Bug Reports

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Bug Reports

Postby dez » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:42 am

its not possible in xray engine. its not bug, its just how the game works. the only way to transport physicsobjects is some container such as a corpse or your own inventory.

in lost alpha you will be able to use he trunk of the cars.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby gordan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:20 am

dezodor, you're ruthlessly furthering my disappointment in the xray engine.
Any plausible chance of a port to Crysis engine? ;)
gordan

Postby Ummma » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:21 am

Ok, I can't get it to work - and I did read the readme. Clean install, the game worked. Patched to 1004. The game worked. Extracted PS 1.1, and then the fix #3 for 1004. Edited the gamedata line.

It loads, I get the new menu, then it starts loading the game engine. Then it CTD.

Running on XP64...
Ummma

Postby jwknaggs » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:41 pm

the game is made to run on 32 bit :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Red Schuhart » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Ummma, post your crash log. This can be found in shared documents in the Stalker SHOC folder.

Can't tell you what is wrong or what you need to do until you post it.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Ummma » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:49 pm

jwknaggs wrote:the game is made to run on 32 bit :wink:

Vanilla Stalker, as well as various OL mods (last one I played was 2.1), bit from AMK, Sky4ce.. A whole selection pack of mini mods all worked. I'm just playing Stalker again after 12 months away, thought I would try something totally new, but..

Red, I am sorry, I thought I attached it to the post, please find it Here.

On a side note, is there much future in xray? I am thinking of maybe learning to use the shaders...
Last edited by Ummma on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ummma

Postby -bg- » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:00 pm

Ummma wrote:
jwknaggs wrote:the game is made to run on 32 bit :wink:

Vanilla Stalker, as well as various OL mods, AMK, Sky4ce.. A whole selection pack of mini mods all worked. I'm just playing Stalker again after 12 months away, thought I would try something totally new, but..

Of course it should run on 64. Any 32bit program should. And it runs on my vista64 flawlessly.
At the end of "xray_[yourname].log" should be some "fatal error" message. That one helped me out a lot of times...
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
-bg-
Site Admin

Postby Ummma » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:16 pm

bgrdr wrote:At the end of "xray_[yourname].log" should be some "fatal error" message. That one helped me out a lot of times...

There is a whole hatful of shader errors, none listed as 'fatal' [see link edited into previous post]. Also noticed it says I don't have EAX 2.0 support, haha. Oh well, the computer gods are fickle. I guess I'll try a different mod. Thanks anyway.
Ummma

Postby Bobandy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:26 pm

FWIW, I too had a CTD problem when trying to start a new game under XP64. I eventually played the mod under XP32, just to be safe, but IIRC I was able to get the game going under XP64 by loading the autosave that's created when you start a game. In other words, after you've CTD at least once, reboot then relaunch Stalker, then instead of trying to start a new game again, go to Load Game and load the autosave. I forget what it's called - something generic like "Start."

HTH! :D
Bobandy

Postby Ummma » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Tried that, thanks.

Still CTD.

Still not found another mod yet either.. Might just as well box it up until Lost Alpha is released (and hope it works, hehe).. :?
Ummma

Postby dez » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:24 pm

LA is a complete new game, so it wont have the weknesses from soc :) i feel so bad sometimes when i see we couldnt fix all soc bugs, and it was too late to use ZRP. :S
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Szentii » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:58 pm

Hello! I have two problems... Well, first: I installed SHoC, Patched it to 1.0005, downloaded Priboi-Story, installed it, and downloaded the 1.1.3 patch for it. Overwrote everything, started game. It did go fine, but when I got to Major Kuznetzov at the bridge (Or w.e is his name) I just can't talk with him. He looks at me, i can shoot him, shoot around him, he doesn't reacts... I had the letter from Sidorovich, I had the briefcase suit, but I couldn't talk... I was reading a bit here, and I did see that on 1.0004 it has to run. Well, I re-installed SHoC, installed 1.0004 patch, and the 1.1.3 (1.0004 patch ) for Priboi. I started a new game, and at Launching Priboi Story... the game just freezes and says: XR_3DA.exe stopped running. Any idea? Please help, i would like to play with this mod!

My comps specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz
RAM 2GB
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 26002)
Video RAM 1.2 GB
3D Yes
Hardware T&L Yes
Pixel Shader version 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0
DirectX 10.0

And sorry if someone already wrote about these problems, but im lazy to check all the 22 pages :ß
Szentii

Postby dez » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:10 pm

pls read the sticky about how to report a bug, otherwise we can not help :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Kill_the_Strelok » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:56 am

Never had this happen before, but the game is freezing at the factory that has the entrance to x18 in Dark Valley (I have a savegame).

Expression : fatal error
Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
Line : 73
Description : <no expression>
Arguments : LUA error: ...shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_gulag.script:537: attempt to index local 'job' (a nil value)
Kill_the_Strelok
Adventurer

Postby julian88 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Hello, everytime i go from pripyat to red forest im gettin killed after spawn by a group of monolith soldiers.. no chance of getting from pripyat back to the bar area.. i have to go to the x18 lab (second encounter) and thats simply not possible. please help :(
julian88

PreviousNext

Return to Priboi Story