Help with zone behaviors

General discussion about Priboi Story

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Help with zone behaviors

Postby CleaverX » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:09 pm

First thing: thanks for a great mod. I have been playing it for a couple of days and it's a lot of fun. Having said that, I would like to modify some behaviors; I have done some minor mods to CS and SoC, so I don't need step by step instructions; I do need to be pointed to the proper files.
1) The controller in the Agroprom underground: I shot it in the face point blank with a Spas five times...is it immortal? I need to balance that
2) The bandits at the Garbage respawn waaay too fast; I spend all my time in firefights. I would like to throttle that back to the vanilla game values, including having more Loners at the Depot
3) Loot items from dead bodies: I found a "thousand" guitars, harmonicas and pda's, but only (not kidding) 5 antirads total; I would like to rebalance that too.
I have only been to Agroprom, so I have the bulk of the game still to play; it would be great if I could balance these behaviors so they make more sense.

Again thanks for a great mod, and I hope you can find time to help me out.
Best regards

CleaverX
CleaverX

Re: Help with zone behaviors

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:10 pm

1)The controllers aren't immortal, this is not Oblost, there are no "Boss" encounters or anything. Are you playing on Expert? Also, if you're using darts or slugs, ditch them. Seriously. They aren't worth a single thing. I remember shooting a flesh with slugs. Took me more than 8 shots, 3 of 'em went in the face. Switched to buckshot, blasted it away in one hit.

2)I can't help you with the bandit thing, because my knowledge of scripts and scripting is minimal. One of the team members should be able to answer this.

3)Are you playing the 1.1 or the 1.0 version? AFAIK the guitars and harmonicas thing was either balanced or totally cut in 1.1 .
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby CleaverX » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:33 pm

AfterburnzzPX, thanks for chiming in..
No I never use slugs or darts,(they are useless) I am using a modified Spas that kills just about anything, I meant that that controller is overly hard to put down and I would like to balance that (haven't bee able to kill it yet); I am playing at Stalker level and the version I am using is the latest from the post on the GSC forum; it does not matter so long as I get a tip on what files to edit.
Also for anyone who might be reading, another issue is that enemies can "spot" me even when I am behind cover; they always seem to know where I am. Not being able to use concealment, this becomes another 'run and gun' game (yawn).
Any and all help will be appreciated. Do not be afraid to get too technical, I have been around the block long enough to manage, if pointed in the right direction.
Thanks again

The Cleaver
CleaverX

Postby dez » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:53 pm

many ppl suggested to make more action, maybe it was not so good idea hehe...

so where to start, if you dont like stalkers behavior, you can tweak the m_stalker.ltx file, and check the visibility, fov and other params, or if you dont want to bother with it, simple rename the file, probably the mod will run fine without it too, and then you will get back the vanilla rates...

the controller... you can check its ltx file in config\creatures, and lower the health value, or edit its immunities in the same ltx file, and then it will be easier to kill :)
we didnt add much, only 2-3 controller is in the whole game, so we made it a bit harder to kill, but not boss type.

loot items... well, if you use the 1.1 from filefront links, and the last patch, which was uploaded to fliefront on the 28th of august or 29th, then it shouldnt be problem.

you can edit the death_manager.script and disable keeping those items...
just check "bolt" then make similar sections for "guitar" and "harmonica" ... im not scripter, but i think it should remove those from npc-s.

there is some death_items_by_levels.ltx and death_generic.ltx ... there you can set item probability in stalkers... if i remember well, i almost disabled medpacks and other stimpacks, because testers said, the game is too easy :D
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby CleaverX » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:49 pm

Thanks dezodor. :D Hey what about the respawning rates for bandits in the Garbage, and the number of Loners at the Depot? Which file (or files) control that?
CleaverX

Return to Priboi Story