Clear Sky: worth my dollar?

Discussion about GSC's new prequel of stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Clear Sky: worth my dollar?

Postby Greeny » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:12 am

ive heard good and bad. i loved SHOC (and am lookin forward to infested city). but how is CS? id trust u guys fer sure on whether or not to get CS
Got what they deserve....Stinking Anarchists..
America F*** YEAH [smilie=hellyeah.gif] [smilie=gunhappyyank.gif]
Greeny

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:27 am

Well,if you're a true S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan,get it but be sure to patch it up ASAP,cause it's more unstable than Chernobyl itself
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:34 pm

yes one big blowout but worth buying in case anyone can use part or most in a realy good mod :wink:
life is full of suprises......mother said i was one of them!
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Greeny » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:41 pm

wow afterburnzzPX, thats pretty freakin unstable! :shock:
ill probably get it eventually, moneys kinda tight right now and homework never gets any shorter. damn pre-calculus [smilie=headfuck.gif]
Greeny

Postby gubr » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 pm

In Europe and USA I think there is common software and cracked one.
In Ukraine we have common software and licensed software.

So far I have four licensed games.

First licensed game was "Pilot Brothers" - quest, made in Russia, on two CDs and was not working because second CD had the same content as first one while it shouldn't. Support offered me to send the disks to them and they will send me the right ones - the cost of the delivery was the same as cost of the game. I thought that one game from my neighbours for double price is too much and I threw the disks in trash bin.

Second licensed game was some RPG - made in Russia, was not working because of bugs in the game. No fixes for a long time. Trash bin.

Third licensed game was SHOC - made in Russia and Ukraine. Was pretty stable, very interesting, exciting indeed. I bought it after I played unlicensed copy downloaded from torrent. I bought the licensed game because it was in appropriate price range for me (15$) instead of ... i.e. Neverwinter nights (>30$). And I felt proud for Ukrainians and Russians - they are really able to make a masterpiece. I still excited with the game and mods of course.

Fourth licensed game was CS - made in Ukraine and Russia. I was sure about this game as the same people made it. I was sure they will use their experience from SHOC and the game will be awesome. Rather stable on my system (3 crashes in first three weeks of playing in evenings) - but I saw (and still I can see now) how many people were/are disappointed with crashes, bugs, unbalanced gameplay, stupid ending ... So many complains. I was really disappointed with the end of the game myself.

I think I am some kind of patriot and I do buy games made by EX-USSR people. And after I played SHOC - I can recommend you to buy it. Great game. As to the CS... With all my respect to GSC - I suggest you to download it from torrent and check if it will be stable on your PC, and if it doesn't crash, if you like first hour of the gameplay - buy it. But after you tested it only.

They increased the price relatively to SHOC, but the game only looks better and gameplay is ... it is not suxxx but ... it is ok! Not more.
samurai without a sword is alike to one with a sword but without a sword
gubr
I-project

Postby jwknaggs » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:04 pm

i constantly read and add coments to this forum,as do a lot of members and i have come to the conclusion that the majority of us thinks the game lacks and lacks alot.i'm also a member of another clear sky forum and get the same message there,you would think GSC would read these forums and listen to the people they have taken money from for a game that is clearly not finished. we live in hope :wink:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Nite » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:36 am

Clear Sky is indeed buggy and unstable, I was fighting with it all the way through the gameplay and luckily was able to finish it.

But as far as buying it, Don't! its not worth it.

Shadow of Chernobyl is unstable too at times yes but its not near as bad as Clear Sky, not even close.
System Specs: Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2GB DDR, Nvidia 320MB 8800 GTS
Nite

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:06 am

Oh come on!Yes,it is buggier than SHOC but it's an OK game if you're a die hard S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan :lol:
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby jwknaggs » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:43 pm

yes iam a die hard fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and i find i do die harder in this game :lol:
jwknaggs
Site Admin

Postby Red Schuhart » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:44 am

I wish I could get rich by only doing half a job, expecting the customer to do the other half.

"Here's your new Ferrari, Mr Smith. We built the body and put wheels on it. Now all you have to do is build and install the engine and gearbox and you can drive it home."

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Greeny » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:18 pm

thanks for the insight guys
Greeny

Return to Clear Sky Discussion