Lost Alpha Encountered Bugs

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Lost Alpha Encountered Bugs

Postby exostalker » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Here's a thread by CruxMDQ with a bug list compiled into one page:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1762

check there before posting new bugs!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone experiencing problems:

dez wrote:Anyone who uses 32bit operating system should remove the msvcp120.dll, msvcp120d.dll and msvcr120.dll from the game's bins directory. That will solve many problems. Also before game start, you can delete the user.ltx too and let the game create a new one based on your system specs.

If you guys dont have admin priviliges on your pc or dont have UAC disabled, then do not install the game to the default program files directory (its protected by windows)!
Install it to an other drive, or an other dir, otherwise you wont be able to save, load, or make screenshots. We will try to find out something for this in the upcoming patch.

Also you should disable actor legs in options menu, as soon as you can, because it causes 3 troubles: 1 missing step sounds, 2 crash with missing bone, 3 crash when fighting rats.Thanks for your understanding and support!

we should cap this msg :D

IMPORTANT!

A fix to crash when opening borovs safe in Dark Valley is in page 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I thought I would better create a thread right here, instead of posting in moddb comments.

Here are the few that I've got:

1. Options on DX9. For example, I disable bloom and it's still on, change the grass density but it doesn't change. Also, actor legs and actor shadow option seems opposite, when you have legs on it's actually shadow on, and when you have shadow on it's actually legs on.

2. CTD (engine crash) when checking contact list after the mission to clear the bandits in the factory. All the bandits were dead, 3 loners remained, but it CTD'd after checking contact list with no stack trace and it said engine crash in bug trap. After reloading, it didn't appear anymore.

3. Ugly transition between asphalt and grass in cordon. Can something be done about it, it really bugs me:
http://i.imgur.com/4RzLCkM.jpg

Also, AI seems pretty dumb, even worse than in SOC. Hopefully something can be done about that as well.
That's it for now, gonna keep on playing and reporting.
Last edited by exostalker on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
exostalker

Re: Lost Alpha Encountered Bugs

Postby exostalker » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:17 pm

Oh, almost forgot!

4. I saved the fox, now he became the mechanic. When I click on any of the items to repair/upgrade, it only chooses the shotgun, wherever I press, I can't choose any other items.

http://i.imgur.com/IENYXAc.jpg

Don't know if that's 4:3 resolution bug or actual bug in game.
exostalker

Postby MaD » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Here is the crash log!
http://i.imgur.com/KTjRbpQ.png

I really don't know from where is it!It happens in Cordon,unde the bridge!
MaD

Postby exostalker » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Didn't encounter that, at least yet...

Anyways, here's more:

5. http://i.imgur.com/HR5HKBi.jpg
In this spot where my player is, there is some kind of invisible barrier, you can go through it but it kind of blocks you, you can kind of climb it as well, it isn't small, seems to affect the area of at least 10 meters around it. Feels almost like an invisible pile of random metal trash scattered around.

6. http://i.imgur.com/cuFPzym.jpg
Some ugly transitions in garbage as well, I have a feeling this persists, well I don't mind some of them, which are harder to notice, but there are a few that bug me.

7. You can go through some trees in cordon. Don't know about other levels, but there are a few huge trees near sid's bunker that you can just go right through.

I did get surprised by AI at one moment, when soldier came behind me and only shot me when I turned around... Although lots of moments where they don't even notice that you are shooting them, that they are getting hurt, or just walking around like nothing is happening when you are near them.

EDIT:

8. Lots of trees that you can go right through in the agroprom as well, especially around this area:

http://i.imgur.com/lNnP1PC.jpg

(where the player is)

Expression : fatal error
Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
File : script_engine.cpp
Line : 75
Description : <no expression>
Arguments : LUA error: .... - lost alpha\gamedata\scripts\ui_repair_wnd.script:583: attempt to concatenate local 'short_name' (a nil value)

trying to repair/upgrade with Petrenko
exostalker

Postby CruxMDQ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:46 pm

I thought I should as well add my findings here instead of crowding the forum with another thread. Here's my two cents... after crying out tears of joy and beholding in stunned silence the BEAUTY of the world, I came upon the following:

- In case someone missed it, I confirm that changing ANY of the default key bindings results on all attempts at loading a game to crash.
- Clicking on the 'Options LA' button that is available on the main menu does nothing.
- I cannot reload weapons, even if I have ammo available for them. I can unload them alright, though. :P
- I can't hear my footsteps.

EDIT: Disregard the 'cannot reload' thing. Just found out you must attach ammunition to your belt if you plan on using it. (Silly me.)

