What do you expect from Stalker 2?

Bla-bla-bla-bla-lalal :)

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

What do you expect from Stalker 2?

Postby Soap » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:57 pm

All we know, Stalker 2 is currently developing by GSC. As those are talking, there will be one large level, that will be dynamically loaded in process of discovering, like in GTA games. In CoP were 3 large open levels, but those were deserty - few interesting places and nothing between those, low amount of details, etc. + S2 will be relased on consoles too, that is one more reason, to expect poor game world D: Kinda double hit to level detalisation. Maybe it will be better, then in SoC, but we have no proof - nobody seen any videos or screenshots of S2.
Wonder, if S2 will be better then SoC xD Main GSC guy told "graphics will be looking like in SoC in atmosphere, and on current development stage it's better then in SoC. And GSC want to get back "right" Stalker atmosphere + new thing about sound surrounding - every entity will have it's own sound, every object/car etc, but GSC told but did not showed it... I thing, that is goind be very interesting feature - kinda creating ambient music in real time... Want to see it in LA, even in 1935 build, when one of the best MooZe's track was playing, on one moment dogs' "woof!" fited perfectly to soundtrack and made me creepy...
OK, we were watching some videos about CoP before it was relased, and when we've tried it, we found some minuses, those were not represented in videos ofc. I am quite disapointed in CS and CoP. Yes, CoP is really interesting and i spent few weeks in 4-8 hours per day intence gameplay with it, but after it became boring even with large global mods. SoC still be interesting to me even without mods xD And i can say i've played soc MORE THEN ANY GAME ELSE!
I depend on DezOwave team and their Lost Alpha more, coz we may explore some media about it, but S2 still be "cat in bag" - old russian saying. (In 100-900 years in old Russia cats were so dangerous, and were friendly only with few humans, those meeted citten in first days after it born, with all other humans those cats were so agressive - hello, cutted cats in Stalker xD).
Of course i hope S2 will be better then SoC, but it can't be better then LA to me, coz S2 is game for "I want more action" people, LA is for real stalker fans, who want to get game, that those were waiting for 10 years. Likelihood that GSC changed their minds or will change before S2 relase is very low, i don't think we will get the game we want to play from GSC. Stalker is not about dynamically loading spaces or something like that. It's about things, those were forgotten by GSC in 2004-2005. Dunno what THQ are doing currently with GSC... One more thing to be worried about "cutting out" and final product quality.
I always hope LA will be better then S2 for even "I want more action" guys, coz then GSC will think "OMG! We are loosing auditory, we need use our old forgotten design documents!", but probability of that is very low. GSC will get their money, like in 2008 with Clear Sky, and will change game world in right direction a bit in next addon.
OK. I wrote too much, you may discuss some things in this topic. And i hope "LA overwaiters" - guys those losed their hope about LA and now hate it will not spam here and cry "GSC's S2 will be 100000 times better".
P.S.: Post by Soap_mc.Coffee and fanatical fan KazakHD5770.
P.P.S.: Kazak just spammed to me too much, and i decided to make new topic and put in message some things, he wanted to write + i've added some my own thoughts. Kazak just can't log in dezowave forum - that's is the reason...
======================================================================================================
OMG! Just take a look how at this giant post!
Soap

Re: What do you expect from Stalker 2?

Postby unclevinnie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 pm

"cat in bag" - old russian saying. (In 100-900 years in old Russia cats were so dangerous, and were friendly only with few humans, those meeted citten in first days after it born, with all other humans those cats were so agressive

A-aaahhhhh...
Where do you get such fantastic stories from???
This is the story of the same kind, like the story about bears drinking vodka and playing balalaika (((

There's also the equivalent sayings in German (Katze im Sack), and English (pig in a poke).
And, the origin is absolutely not connected to any angry cats in ancient Russia.
Otherwise - we should also believe in angry cats and pigs in ancient Germany and England.
unclevinnie

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:36 pm

Similar (same) saying in Serbian. Anyway, what do I expect from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? Hmm...

1) Lack of DRM. Even though I wouldn't care if it had DRM most of the time, it would still prevent me from playing it offline. Also, if the game servers are shut down after like 5 years, that means no more S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for us, or at least for those who wouldn't crack it.

