Opinion on the game after having played it

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Postby dez » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:01 pm

tomorrow we will have new patch, so maybe it will be somewhat playable :)

im waiting for reports, then if it seems to be ok, then i will start to play it. this couldnt happen in shoc, but that had less bugs also. i never had such a ctd in vanilla game, until clear sky.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby jwknaggs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:13 pm

hey dez, started play agian in dx9 with the patch from eyeoftheraven but dosn't seem to be much differant :cry:
not happy
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Nope,not a single CTD and I just passed it for the second time using 1.504 patch or howewer else it's called.Also,I'm not using the commmunity fix.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Nite » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:49 pm

dezodor wrote:tomorrow we will have new patch, so maybe it will be somewhat playable :)

im waiting for reports, then if it seems to be ok, then i will start to play it. this couldnt happen in shoc, but that had less bugs also. i never had such a ctd in vanilla game, until clear sky.

ahh shit new patch tomorrow? I'm already up to Red Forest on my current game save :/ with a fully upgraded suit and weapons, it takes forever to get the money in game to do upgrades too. Don't wanna lose all that progress...

Oh well I hope this patch fixes the faction wars, more interested in doing those my next time through
System Specs: Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2GB DDR, Nvidia 320MB 8800 GTS
Nite

Postby dez » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:42 pm

its possible to finish it with 1.5.04 too, then you will see if it worth to start it again with 1.5.05 or not :)
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby Red Schuhart » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:04 pm

Just finished CS for the first time.

The final part is total chaos and not survivable without some sort of 'god' mode. And I was playing on the easiest setting.

My final judgement of CS as it stands - I want my money back.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:09 pm

jwknaggs wrote:theres more dissapointment to come yet red believe me :cry:

concidering theve been in limansk from the game start you would have thought they'd have set up a safe house for trade and repair knowing the chaos from the bridge to end game. shelving mine in hope for a mod. :cry:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby gubr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:20 am

I finished the game on 1.5.04 - it is nice, but i really disappointed with the ending... CRAP!!! Too linear! Limansk is awesome, but I could not enjoy it as I was running like hell ... Off course I went for a walk back and forth there, but it was not the same as nonlinrear game.

The helicopter - crap! I finished it with AK-74 without scope and not upgraded and it even never shoot back at me and never moved (I was hiding of course, but it is not an excuse to frizz).

The hospital - so beautifull and so ... bloody linear!!! >_<

Anyhow I want to walk the game through once again, but not today. Next i have Priboi Story and FlatOut 2.

PS And do not run after Strelok. The gauss gun reach him even through boxes, borders, and everything else! I finished him not making a pace from the point I started.
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby Red Schuhart » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:29 pm

The Gauss gun is definitely the most overrated and useless weapon in both SoC and CS.

In the CS endgame I was crouching behind a box in cover. When I stood up an Exo-Monolithian, who had been crouching on the other side of the same box, stood up, too. I let him have a gauss round right in the teeth from less than a metre away and he just shook his head and continued firing at me.

That shot should have blown his head completely off and sent it flying back at such a speed that it would have killed another two or three of them if they were in the way.

Also, if I am a Merc, trained and expert with all weapons, how is it that a novice Bandit or Renegade can reload a shotgun, pistol or the MP5 about twice as fast as I can?

Another thing: step off a walkway into the water and then try to jump back up. It doesn't work. In real life I would put down a hand on the walkway and just step up. In this abortion of a game you have to wade back to dry land, getting your nuts cooked by irradiated water all the way.

And NPCs constantly get in the way and push you around. I've had them push me off walkways in the swamps. I had them sit down in a group at a doorway so that you can't get by - and that during a blowout warning, so they kept me from heading to the shelter.

SoC is an excellent game. But it would seem that GSC's earnings from it went straight to their heads and turned them into fast-buck merchants and con artists. CS is a hundred pairs of ancient testicles - a load of old bollocks.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:11 pm

yes youv'e hit the nail right on the head there red a" load of old nuts" :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby gubr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:41 pm

Red Schuhart wrote:And NPCs constantly get in the way and push you around. I've had them push me off walkways in the swamps. I had them sit down in a group at a doorway so that you can't get by - and that during a blowout warning, so they kept me from heading to the shelter.

I agree that it is stupid. In thread "Developers answer questions" on official site the developers replied that "...aura of NPCs will never be reduced, so they always will be stronger then you. It is so because there are waypoints for NPCs and if they will miss those waypoints (pushed by you) the game will crash." However the developers could make "no parking" points where NPCs could not stop - door frame for example.

But with other your complains I do not agree, Red. It is a game, and there can be some thing not matching real life. I walked through the game on "master" and I finished the game fully upgraded two BULAT vests, Vintores, BCC, SIG, a lot off ammo and 200 k of money. And I wish there was headshot in the game, but it makes the game more challenging with such strong foes, and so good grenade-launchers, and those sniper shotguns or theirs. :)
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby magpie » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:40 am

Guys check this out! Remember that on RedForest level you had to stop Strelok from running! I must tell you that I have shot him with the obokan (ac96) and killed him... Nothing wrong until now :( But when I approached him he stood up in his feet and ran away like a rocket. I have reloaded the level and this time I shot him with the dragunov: I blew his brains off :D; when I approached him the same thing: ran away!!! Jesus Christ!
dez0wave developer
magpie
dez0wave developer

PreviousNext

Return to Clear Sky Discussion