General talk about Lost Alpha dream project

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Re: Lost Alpha - Q & A

Postby Kane4 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:12 pm

I know! The combat AI in that build is awesome. :drinkers:
Kane4

Postby Il Dottore » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Good morning to all. I have a small request: would it be possible to have a complete list (not the 2 surprise maps) updated? I am a little confused on why reading Italian Forum dedicated to LA in the list of the maps are marked with x-16, x-18 and x-10 + dark lab, secret lab and war lab . But these are not the same level?
There will be a real forest like in CS? A Maps with many trees ike the red forest of CS?
One of the surprise maps could be the Duga 3 aka Chernobyl 2?
I would not be too pushy and if you can not answer it not offend me.

PS sorry for my bad English. Good luck and see you soon.
Il Dottore

Postby Soap » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Hmmm... Flying leaves effects still be in game? I did not seen those in any LA videos and those are not in builds - only in SoC (and maybe in few preSoC builds). You know, spiral flying leaves are making picture looking more real :rolleyes:
Soap

Postby Soap » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Repair kits will be?
Will players be able to repair cars?
Will cars EXPLODE when their health will be 0%? That is unrealistic, could you make option - car will just stop work and player will be "blowed out" of car like car is destroyed but without explosion like in car ar 20 kilos of TNT?
Will player be able to carry away his stuff from broken/exploded car? :rolleyes:
Soap

Postby KazakHD5770 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:57 pm

You're using some old sounds from builds in LA - it's awesome, but did you fixed clicks? Annoying CLICK in end (sometimes in start) of sound? In some builds clicks were even in step sounds - caused "CLICKSOFOBIA" to me :)
And if knife and binoculars slots are useful now... Why don't make few kinds of knifes or binoculars? You wrote it may be un eseful. But knifes may be different in hit power and distance, and in cost ofc. Binoculars may be different in zooming (the cheapest maybe will have only 2 or 4X zoom), and frames on objects should be avialable on the most expensive binoculars (digital). And i think then player should not have binoculars in begining of game, and knife should be the most stupid (kitchen knife? Or maybe even plastic knife with "condition_shot_dec" = 1? :mrgreen: )
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby unclevinnie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:25 pm

I have seen this idea about different binocs and knives already implemented long ago in Sigerous Mod (and, probably, some other mods). I've been playing it for CS and CoP. Nevertheless, I can't say that it adds any "wow" to the game. Do you think, this idea will be new and original??
unclevinnie

Postby KazakHD5770 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:59 pm

unclevinnie wrote:I have seen this idea about different binocs and knives already implemented long ago in Sigerous Mod (and, probably, some other mods). I've been playing it for CS and CoP. Nevertheless, I can't say that it adds any "wow" to the game. Do you think, this idea will be new and original??

Anyway it's going be more realistic than "here are your best in the game binoculars with 16X zoom and entity seeker" when game begins... Just binoculars in SoC are TOO good for novice - if in LA will be 3 models of binoculars (fixed 4X zoom, fixed 8X zoom, dynamic 2-16X zoom + entity seeker) it will be more realistic. PLUS binoculars in SoC are spoiling "suprises" in bushes - it's cheating - wallhack, no, it's bushhack xD

Okay, there will not be few models of binoculars but (only one default cheating model)... What is binoculars slot for then? For only 1 type of binoculars which are avialable in begining of the game? Maybe then it's better to add ability to place medkit in that slot (only one medkit) and don't allow to use medkits from backpack by one key? Kinda fast slot like in CoP xD Just you know... Medkits don't need slots... and press "5" key to use medkit and then player will need to "charge" new medkit to that slot? :rolleyes:
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby unclevinnie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:00 am

You are right in many points. Also, you're right with the question - where the hell did we get the best binocs from.

But, the general reason, why I'm not so much inspired about binocs and knives in general - is that I use both very rare.
By the same reason - I don't like these huge varieties of armor, weapons, ammunition, and etc. in the zone.
I don't want to believe, that the zone of our Chernobyl catastrophe - turns into a simple military warehouse.
If you have read the original "Roadside picnic", or have seen the original soviet-time movie "Stalker" - you definitely haven't seen anything similar, neither in the book, nor in the movie. But, "the feeling" (atmosphere) was uniquely awesome.

What I really would like to believe in - is that dezowave team is concentrated more on the game spirit, rather than technique.
I'm sure, they will manage all technical questions, including small in-game occasional stupidities.
BUT FIRST OF ALL - STALKER - is not "Call of Duty". It is a unique world, and I hope, we see it in close future.
unclevinnie

Postby basist » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Off-topic, but I think I have to defend "variety" to certain extent.

There should be even more types of weapons (+ammo) and armor in the Zone, as there is nobody on it's "entrance" who would take care to replace everybody's weapon with "standard", GSC-generated piece :lol:
- Hold it right there!
- What's wrong?
- You're wearing some inappropriate armor and carrying some non-standard weapon! Here, take this Merc suit and Vintorez.
- Thanks man! See ya!
- Protect your neck!
:lol:
But, to my taste, even vanilla STALKER has enough suits and weapons. It's really not those things that made the game that special. But agree - if we had 3 shotguns, 3 assault rifles, 1 sniper rifle and 3 pistols and 3 types of suits - it would be boring, wouldn't it? :wink:

To be frank, I didn't "dig" the Tarkovsky's "Stalker". But "Roadside picnic" is something that is far-far off anything made based on its ideas. I think only few early builds AND future LA had (and will have) something in common with the book. Don't know if it has been properly translated to Hungarian (it definitely has to English) and if dez0wave team felt the book as we did(Russian speakers I mean), but the Zone according to the book is the place where nothing is for certain and any movement can be the last.

