CPU Athlon 64 3200+ (2 Ghz)
VIDEO: Inno GeForce FX 6600
Motherboard: no name from China :(
RAM: Kingston 1GB DDR 400
HDD: Western Digital 160 GB, SATA
Power Supply: 2x 600 Watts :D

Other stuff to make PC work:D

Magpie, two questions:
1) how do you , Nosferatu neighbor, make STALKER working on GF FX 6600?
3) why do you need such a powerfull power suply for this system? Overlocking?
2) what are your recommendations? psst, lets suggest Nemo to by ZX-Spectrum!
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby Nemo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:11 pm

Actually I'm currently running Stalker in Vista on Radeon 9600 so I don't see what was so hard in running Stalker on GF FX 6600 which has faster GPU and twice as much of GDDRAM... :P
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Nemo wrote:Actually I'm currently running Stalker in Vista on Radeon 9600 so I don't see what was so hard in running Stalker on GF FX 6600 which has faster GPU and twice as much of GDDRAM... :P

Half a year ago I run stalker on Radeon 1950XT or XXL or something like that ))) but...

OK! YES, I'm dummy in g-cards which are not GF 8800 GT!!! ))) You wanted it? You got it!!! ))))

By the way, I have nice suggestion for you: buy ZX-Spectrum! They say STALKER works nice on Sincler systems with BASIC or something like this! )))
gubr
I-project

Postby Nemo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:09 pm

Yeah, Gubr, I know you're clever and I'm not, but I'm not THIS dumb :P
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:21 am

2 magpie

we do not see you often around here! Why? As you are from developing team you should highlight yourself on the oficial forum! Do not be like GSC folks - they never contact common people. We need contact with developers of the things we play in!

We invite you for discussions about art, literature, booz, girls, Super-Panda's seriousity, Nemo's Polish laziness and Dezodor's beer alcoholism! )))
gubr
I-project

Postby super-panda » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:08 pm

Gubr, it's up to magpie to choose if he is willing to check the ugly forums, and make himself the pain of posting for us, stupid players, apart me.

For gsc game world, it's not that true. They are not more or less talking or reading you as much as the other enterprises, it's not just them. Even if some enterprises respond, as they must be seeking for money, only the popular suggestions might be keeped.

And, even if it's off-topic, stay on the hardaware settings, as I would dislike that the forum become garbage. Anyway, who told you I was going to annhilate your house if you don't obey? And that you will be even less smart, by being a zombie or a snork? I never sayed that. Plus, why do you say that nemo is lazy? It doesn't make sense. Dezodor is maybe an alcoholic, that would explain why he is always nice all the time.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:00 pm

super-panda wrote:Gubr, it's up to magpie to choose if he is willing to check the ugly forums, and make himself the pain of posting for us, stupid players, apart me.

For gsc game world, it's not that true. They are not more or less talking or reading you as much as the other enterprises, it's not just them. Even if some enterprises respond, as they must be seeking for money, only the popular suggestions might be keeped.

I love you, my dear French friend! ))) I'm a bit drunk, but that means that I'm just a bit more honest then other times! ))))

super-panda wrote:1) I was going to annhilate your house if you don't obey?
2) you will be even less smart, by being a zombie or a snork?
3) I never sayed that.

You see? I have witnesses! ))) You told all this stuff about me! Well maybe you didn't tell but you thought! )))

super-panda wrote:Plus, why do you say that nemo is lazy? It doesn't make sense. Dezodor is maybe an alcoholic, that would explain why he is always nice all the time.

Why do you think Nemo is not? ))) Probably we are all lazy! And if you would like to know: laziness move progress! )))

And I didn't tell that Dez just a common alcoholic! He is BEER alcoholic as me and lazy student Nemo and good part of population of Earth! ))))))
gubr
I-project

Postby Nemo » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:21 pm

Well, I'm lazy, and I had it written in my profile in 'occupation'... (Lazy idler/hobby gamer - since my favourite activity is doing absolutely nothing, with absolutely no one around :D ).
As for the hardware I was going to buy, there are some problems in matter of finding them... (They are listed in certain shops near me but wherever I go they say something like that: "wow, you want this radeon?! are you nuts? everybody is buying those nVidia junk now!" ;P or simply: "we don't have it- come back in two weeks...") so OMFG I going to kill somebody if I wait few more days :D
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:44 pm

Nemo wrote:Well, I'm lazy, and I had it written in my profile in 'occupation'... (Lazy idler/hobby gamer - since my favourite activity is doing absolutely nothing, with absolutely no one around :D ).
As for the hardware I was going to buy, there are some problems in matter of finding them... (They are listed in certain shops near me but wherever I go they say something like that: "wow, you want this radeon?! are you nuts? everybody is buying those nVidia junk now!" ;P or simply: "we don't have it- come back in two weeks...") so OMFG I going to kill somebody if I wait few more days :D

Look, we have those EAH3870 512 MB in three stores in Donetsk (my home city) and 15 stores in Kiev. Price is from 169 USD till 220 USD. If nothing will change in Krakow during next two weeks - send me a message and I think I will manage this delivery to you from Ukraine. No kidding - as I know what do you feel when you want something and can afford it but IT is not available at the moment in stores!

And I will be in Geneva next week - can ask guys there! )

I bought my g-card in e-shop in Kiev. Try this, I think e-shops developed much better in Poland then in Ukraine.
gubr
I-project

Postby Nemo » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:44 pm

No, Gubr, don't bother, man... I'll make it somehow ;) But still, big thanks for your will to help ^^
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby super-panda » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:41 pm

Listen nemo, I though you have understood some things from the zone, you can as well customise your own computer with racing wheels, or as well killing rich humans and steal their computers.

I suppose that the process of computer industry implementation in eastern europe is slow, as maybe administration of europe is so slow that you would die before seiing it at last, or the fact that no enterprise really see huge opportunities there. Or, I don't know.

Still, I found that quite strange that if you can buy computers, why isn't there enought shops with decent supllies? I don't know as hopefully, I don't live there.

Gubr, were you really serious about sending a computer by MAILING? Do you even know how high the prices are? Even more for something that big, and that need much attention! I don't know if there is another..ways.. to send them, but in france, it would need much money. Or , you might send in little parts.. but.. I found that strange.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Red Schuhart » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:00 pm

Why don't you check out eBay?

I've bought computer parts from the U.S. and, as long as they're packed properly, they come to no harm in the mail.

And there are so many outlets that the prices can be easily low enough to make up for shipping costs.

I've bought stuff on Amazon as well.

Doesn't matter where you live as most sellers will ship worldwide.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby gubr » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:27 pm

super-panda wrote:Or , you might send in little parts.. but.. I found that strange.

I offered to send not whole PC but g-card only! ) While it is in its original packing I think it could be delivered without problems. Somehow they manage to deliver PCs from Korea in one peace and hardware separately! )))
gubr
I-project

Postby Nemo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:34 pm

god, I've stired up the hive ;P
Panda, Poland is quite poor country, there aren't computer shops filled with high-end hardware to the ceilling at every corner because they would never sell this all off...

Gubr and Red, I don't want to order those part remotely because of few certian reasons... for instance: delivery costs, shitty mail services in Poland, and waiting time similar to this from nearby phisically present shops...
So, don't worry, I'll handle this old school way ;) I hope
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:59 pm

Any news concerning your new PC?

PS Are you in ICQ now?
gubr
I-project

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic