Men made hell in Switzerland and France

Bla-bla-bla-bla-lalal :)

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Men made hell in Switzerland and France

Postby gubr » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:12 am

Know what? No point in debugging PS 1.1 and release od CS! Very soon (in Autumn 2008) we all will have a nice opportunity to fight with headcrabs, zombies and lords of darkness in real. As phisicians in Swiss and Frans will launch Large Hadron Collider! It is a big peace of mechancs and technics, several km in diametr. It is almost the same complicated as Panda's quadroprocessor and g-card ATI 4870 and financial reports of Ukrainian companies working in heavy industry all together! Its goal is to move small parts - quarks (smaller then moleculas and atoms) - on very-very-very-frightening-crazy-bloody high speed. From the information in wiki I can tell you that there is probability more then "0" of creating small black holes. Phisicians are not sure about black holes but anyway insist on launching that big peace of something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

Guys, see you soon in the black hole! Will take some beer with me.

"Don't panic" (c) Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
User avatar
gubr
I-project
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:15 am
Location: Donetsk, Ukraine

Postby Red Schuhart » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:32 am

That looks very interesting, Gubr.

Magnetic monopoles? We'll be able to build ramscoop drives if that is true. That means interstellar travel is a step closer.

And if this new collider can produce 'Goblins' or mini black holes, and they can find a way to manipulate them, we'll have free energy forever.

It might even open a way to the Einstein-Rosen bridge which is the basic idea behind the 'Stargate'.

Something worth spending resources on as 'blue sky' research always pays off.

.
Few know, and I'm not telling.
User avatar
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:41 am
Location: Westward Ho!, England.

Postby gubr » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:42 am

Red Schuhart wrote:That looks very interesting, Gubr.

Magnetic monopoles? We'll be able to build ramscoop drives if that is true. That means interstellar travel is a step closer.

And if this new collider can produce 'Goblins' or mini black holes, and they can find a way to manipulate them, we'll have free energy forever.

It might even open a way to the Einstein-Rosen bridge which is the basic idea behind the 'Stargate'.

Something worth spending resources on as 'blue sky' research always pays off.

.


Agree with you. I didn't mean that it is waste of money. Just you know feel a bit uneasy with those possible black holes. I don't mind about space travels. And I do not afraid of: driving on high speed, falling down from high buildings and getting in black hole - no pain! ))) Just woul like those signtists were a bit more sure about what's gonna happend after launch! Well then, I also agree that it will be not so interresting that way! )))

Red Schuhart wrote:And if this new collider can produce 'Goblins' or mini black holes, and they can find a way to manipulate them, we'll have free energy forever.


Yes, we could take those goblins as slaves and make them work for us! Nice source of free energy! ))))))))))

Sorry, couldn't miss it! )))))))
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
User avatar
gubr
I-project
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:15 am
Location: Donetsk, Ukraine

Postby Nemo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:53 am

heh, yeah, I heard about those plans about a year ago... and they already made such experiment without knowing consequences in Geneve's CERN... and then after nothing exceptionally unusuall happened, they gathered data from their detectors and other measurment stuff, calculated it, and came to the conclusion: "OMG! We could generate a black hole capable of sucking in whole CERN institute! Meh, but we didn't! Let's try it again 'cause it was fun!"
;P (Or something like that).
Also they were first to assume that a blast of energy alike to the supernova's birth could give us possibillity of travel to the other galaxies instantly... by making the space to bend (bend a 3D space... bizarre, isn't it?) and make a hole, a safe tunnel to make the starting and the destination points exist for few seconds in the same place... no matter how distant they normally are...
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
User avatar
Nemo
Moderator & I-project
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: Krakow, Poland

Postby Red Schuhart » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:08 pm

That 'hole or safe tunnel' you speak of is an Einstein-Rosen bridge or a 'wormhole'.

The science is all there for it. We'd just need almost the entire energy output of our local g-type star to make it work.

But if 'goblins' or small black holes can be formed, then we can get that much energy and more from them.

'Goblins' was a name given to the microscopic black holes that were created in the Big Bang, and could easily be the origins of the supermassive black holes that have been found in the centre of every galaxy.

It is believed that the universe as we now see it could not have existed without black holes. They are part of the process that forms galaxies.

.
Few know, and I'm not telling.
User avatar
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:41 am
Location: Westward Ho!, England.

Postby gubr » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:13 pm

Nemo wrote:heh, yeah, I heard about those plans about a year ago... and they already made such experiment without knowing consequences in Geneve's CERN... and then after nothing exceptionally unusuall happened, they gathered data from their detectors and other measurment stuff, calculated it, and came to the conclusion: "OMG! We could generate a black hole capable of sucking in whole CERN institute! Meh, but we didn't! Let's try it again 'cause it was fun!"
;P (Or something like that).
Also they were first to assume that a blast of energy alike to the supernova's birth could give us possibillity of travel to the other galaxies instantly... by making the space to bend (bend a 3D space... bizarre, isn't it?) and make a hole, a safe tunnel to make the starting and the destination points exist for few seconds in the same place... no matter how distant they normally are...


Looks like DOOM storyline! ))) No headcrabs? Shit! ))) It was most interresting thing about this all! )))

Red wrote:It is believed that the universe as we now see it could not have existed without black holes. They are part of the process that forms galaxies.


I think I could live without those black holes near me! ) Lets make LHC somewhere near Betelguese! ) If something will happend - it will not absorb us! )))
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
User avatar
gubr
I-project
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:15 am
Location: Donetsk, Ukraine

Postby Nemo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Well, you know what they say... Scientists will keep on trying untill the assumed effects occur, so be on the look out- maybe eventually, they'll teleport some horrible stuff to this planet ;)

gubr wrote:Lets make LHC somewhere near Betelguese! ) If something will happend - it will not absorb us! )))


hah, 427 light-years away from Earth. And I wonder how we get there without those experiments on earth first :P
Last edited by Nemo on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
User avatar
Nemo
Moderator & I-project
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: Krakow, Poland

Postby gubr » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:51 pm

By the way. Talking about scintists and scince and phisics in partiqular I recall a nice book of Strugatskij brothers: "Distant Rainbow".

The storyline is as follows: there was a planet called Rainbow where scintists were hardly working with phisics and mathematics and all relative. And they made something that became a cause of big energy waves which sometimes were coming from poles of the platet. And once the waves were so big that nobody could stop those waves of enegry and a lot of good scintists died.

Sad story about good clever people who thought that few more terawatts will do no harm.
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
User avatar
gubr
I-project
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:15 am
Location: Donetsk, Ukraine

Postby super-panda » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52 pm

Ah ah, take a super huge european scientists complex in the american face!

Well, without kidding , if ever there is a huge problem like in chernobyl, what will you have to explore? Quarks, atoms, and supposed black holes.

I doubt it will be a super-idea for a video game.

Anyway gubr, wikipedia can't be that reliable, as it's written by humans that can well go in a minute watch pornographic websites, or write in forums like us. It's REALLY not that reliable, besides, it's mostly north-american , as they are the ones with the most computers.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: France

Postby Nemo » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:10 pm

But this experiment really took place and there really was possibility of those black holes... the experiment was supposed to generate conditions (in micro scale) which assumable were present during the big bang (our universe birth).

Edit:
In my humble opinion this thread is depleted... (Sorry, Gubr, but it looks like your posting interesting but not too long lasting topics, so don't be offended that I'm closing only those of your's.)
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
User avatar
Nemo
Moderator & I-project
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: Krakow, Poland


Return to Offtopic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron