Is that it?

General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Is that it?

Postby Monkey670 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:53 pm

So when you complete the game you can no longer play? WHAT! i find this rather annoying as there were so many many more side missions and so many places i was yet to go, so im a bit disappointed at this ending :L
Monkey670

Re: Is that it?

Postby Fry » Tue May 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Uh no... after the game ended I was back in the room you start in and can continue, although I don't really see the point for me since I completed everything I could find already.
Fry
Adventurer

Postby Fry » Tue May 20, 2014 6:40 pm

Did you get an original SOC ending at the monolith? I somehow completely missed the monolith in my playthrough, somebody moved it from where I was expecting it :wink:
Fry
Adventurer

Postby prava » Wed May 21, 2014 1:12 am

Fry wrote:Did you get an original SOC ending at the monolith? I somehow completely missed the monolith in my playthrough, somebody moved it from where I was expecting it :wink:

Did you? Well, to be honest... its not that easy to find. You really need to WANT TO find it. And even then, you will run through the damn NPP several times :)
prava

Postby Monkey670 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:45 am

see i got the monolith ending, and i cant find the generators anywhere, i dont want money i want power!!! haha xD, if anyone could help me?
Monkey670

Postby bulletbelch » Sat May 24, 2014 3:36 am

The first time I played, I went to the Monolith. The second time I played I installed the battery and then left the facility, getting a fail on the monolith. Then I went through the back gate to the generators and went through an alternate ending where everything is sweet and wonderful. Then I woke up back at Sid's place to start all over again?

Here's the first problem with the ending. If all is well in the zone after the Generator episode; why foes the game revert the Zone back to the old ways. I leave Generators petting a dog and end up in the Cordone being chased by dogs.

The generators part is hard because of system crashes. What I did was to alter the "renderer renderer_R2a" line in user.ltx to "renderer_renderer_1" and drop quality to 800x600 until I had to reset it back to the higher setting in order to use the computer. I switched back and forth between settings in both the NPP and Generator episodes. I also saved over and over and allowed each save time to save. I still experienced many crashes where I had to restart; but at least I could restart to where I had made progress.

I do not understand about the "Freeplay" mode of the game. How does one play in freeplay mode after finishing the game? I suspect there are many missions to be played such as the mission from Freedom's Lusach to get a machine. Then there are those circle jerk guys whoever they are. I wish there was a list of missions or a flow chart showing how the missions should progress. I also wish they would make travel to every location available all the time.

I love the game; but a little insight from the makers would be very helpful.

Bullet Belcher
bulletbelch
Adventurer

Return to Lost Alpha