Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Progress

Postby dez » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:26 pm

dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Re: Lost Alpha - Progress

Postby vintar » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:12 pm

just thought i'd post an update before this thread gathers anymore dust.
I estimate progress on implementing the storyline is very nearly 50 percent :)
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby dez » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:52 pm

Ah I found it useless to post news here, because the forum was dead until June. Now its still not the same as 2years before, but better than nothing.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby shivam13 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:55 am

yeah.....50% story completed.........yess.......oh i cant find words....... :D
shivam13

Postby Killerangel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:36 am

yeah.....50% story completed shivam13 ...you think it's easy to make this ? i tell you is not easy ,if you can't find words why post here ironic things.
Killerangel
dez0wave tester

Postby shivam13 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:49 am

lol, mr/ms killerangel.......i cant find words means, i dont have any word for how happy i am :D , pardon my english if i'm wrong, isn't it a good news that 50% story is completed :?: .......
shivam13

Postby vintar » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:04 pm

shivam13 wrote:lol, mr/ms killerangel.......i cant find words means, i dont have any word for how happy i am :D , pardon my english if i'm wrong, isn't it a good news that 50% story is completed :?: .......

shivam13, your english is perfect and I know how you feel. I have still not been to all the maps yet and when I do go somewhere new, I sometimes have no words either :D

and yes it is indeed good news that we are almost 50% finished with the story, but it is just a number. There will be many more things to do after story is finished, maybe when the story is finished then LA will be 70 - 80% complete, who knows, just another number.

Believe me patience will be rewarded :D
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby Chiff » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:22 pm

It's funny really. There's so many games I'm looking forward to being released but none so much as Lost Alpha :D At last a chance to S.T.A.L.K. propperly.
Chiff

Postby dez » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Got some mails recently, plus seeing many ppl ask about progress EVERYWHERE, decided to sum it up the situation here, for those, who like numbers.

In our theory, the game consists 3 parts, the levels, features, and storyline with tasks.

The levels were finished last year, we are just fixing bugs now, so we can safely say, its 100% ready. There won't be more maps, nor less, the final number of levels is 26 (with 2 surprise levels ...nah actually all the 26 levels are big surprise, but that 2 will definitely bring a huge smile and "omfg!!!!" on stalker fan's faces). :)

Features. The main features were finalized last summer, and finished in autumn. Currently we are bugfixing them if necessary, but not adding new ones, nor removing any we made so far. There are some really big surprise for the old stalker fans, but probably will be refreshing for newbies too. I can more-or-less safely say 100%.

Storyline and tasks. We have a ca. 100 pages long design document, which will be released with LA. We are following the storyline prescribed in that document, and filling the maps with alife-quests according to that order. Our beloved game designers are doing their freetime job pretty well, they just started to work with the 20th level of 26. I could say 6 levels left to do, but first we only implement the main storyline with alife, camps, general lagers, lairs. Later, if we finish all 26 levels, we will have ti fill them with side quests as well, and adding stashes, blowout shelters for ai and player, and many small things, which require a little bit more work :) Progress is around 75%.

So if we sum the 3 values, we can say, that overall progress is around 90% ... but as you know, in this last section, each % is hard to achieve :)

We really don't care about numbers, because you can't do much with them, the real material is important, but since all development goes internally, closed to public, without any public betas to test, probably these numbers mean a lot more to You, fans, than to us.

Finally a note - without any anger on our side - to some stalker-portal.ru and lost-alpha.com forumers - in regard to the exception - , we don't ask you anything in charge, no need to help us, no need to wait for us, but in change, please behave a bit more cultivated, and stop being pretentious, because that won't help in this case. Waiting will bring it's 'fruits'... or how to say it :D

:drinkers:
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby kokbael » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:37 pm

That's a great news! 10 percent to go!
kokbael

Postby LoboTheMan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Sounds good :D

Sounds like you are essentially making the 5th STALKER game here.

GSC made 3: Shadow Of Chernobyl, Clear Sky and Call Of Pripyat.

You have created/will make 2: Priboi Story, and Lost Alpha (when released :) )

So thank you all in advance, and I think I will enjoy taking LA for a spin when you are done :)
Also Known As: 100RadsBar (GSC Forums)
LoboTheMan

Postby Soap » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:44 pm

Ohhh... If we will count every mod "Priboy Story" and higher mod for stk as a new stk, then LA will be abot 15th Stalker xD
But LA is larger then any GSCs relased Stalker games (26 levels! :rolleyes: )

As i understood, you're working on story right now and don't spawning unconnected to story lairs/gulags... That's a bit bad, coz final balaning stage is very difficult => will take lot of time...

I've counted your "digits" and...
[relase_date.script]
if passed (about) 36 months and done 90% ; LA development started in summer 2008, dunno in start of it or in end of summer, so...
then 2.5%.progress per 1 month ; 90%/36...
and 100%-90%=10% to go/2.5%=4 months => relase.date=december 2011 then
Print :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Else omg, that script will cause crash :rolleyes:
End

P.S.: Just like those rolleyes :rolleyes:
Soap

Postby Kane4 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:50 pm

Doing sidequests, easter eggs and other bonuses can be just as or even more time consuming than the main story, if you want to make the game really exotic. I'd say those 10% could even drag out for half a year or more. Then add another month for beta testing... That's why I'm not jumping with joy just yet. :D
Kane4

Postby Soap » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Yep, those 90% are not 90% of full progress xD
Level design - done, 100%
OMG Those things are awesome (PCs, cars, interface etc.) - done, 100%
Story - 75%+
Filling all levels with not connected to main story NPCs and other things - o_O no info.

Last stage is making me so S.A.D. - need to listen it xD

Oh, and sidequests, one more stage of development. Time to listen SoC Radar level music - the most freaking atmospheric track full of sadness and unhappyness and a bit "light" at it's end(?)... KazakHD5770 will :drinkers: after reading this post.
Soap

Postby LoboTheMan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:57 am

Soap wrote:Ohhh... If we will count every mod "Priboy Story" and higher mod for stk as a new stk, then LA will be abot 15th Stalker xD
But LA is larger then any GSCs relased Stalker games (26 levels! :rolleyes: )

As i understood, you're working on story right now and don't spawning unconnected to story lairs/gulags... That's a bit bad, coz final balaning stage is very difficult => will take lot of time...

I've counted your "digits" and...
[relase_date.script]
if passed (about) 36 months and done 90% ; LA development started in summer 2008, dunno in start of it or in end of summer, so...
then 2.5%.progress per 1 month ; 90%/36...
and 100%-90%=10% to go/2.5%=4 months => relase.date=december 2011 then
Print :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Else omg, that script will cause crash :rolleyes:
End

P.S.: Just like those rolleyes :rolleyes:

Well what I essentially meant was that With Priboi Story, they created a new storyline for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Something other mods great or small have not done (as far as my knowledge goes) :), they added tons of stuff to the game, but it is "still" was the same storyline for you to follow.
Lost Alpha will probably from what I have read/seen, restore S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl to what GSC originally wanted (or at least close to what they intended), before THQ and Dean Sharpe got their claws into it :wink:

Call of Pripyat by the way, is in my opinion is very much influenced by Priboi Story. :)
Also Known As: 100RadsBar (GSC Forums)
LoboTheMan

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha