Lost Alpha - Q & A

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Lost Alpha - Q & A

Postby nalle » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:26 pm

basist wrote:But in any case, I support this question and hope for affirmative answer and would like to supplement it in terms of "will we have the possibility to have multiple endings?" :?:

I seriously hope the Dezowave team will refrain from answering questions that spoil the story line, especially the ending.
nalle

Postby basist » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:31 pm

I don't want to know the ending(s), just want to know if it will be one or more. Even less than that - I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL THE SURPRISE)))
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby Sn4rk » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:03 am

What about those unused eating and drinking animations from old builds ?
Sorry for my bad english
Sn4rk

Postby KazakHD5770 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:02 pm

1. In FAQ i saw info that you will make anom zones (like in CS and CoP), but random anoms will be, right?

2. In Priboy Story FAQ is saw...
We simply wanted to force the player to explore the levels more, because most of us just knows the shortest route on each level, which is not good

I'm sure same is for LA (and for SoC when you play it first time XD), but EXACTLY about short routes... maybe it's good to make some "random" anomalies on levels which will close (block) "routes" and will make player to find another way?(and went back with annoyed face XD) And those anoms (and not "those") will change their places from Blowout to Blowout, right?
(If you played cs_havana map in counter strike then you know what i'm talking about - randomly blocked doors on level, which are making players use different "routes" every round)

3. Is it possible to make cars "loose" wheels after hard collisions? (like car can loose door or bumper). I just saw in last Alpha Format car jumped high in sky on anomaly and landed without hard damage (loosed door and "health", but still "alive". It's better to make cars don't EXPLODE after some collisions, but make them don't work (like in GTA IV) - loose wheels, break engine, after damages to exact parts (hitboxes), and only in case of "hard shootout" or "Zharka anom visit" car should explode :) (you know, cars are not exploading in real life at all... even after shoot in gastank it don't explode or even ignite :rolleyes: )

4. Is it possible to add in military niva car anomaly detector, which will make "blip" sounds when anomaly is on way, somewhere in 50 meters, then players will be forced to steal military cars because there are long range anomaly detectors. But it's hard scripting to make automatically atacheble to actor detector when sit in car, and deploy detector when player go out from car (those are just technical details - any detector will work only when those are activated... If "car's anom detector" may be maked active even in players backpack, then it's enought to spawn/dispawn when player sit in/go out from military car. (unnecessary feauture, but maybe it's interesting and you made something like that already?).
Oh, if when player is inside car different HUD appears on screen, so it's going be not so difficult to add car's anom detector...
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby drwhoever » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:38 am

Since the military heli's are on patrol throughout the zone, will we see any random anomaly crashes. It would be an epic sight to see as long as it was a very rare occurrence.
Does that even work within the geometry of the game engine. Can a random anomaly be made to spawn within the helicopters flight plan?

More importantly, will this question be swallowed whole in the fierce jaws of the :shock: release :shock: announcement :?:
drwhoever

Postby basist » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah, would be a great thing to see random heli crashes! But not too frequent, otherwise a new phrase will appear for saying "raining cats and dogs" - "raining helis in the Zone"))
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby Killerangel » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:14 am

Im glad to see here discutions about L.A ,it will be much better if the ppl use more frequently the forum sections here ,and discus about the project . :D
Killerangel
dez0wave tester

Postby ENGOZ » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:27 pm

This may be a stupid question but I was just wondering if this game will use new character and weapon models (like in the LURK mod) and if not will we be able to use some of those LURK models. Sorry if this question is completely useless...
ENGOZ

Postby The Mureena » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:03 pm

How will the new artefacts be in LA? More precisely speaking, will we see any changes in their quantity due to the fact that you will use anom zones? I always had a problem with the vanilla version and other mods. In my opinion they had too many of 'em just laying around everywhere.
The Mureena

Postby basist » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:57 pm

The Mureena wrote:I always had a problem with the vanilla version and other mods. In my opinion they had too many of 'em just laying around everywhere.
totally agree. Except for the "be in Agroprom underground tunnel with Elektras at midnight" there were no good demonstration of how artifacts are generated.
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby KazakHD5770 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:04 pm

In one FAQ i saw promising info. In LA will be own artifact search system. It will be looking a bit like CS or CoP, but detector will just help to get into anomaly zone. Then artifact will appear :) But i did not get confirmation... So we may just think PROBABLY stuff like that will be in LA.

But I would not see ALL artefacts only in anom zones. Some cheap should be just on ground near to anomaly.
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby vintar » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:11 am

There will be anomalous zones and there wont be loads of artefacts lying around, thats all i can say at this stage.
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby KazakHD5770 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Hello again :) Good to hear about confirmations about anom zones. Also I'm sure anoms will be random on levels between those zones, so player will not be able to sprint like moron in Zone :)

I have qustion about treasures in LA: will treasures be in CoP style or in SoC style?
If SoC style, then stuff in those will be available only if player got onfo about that treasure, or stuff will be available without info?
Will stuff in treasures be random?

And will you make quick slots?

P.S.: I'm annoying like "get our of here, stalker" or "hello" :lol:
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby dez » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:50 am

Quick slots wont be in LA, we made that in 2009 but later dropped the idea. It doesnt fit, we don't want to fill the screen with tons of hud elements, even if its a survival game, you can save anytime, and re-try parts which were hard for your skills :) Or not to forget about the medkit use quickbutton which works fine since soc 1.0 :)

About stashes, we kept the old system, since soc engine has some problems with spawned items on the ground. Somtimes they disappear if you die on the map while the items were "online" (not just monsters and npcs can go on- and offline, but even items and other elements), and its always easier to make a box, or any object which is good for stash, and give the contents with infoportions (when you search a dead body, or buy stash info from an npc). Also we spawned some random food and ammo on shelves in old buildings, but we are not sure if they will be there all the time :) depends on xray engine :axe:
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby KazakHD5770 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks for answers, Dez! :)
It's more important to me since i started "flashback" project. Some new people appeared on lost-alpha.com and they try to compare CoP to LA. As they think CoP was best Stalker and LA have to have all the best things from CoP. That's why those asking about treasures, quick slots and other stuff. One guy asked about equal weapon slots like in CoP, but seems like i just have to show him screenshot with LA's inventory and ask him "do you see big guns can fit to both weapon slots?" :lol:

I want to keep conversation about treasures. In SoC only one thing in treasures is stupid - stuff appears in stash only if you've info about stash. Maybe CoP's treasure system is good exactly in "take stuff from treasure any time you want", but not in "wow, those things lie on ground" :D

Is there possibility to tweak treasure_manager script to make stuff spawn in all treasures on first game load? Then player will be able to search stashes and steal stuff without info. It's more realistic, but balance should be tweaked (cheaper stuff should be in stashes).

Also i saw one tweak for treasure manager - info about treasure gives silently. Player searched corpse, but did not get info about treasure, but treasure was filled with stuff. Probably it may be compromise...
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha