lost alpha install

Requests and Suggestions

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

lost alpha install

Postby russellie » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Hi all
Hope I can get some help as none of the other sites seem interested in helping me. have downloaded lost alpha twice.
The reason it was twice is that I could not figure out how to unzip it. and I think that was the problem , I had winzip and it loaded all the files into the program files, now I am 74 and have played all the stalker series except lost alpha which I could play but with no mod's, and it was the mods that particualy interested me. as I said at my age it is a challenge.

all I need to know is simple unpack and how to move the files to enable me to mod.
If anyone is up to the challenge I would be eternaly grateful as I could free roam to the end of my days,
Regards
Russell
I have the db unpacker and I can delete winzip if need be, as I have never used it anyway
russellie

Re: lost alpha install

Postby russellie » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:53 am

O.K
So no help then !!!!! I assume all those that play lost alpha had an exceptional talent for & understanding of computer programing etc & never had to learn.

I never cease to be amazed at these sites that run Forums but never cater for those trying to understand how to interprit your replies ( when you get one)

don't mean to sound offensive but it gripes me to think that it is assumed we all understand your language ( Computer that is )

When as stated winzip automaticalt unzips the programe into programe files , we are then told that certain files should be move. HOW and wher to in basic language
Regards
Russ
Still hopeful
russellie

Postby russellie » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:08 am

O.K
From browsing another readers message I se that some info is in adobe reader. dont remember seing that . s0 will download the whole set agin.

Will delete winzip from system

willdownload
Data unpacker
patch 3.ooo1
and the 4 Stalker files

Is that right ?

use data unpacker to open the first file and run set up exe ?

Then what is next

sorry to be a pain but would like to get free play/ roam for the remainder of my time.
74 & 2 heart attacks if you get my drift

Regards
Russ
russellie

Postby dez » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Installing a pc game does not require programming skills, the only difference with LA is it wasnt commercially distributed, so we had to pack the game to small file in order to spare with the download time (its "hard" to share 16+ gb data, when it can be packed to 5gb).

After you grabbed the 4 parts from moddb or any site which hosts it, you should unpack and wait until its fully unpacked. If its done without errors, you should download the 1.3003 (latest) patch from moddb as well. That is the latest patch, and it contains all previous ones, so no need to download all, just the latest.

Then install LA, it will take maybe 10 minutes or more, but wait until it says its finished, many people quit the setup too early, it causes trouble later. Also it will install the latest directx, xvid and visual c redistributable packs. When youre ready with installing LA, run the 1.3003 patch installer, and follow the instructions (it will automatically locate the game, so you do not need to find it), when its done, icon is created on the desktop, and you can play the game :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Return to Requests