where We can found info about little mod? :-)
err_smart

Postby vintar » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:00 pm

here it is for patch 1.0005.
http://www.mediafire.com/?tomjad53c3ip09d
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Return to Offtopic