2)A bigger variety of voice actors and character models. Is it just me or did the amount of models reduce between the games? In CoP I would meet 4-man squads of one guy and his clones, all with the same silly voice actor.

3)Improved voice acting. HEY BRO, HOWDY HO. ShoC-level voice acting was decent and I'd be quite content if they brought it back to that level.

4)Improved inventory. I can sprint carrying 50 kilos of crap, but 50kg and a feather on top brings me to a halt and forces me to stand in a spot 'til the feather is dropped

5)Different arsenal of weaponry. I'd definitely like to see more Soviet-bloc weaponry and less silly F2000 shite.

6)An actual use for pistols. Ho, yes. In all three games you can basically forget the pistols in mid-game and just lug around guns.

7)A bigger variety of deadlier anomalies.

8 ) A different use for artifacts, other than stat modifiers.

9)A different batch of mutants or at least re-working of pre-existing ones

10) No dumbing down of FUCKIN' ANYTHING in order to cater for console/different videogame franchise audiences

11)Turning up the difficulty even more.

12)Reworking hunger, need for sleep and possibly thirst.

13)No DLC unless it's an actual expansion pack - think CoD:UO for the original Call of Duty. AND DEFINITELY NO DAY ONE DLC LOCKED ON CD!

14)Reworked weapon mechanics. All for the purpose of realism.

15)Darker atmosphere - ShoC era, even darker.

16)More dynamic weather - pleasegscgiveussnow
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby vintar » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Wow, it sounds like you just read half of the features section in the lost alpha manual :D
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:17 am

vintar wrote:Wow, it sounds like you just read half of the features section in the lost alpha manual :D

Well, looks like I am going to enjoy Lost Alpha then.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby unclevinnie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:07 pm

The only thing I'm really expecting from Stalker 2 is a decent IDEA of the game.
CS was a whole faction war. CoP was based on the idea stolen from Priboy Story.
So - I'm expecting Stalker 2 to be based on a solid and decent idea, like it was in SoC.
unclevinnie

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:25 pm

unclevinnie wrote:The only thing I'm really expecting from Stalker 2 is a decent IDEA of the game.
CS was a whole faction war. CoP was based on the idea stolen from Priboy Story.
So - I'm expecting Stalker 2 to be based on a solid and decent idea, like it was in SoC.

Great. Here's an idea for you, GSC. Make S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 into a fancy puzzle-RPG 2d rail shooter!
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby unclevinnie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Sorry - not sure I understand what you mean.
unclevinnie

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:24 pm

unclevinnie wrote:Sorry - not sure I understand what you mean.

I was being sarcastic. In other words, I was being an asshat. Do forgive.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Stalker 2 canceled !!!

Postby HumanFoot » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:42 am

Hi guys , i fallow Lost Alpha developpement for a moment , i m one of fan of Stalker , but i'm surprised for don't see here this news ... but whatever i post it

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... ed-UPDATED

Bad news for me >< , good hunting stalker ...

(sorry for my english , french fan >< )
HumanFoot

Re: Stalker 2 canceled !!!

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:44 pm

HumanFoot wrote:Hi guys , i fallow Lost Alpha developpement for a moment , i m one of fan of Stalker , but i'm surprised for don't see here this news ... but whatever i post it

No worries, we're not grammar nazis here. Anyway, speculations about GSC are running wild, so...Official statements are coming on Monday. We don't know what's going on, but we're hoping for the best. Stay tuned. Follow the Official Stalker pages on Facebook and Twitter, if you can.

Oh and welcome to the forums!
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Stalker 2 canceled !!!

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:45 pm

HumanFoot wrote:Hi guys , i fallow Lost Alpha developpement for a moment , i m one of fan of Stalker , but i'm surprised for don't see here this news ... but whatever i post it

No worries, we're not grammar nazis here. Anyway, speculations about GSC are running wild, so...Official statements are coming on Monday. We don't know what's going on, but we're hoping for the best. Stay tuned. Follow the Official Stalker pages on Facebook and Twitter, if you can.

Oh and welcome to the forums!
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Return to Offtopic