Petrol stations

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Petrol stations

Postby alovard » Sun May 11, 2014 1:31 am

I know this may be asking a bit much, but I'll had a bit of an idea: is it possible well could get a dedicated Vehicle and Petrol merchant(s)? Or maybe increase the current merchant gas can rate just a tad. I do understand it is an abandoned area and all but just a tad more petrol can't hurt, can it?

I petrol stations do exist already, I may not have gotten far enough yet and sorry for being redundant.
alovard

Re: Petrol stations

Postby insanity001 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:59 am

Petrol Cans should really just be a permanent item on every merchant list.

It really doesn't make much sense to have functioning petrol stations unless some faction is facilitating their maintenance and use. Gasoline both degrades and evaporates over time, something a lot of post-apocalyptic styled fiction tends to ignore. It would make sense too if their is an economy of importing vehicles into the zone, would be natural for the traders to sell imported gasoline as well. I would think it would be easier just to add another item to a merchant list too rather then have some random pickup "storage cashe" that would need to be tested in every level that had a gas station.
insanity001

Postby bulletbelch » Mon May 12, 2014 3:56 pm

How about getting rid of the gas altogether. Vehicles in other games never need gas.
bulletbelch
Adventurer

Postby alovard » Mon May 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Personally I enjoy the gas scavenging. I found a few good artifacts in rhe Darkscape in a box by accident thinking it was a gas can and also a few stashes

I would just like petrol to be a bit more prevalent
alovard

Postby denixprince » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:27 pm

If only someone was able to find a solution to completely disable gas consumption or make it less rapid... :?
denixprince

Postby dez » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:05 am

since the 2nd patch, or maybe the 3rd? all traders sell gas, and we hid many more on the maps, make sure you check the houses, old attic or basement or similar places can contain some gas as well.

if you want to change the fuel consumption, edit the gamedata\config\misc\items\vehicles.ltx, see the fuel_consumption line which is something like 0.0001 now, make it even smaller or zero it.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Return to Lost Alpha