I finished the story, and have few questions.

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

I finished the story, and have few questions.

Postby calvooo » Sun May 18, 2014 4:08 pm

The game is awesome, just waiting for a new patch, because of mods i wanna try.
Now i have some questions..

1. What will be with the new bar in outskirt? The situation, behaviour and number of stalkers are the same from the firts day beeing there..
2. Rostok bar - why are 4 duty guys still there, doing nothing? Have devs any plans for bar?
3. It will be great to see more stalkers walking around and exploring.. any news?
4. I wish traders have more various weapons and stuff (until mystery about special trader not resolved)
Lets go hunt!
calvooo

Re: I finished the story, and have few questions.

Postby VGStalker » Sun May 18, 2014 7:20 pm

calvooo wrote:The game is awesome, just waiting for a new patch, because of mods i wanna try.

1. What will be with the new bar in outskirt? The situation, behaviour and number of stalkers are the same from the firts day beeing there..
2. Rostok bar - why are 4 duty guys still there, doing nothing? Have devs any plans for bar?
3. It will be great to see more stalkers walking around and exploring.. any news?
4. I wish traders have more various weapons and stuff (until mystery about special trader not resolved)

1. I don't really know.
2. They are probably just chilling. ;)
3. Nope. No news.
4. Yeah, they should have a much larger stock.
VGStalker

Postby ion » Mon May 19, 2014 10:04 pm

calvooo wrote:The game is awesome, just waiting for a new patch, because of mods i wanna try.

1) Yea, the A-life is a little dull in chernobyl right now. I hope it gets fixed.
2) I think the 4 remaining duty members are bugged. They should be in chernobyl with barkeep. Reason I say this is because veronin gives "better deals" with his repair guy. This guy is petrinko whom is at the bar. I can't talk to petrinko right now due to a "severe" bug. The game brute crashes when talking to petrinko.
3) Not that I know of. If I'm correct, the A-life should automatically roam around. The game might be bugged and is preventing npc movement.
4) This can be fixed with a simple mod. I've been messing around with the trader scripts as it is. I can easily make it so more guns are put up for sale. This may make the game "too easy". I hate to write this spoiler but look around in "dead city" for the "legendary traders". These traders offer much better items but are hard to find at first.

EDIT: More info about #2. Within LA's code, it appears that there should be a "new bar" with petrenko. His normal "ID" before the merc attack is called "bar_petrenko" & after the attack his "ID" is changed to "bar_new_petrenko". I believe with the ID change, he should become the new owner and give new jobs. I believe what actually broke the "new bar" is that the "tasks script" for rostok_bar is "empty" after the heli attack. There is nothing to nullify petrenko's actions and it threw them into a loop of sorts. Not sure if you understand this or not. I wonder if I can try to fix this by adding a null job for them.
I'm also on the GSC Forums! "IonizedReactor".

My Lost Alpha Mods:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1857
ion

Postby calvooo » Tue May 20, 2014 8:28 am

Thanks. That will be great, cant wait for new patch.
I read somewhere that secret trader is in the game already and will work in new patch. Did you find them, yes or no? :)
Lets go hunt!
calvooo

Postby ion » Tue May 20, 2014 2:16 pm

calvooo wrote:Thanks. That will be great, cant wait for new patch.
I read somewhere that secret trader is in the game already and will work in new patch. Did you find them, yes or no? :)

Nope, I just entered the sewers. With the new patch coming soon, I'm not going to bother trying to get to pripyat.
I'm also on the GSC Forums! "IonizedReactor".

My Lost Alpha Mods:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1857
ion

Return to Lost Alpha