EDIT 2:
- The sky texture flickers. I glimpse it occasionally, but most of the time I see a white glow. During daytime, at least.
- Opening the contact list causes a crash.
Got bugs? Read this before posting a report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1771

ANY bug reporting threads that fail to fulfill these conditions WILL BE CLOSED.
CruxMDQ

Location: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America, Earth, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Multiverse

Postby mtimyself » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:09 pm

CruxMDQ wrote:- In case someone missed it, I confirm that changing ANY of the default key bindings results on all attempts at loading a game to crash.

How do you mean that? I have changed quite a few buttons but I can still load into my savegame alright. Only when I quickload does it crash (pretty much without fail). Is that really because of button binds?
mtimyself

Postby dez » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Anyone who uses 32bit operating system should remove the msvcp120.dll, msvcp120d.dll and msvcr120.dll from the game's bins directory. That will solve many problems. Also before game start, you can delete the user.ltx too and let the game create a new one based on your system specs.

If you guys dont have admin priviliges on your pc or dont have UAC disabled, then do not install the game to the default program files directory (its protected by windows)!
Install it to an other drive, or an other dir, otherwise you wont be able to save, load, or make screenshots. We will try to find out something for this in the upcoming patch.

Also you should disable actor legs in options menu, as soon as you can, because it causes 3 troubles: 1 missing step sounds, 2 crash with missing bone, 3 crash when fighting rats.Thanks for your understanding and support!

dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby exostalker » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Ah, I see, I disabled them from the start, that's why I didn't encounter some of those other bugs.

Continued:

10. FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 75
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ....k.e.r. - lost alpha\gamedata\scripts\ui_safe.script:108: attempt to call global 'get_netpk' (a nil value)

Borov's safe in bandit base in dark valley, trying to open up the safe, this is what I get when I put the correct combination

11. Graphics glitches:

http://i.imgur.com/qWDd8qI.jpg

Don't know if those are even possible to fix (might take quite some time?), but there are quite a few of them, for example, in garbage, some thin red line seems to appear from the direction the sun is coming from. Almost looks like a broken part of godrays, maybe it's because I have them disabled? Nothing too serious though, I can live with all that.

12. Entered arena on my first bar visit, announcer sad that I will have to fight two dogs, but none spawned. It was empty, with just some stalkers cheering on me.

And yes, just like CruxMDQ said, opening contact list sometimes crashes the game, with engine crash, although after reloading savegame sometimes it doesn't anymore.
exostalker

Postby exostalker » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:58 pm

IMPORTANT!

Here's a fix to CTD when opening dark valley's borovs safe:

https://mega.co.nz/#!BhJCUQYB!h-Z-P68Q8 ... MfVfc9zcjI

Replace this ui_safe.script file to the one in your gamedata folder.
exostalker

Postby CruxMDQ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:58 pm

dez wrote:Also you should disable actor legs in options menu, as soon as you can, because it causes 3 troubles: 1 missing step sounds, 2 crash with missing bone, 3 crash when fighting rats.Thanks for your understanding and support!

Dez? I guess you've had a lot of this today, but nevertheless: amazing piece of work. Can't wait to see what awaits deeper in the Zone :)

Where do I get to disable the actor legs? The 'Options LA' button does nothing when I click it.
Got bugs? Read this before posting a report: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1771

ANY bug reporting threads that fail to fulfill these conditions WILL BE CLOSED.
CruxMDQ

Location: Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina, South America, Earth, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Multiverse

Postby vintar » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 pm

Thanks guys, keep them coming, we are almost fixing them as fast as you are reporting :)
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby alek87 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Good day.

Am not sure whether it is a bug, but anyway.

If you select Full dynamic lighting DX 10, you cannot adjust gamma and brightness in the game. The gamma and contrast bars in settings are still active, but they do not make any effect on the actual picture. Is there some workaround to adjust gamma on DX10? The picture is a bit dark on my monitor.

Thank you in advance.
Alek
alek87

Postby vintar » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:24 pm

I use these, you can change them in your user file and see how they look :

r2_sun_lumscale_amb 0.7
r2_sun_lumscale_hemi 1.

anmbient is for inside and hemi outside, may be too bright for some but I don't like dark corners :D
a bit of this and a lot of that
vintar
dez0wave developer

Postby Dude017 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:28 pm

Dez, disabling actor legs in options menu doesn't help with missing bone crash. It still crashing.
And another bug - I can't turn off motion blur on DirectX 9. It always on.
Dude017

Postby NITRAsvk » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:29 pm

can u modify weapons? cos i cant...only renew them (i must all drop down and let there only one)...i cant set any of weapons or thing...only first in list in left window works only for renew to 100%...modification is unavailable... so left window i cant select various files...and middle i cant do anything...

win7 64bit ati 7950 8gb ram amd 8 core 8320....
NITRAsvk

Next

Return to Lost Alpha