Lost Alpha - The Project

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: The Project

Postby jwknaggs » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:06 pm

atikabubu wrote:Time to breathe some life in this forum :D
Hiya guys ;P

yes ok :lol:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Killerangel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:55 pm

About the cars , will see doors fall down in time of driving (like in priboi story), the bullets damage the car and blow and go dead instant ?? or will stop engine and take fire to have time to go out and :arrow: run?
And another thing ...will see stealth missions ? like example: in to a night ,to steal the pda form a sleep stalker in to the camp ,were is guarded by other stalkers ,and go out silently.
Killerangel
dez0wave tester

Postby dez » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:44 am

not sure if i should reply or not, since these posts can disappear these days until the site is finshed, but ye, cardoors wont fall down so easy from now, since they can be opened and closed, so actually they have function, not just a decorative part of the car. the cars can have bullet decals as well as the bodies, and they will go wrong fast if you dont fix it. you can fix your car, if you exit, go to the back, and press use key, which will bring up a little window, where you can open the trunk, or refuel, or fix the car.

about missions, i cant talk much because we promised we wont spoil, but i can say, there will be some tasks when you need to be smart and you shouldnt kill anyone. :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby dez » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:14 am

i was browsing youtube, and found a video made by one of our retired modelers, dzastreux :)

it might be spoiler, because it shows one of the deadcity remake buildings from in and outside, but here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8n1DEIM7Zc

its good to look back in history, almost 3 years, scary, isn't it?
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby vintar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:39 pm

its more scary that you are the only one posting here :)
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby atikabubu » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:43 pm

Who, what, where? :lol:
Polish Stalker Community
Polish Community PR and Localization
atikabubu
Admin & dez0wave developer

Postby Killerangel » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:46 am

dzastreux buliding looks very bright ,no need for the flashlite there :mrgreen: ,looks intresting ,a question about walls ...,i see in shoc walls covered with tiles and the texture when you look it's mate , instead to reflect the light on it , im agreed with mate tiles on the wall (time degradation ) but not all , i hope to see in L.A. walls covered with tiles who reflect the light on it ,windows with glass ,when shot on the glas to break in to pieces ,in shoc this thing missing and others things like that.
About the missions , will have surprises to be captured and need to escape ,or robt by the other faction ( ex: bandits )??? we be able to cary the dead bodies ?? 8)
Killerangel
dez0wave tester

Postby gubr » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:13 am

Killerangel wrote:...i hope to see in L.A. walls covered with tiles who reflect the light on it ,windows with glass ,when shot on the glas to break in to pieces ,in shoc this thing missing and others things like that.
About the missions , will have surprises to be captured and need to escape ,or robt by the other faction ( ex: bandits )??? we be able to cary the dead bodies ?? 8)

I'm not sure but as far as I know the engine of the game does not allow you to build breakable objects like glass or something. There was such thing as breakable laps but this feature was not saveble (after you load the game the lamp was whole and lighting again). Maybe braekable objects can be done after all but it will take a lot of man/hour resourses. However I hope I'm wrong.

It would be better concentrate on the gameplay and scenario. Being not absolute gamer I know that this engine and its characteristics are far not new. There are several new engines that stalker engine will not overrun with breakable glass. In my opinion scenario and atmosphere will play main role in comparence with not new engine.

I would compare this game with Crysis. C itself is so bloody flat in terms of scenario that it is just a dumb and dull shooter. Brilliantly looking though. You play in C with your spinal cord, no head brain needed. And the only thing attracts in C is engine and graphics. At the same time Stalker attracted people with its atmosphere and intrigue. However the atmosphere was nice and the scenario (tasks) were relatively flat and straight. In my opinion S-games ought to be shooters with big RPG part, making you use your brain.

Sorrythankyou.
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby dez » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:09 pm

gubr wrote:However I hope I'm wrong.

yep, wrong. :]
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Re: Lost Alpha - The Project

Postby basist » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:07 pm

Once again - "atmosphere" word is used! This is already one of the greatest achievements of dez0wave team. And I'm sure they will do even more and even better! And the funny part of it is that it's quite easy to implement in terms of stalkers' relations - just REMOVE 2/3 of all stalkers! You will not have that much corpses with ammo, medkits, bandages, food, antirad, stash locations, artifacts etc. Even in build 1935 I tried not to touch anyone - because of being at Yantar, for example, will take quite a long and dangerous trip to get to Sid to replenish all the stuff u need...
basist
dez0wave tester

Re: Lost Alpha - The Project

Postby AC_Black » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

~S~

I have played 90% of the STALKER Mods and I must say that this project sounds exciting. This thread seems to be a bit old and I am no programmer, just a STALKER fan from way back.

Most of the STALKER games are freeplay with missions that you need to do BUT you still don't have to do them. In Clear Sky I must have spent 200+ hrs just running around collecting things and taking it all back to the Bar :)

I want to thank all STALKER modders that still mod this game with more missions and adventures :)
AC_Black

Previous

Return to Lost Alpha