xrLua.dll - luabind and LuaJIT

Requests and Suggestions

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

xrLua.dll - luabind and LuaJIT

Postby Xetrill » Thu May 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi,

first off great work with Lost Alpha, breathing fresh air into otherwise nostalgic experience for many people.

I looked at xrLua.dll and saw that you were somehow able to rebuild or compile it. As illustrated by LuaJIT's exported functions, such as luaJIT_version_1_1_8. This indicates that LuaJIT 1.1.8 was used for LA instead of 1.1.4 as for the three earlier games.

Where you able to get the specific luabind source used for STALKER as well as all relevant compiler flags right to create a binary compatible DLL?!
If so, I would be very interested if you could set me up. With either concrete data (source, vcproj) or point me into the right direction.

I could add SHoC and LA support to my own project, XsLuaJIT. A somewhat enhanced version of LuaJIT with STALKER in mind.
XsLuaJIT @ GSC Forums and GitHub.

Cheers,
Michael
Xetrill

Re: xrLua.dll - luabind and LuaJIT

Postby Gr1ph00n » Mon May 12, 2014 9:11 pm

Hello, thanks for your feedback :)
Unfortunately We cannot share any engine internal code because We have non-disclosure agreements with GSC Game World, I am afraid since your project looks really interesting. I would be able to tell you only the information that you can actually get by yourself analysing released binaries...
dez0wave developer
Gr1ph00n
dez0wave developer

Return to Requests