Hardware

Bla-bla-bla-bla-lalal :)

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Postby Nemo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:04 pm

Gubr:

&^%$%*%^! One more week, I hope... :S. And I'm not on ICQ... I'm going to sleep on my keyboard in matter of minutes...
Last edited by Nemo on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby super-panda » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:47 pm

corrected.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:59 pm

So! It turns out that in Poland there are no hardware! ))) Any news about your PC?

Sorry to bother you, but I'm interested indeed about your nervous system and hardly waiting when I'll see you happy and waiting for your article about increase of FPS in stalker and everything!
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby super-panda » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:16 pm

Yes, I would like to know also if you found enought money too, because it cost much, and I don't know if it's cheaper or cost more in poland. But it's a pain.

Anyway, don't go mad if you don't find it, and kill everyone in sight after having plundered every personal computer shop.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:46 am

OK, I'm going to take my savings from cash machine and then to the PC shop and I think I'll get my new PC set up and running by evening...
BTW: what do you think about such cooling:Puget systems submerged PC ?? :D
"Basicly, kind of a big deal(...)Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, I hurt people(...) If you were from where I was from, you would be fu**ing DEAD, WOO-O!"
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:58 pm

Nemo wrote:BTW: what do you think about such cooling:Puget systems submerged PC ?? :D

It's cool, dude! ))) It is nice, actually, but not for me. Somehow it turns out that I need to get inside of my PC once a month: to clean, to check, to plugin somebody's HDD, to try different RAM sticks$ more over I do not want to clean that oil away when I will upgrade smth in my PC... So for me there are a lot of excuses, but the real ones are: 1) I'm afraid I can damage smth while doing this and 2) I'm too lazy to do it and 3) my PC stays under the table - so no point in this...

But looks awesome!
gubr
I-project

Postby Nemo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:27 pm

Well, I'm back home... :S and my CPU and MoBo are arriving tommorow! :[ I'd like to kill somebody... but they will be and then I'll finish this upgrading...
About this oil cooling- I'm thinking about this but currently I'm a bit broke to do this... since mineral oil and proper aquarium are not exactly cheap, and also it works ok, only if it is cooled so small pump and liquids radiator is needed (maybe I'll use some car radiator, that would look l33t :P). As for the look of aquarium itself, well my PC stand under the desk too, so nothing from the stunning view would be achieved.
As for the constant changes in hardware, I think that getting sata cables out of the oil should do the trick since I wouldn't drown my HDD in this- too risky.
But the rest of the desktop PC can be drowned in mineral oil, it can harm only the stickers (guarantee, producer etc.) since this one from the site is working for one year like this...
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby Nemo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:33 pm

They're here, they're here!!

I'm getting to assemble my new PC intrals right away!
BTW, specs have changed a bit, so it is now:

MoBo: Asus P5K Pro (with crossfire and other nice things :) )
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (2 x 3 Ghz)
GPU: Radeon HD4870 (512MB GDDR5/256 Bit, crossfire)
PSU: OCZ Stealth X Stream 600W
RAM: OCZ 2x1GB 800 MHz Titanium (CL4)
HDD: 250 + 160 GB (SATA RAID-0)

And I'll run it on my good old Compaq 22" CRT :D

Now, I'll have to vanquish, because changing all of those will prabobly require Vista reintallation, so see you tommorow.
Last edited by Nemo on Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Postby gubr » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:40 pm

Nemo wrote:They're here, they're here!!

I'm getting to assemble my new PC intrals right away!
BTW, specs have changed a bit, no it is:

MoBo: Asus P5K Pro (with crossfire and other nice things :) )
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (2 x 3 Ghz)
GPU: Radeon HD4870 (512MB GDDR5/256 Bit, crossfire)
PSU: OCZ Stealth X Stream 600W
RAM: OCZ 2x1GB 800 MHz Titanium (CL4)
HDD: 250 + 160 GB (SATA RAID-0)

And I'll run it on my good old Compaq 22" CRT :D

Now, I'll have to vanquish, because changing all of those will prabobly require Vista reintallation, so see you tomorrow.

I do not quite remember which is it - but it is whether envy or
jealousy! White and puffy feeling! )))) I'm not congratulating you until you get back here and report about ... everything! )))))
gubr
I-project

Postby Pixelponny » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:59 am

Congratulations Nemo, you have bought many good components. I am also planning to upgrade my PC. At the end of this month I hope. Just for Clear Sky. I think I'll buy a Radeon HD 4850.
Pixelponny

Postby Nemo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:59 pm

Oh, man, I'm finally back with my PC up and running...

First good advice: always put your Core 2 CPU in the socket and place a cooler on it BEFORE you install the motherboard inside of the chassis :P

Second good advice: if you're willing to make some crossfire in future with GPU like mine, you'll need more than a "600W PSU with support of two PCI-E", since those cards require two PCI-E connectors for each(!).

Third good advice: you can consider making an air tunnel from your GPU exhaust to your coffe machine (to keep the coffe hot :P).

Oh, and also never think that "two 120mm chassis fans should do" :P

I didn't have time to really test my system capabillities yet, but I think tommorow, or day after tommorow, I'll be able to put up some FPS rates from Crysis and such things ;).

EDIT:

I’ve just recalled that someone (probably super-panda) asked here before for the prices of things I’ve recently bought for my PC…
So:

ASUS P5K Pro MoBo: 289 PLN = 88,45 EUR

INTEL Core 2 Duo E4800 2x3GHz CPU: 430 PLN = 131,60 EUR

OCZ 2x1GB 800 MHz TITANIUM EPP CL4 DDR2 RAM: 129 PLN = 39,48 EUR

PowerColor Radeon HD4870 512/256 DDR5 VGA: 729 PLN = 223,12 EUR

xThermal BTF 120mm 9db FAN: 35 PLN = 10,71 EUR

OCZ Stealth X Stream 600W PSU: 189 PLN = 57,84 EUR

So in summary it was 1801 PLN = 551, 21 EUR

(Have in mind that average polish employee have to work whole month 8 hours a day, 6 days a week to earn about 2000 PLN which is about 612,12 EUR) So it was a hell of quite expensive shit for me…
Last edited by Nemo on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Moderator & I-project

Oooh

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:13 am

Hmm,a Hardware topic?Let's see
http://www.chieftec.com/dg-01bd-u.html
Oh,and inside?
GeForce 8600 GT 512 mb
Core2Duo 2.6x2.6 GHz
2 GB RAM
And loads more
You do the math-I can barely fit this thing under the table