And what are these "in-game occasional stupidities" you refer to? :D should be something good.
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby unclevinnie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:58 am

Oh, I'm sorry if I didn't find the right words to correctly explain what I've meant, probably that's my own fault.
So, I'll describe the idea more specifically.

Under "in-game occasional stupidities" i meant such nuances described by Kazak, like having a separate slot for binocs - but without possibility to buy/change the default binocs for better ones; or - like that default binocs spoils the enemies "surprises" hiding in the bushes, etc. I really think that gameplay testers like STALKER so much, that they will play it real hard, and will find all such "occasional stupidities", to be fixed before the release.

Concerning the weaponry and other ammunition - sorry if I've explained my idea in some incorrect manner. I didn't mean, that I dislike THE VARIETY, - I meant, that I don't like the variety of things, UNNATURAL to the zone. I'm speaking about all these LR-300, exotic FN2000, Desert eagle, Franchi (SPAS12) and etc, and etc. For me, all these exotic weapons are as much unnatural to the zone, as stingers, javelins,flashbang grenades, M4 assault rifles, barrett sniper rifle, and NATO outfits =)

I would be happy to see a variety of more common Russian and Soviet weapons, instead of the Alliance (NATO) one.
What I'm talking about - TT (soviet pistol), Stechkin (famous Soviet pistol), modern AK series (AK-102, AK-105, secret AK-200, etc), RPK (old Soviet machine gun), Saiga (famous Russian series of hunting guns of 12mm shotgun caliber), old hunting guns - TOZ, BMZ, etc, Tiger (Russian sniper rifle for hunting, looking like SVD), Plastid (explosive), and etc!!!

Also - there could be a great variety of "personal" weapons and outfits! Like - "personal AK-105 of Leut. Kovalenko" - weapon made by special order, which is impossible for tuning, but already has unique and good specifications (not my idea - I've seen it in Sigerous Mod for ClearSky). And - the same could be with outfits, pistols, etc.

In general - my idea was to stop treating the zone like an exotic weaponry warehouse (with FN2000, and other CoD stuff), but to add a variety and make it unique by replacing all this "Call of Duty stuff" - with Soviet / Hunting / Unique (personal) weapons and ammunition.
Also, I would have probably added an opportunity to order/buy an electro-shocker - for missions, supposing stealth action without kills, like stealing something quiet without shooting, and making any total rush.

Sorry for such a big post, but that's what I think and feel (in widespread version).
Actually, it doesn't matter anyway, because everything has been configured long ago, and all ideas are already no more taken into account by the developers team (if I remember it correctly).
unclevinnie

Postby KazakHD5770 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:02 pm

unclevinnie, you think too far from "that stalker"... and your ideas about personal weapons and so more soviet weapons are good but those don't fits to "official" LA and LA is on last stage of development.
Some fans will make mods for LA which will add some old weapons (LA+Arsenal mod, why not?).

About electroshocker... You made me O_O about that - it's like in James Bond films xD It's easier to make a headshot from a distance with silent Vintorez... But my personal dream is gun, or special ammo for weapon, which will make NPC get "critical damage" when bullet hits him - NPC fall on ground and cry "meeeeeeeeeeeedkit! meEEEEEEEEEEDKIT!!!" - that's going be funny, or maybe just making NPC sleep... But that shit is just our dreams, which are not fit to old Stalker.

About weapons like G-36, SIG-550, FN-2000... If in LA will be only 300 stalkers we will not have any problems with those weapons, in SoC we may see large Freedom base with people armored with NATO stuff - but same would not be in LA :)
Hopefuly there will be only few FN-2000 or "one special" FN-2000 somewhere on Generators level. Just you know, Zone is very interesting for military - in even original game (SoC) we can see some settings for USA and even Japan labaratories in Zone (alife.ltx) - so, why don't take best equiptment, get somewhere deep in Zone and die there? xD

Hopefuly i've explained why things like NATO weapons fits to Stalker :)
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby basist » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Sorry man, but I don't see "default binocs spoils the enemies "surprises"" as stupidity. To me, it looks more like simplification of the gameplay, and it has probably been done intentionally. I think, a lot was simplified and made "not so extreme" due to understanding that lion share of STALKER players will be kids and it would be cruel to make 'em scream into their innocent displays and start suffering hiccups etc.))

One more off-topic - but I HAVE to mention it - if you speak of Soviet weapon / outfit to be present PLUS Russian, please don't ever forget Ukrainian. Guys, Chernobyl (which is actually Chornobyl) is Ukraine and military should be Ukrainian, their gear should be also Ukrainian - doesn't it seem logic to you?)) OFC, Russian can be present as ppl from all over the world would like to "snatch their share" from the Zone. But I'm getting really tired about hearing Russian-Russian-Russian in relation to STALKER and I seem to be the only "weirdo" who writes about Ukrainian. Let's not forget geography and common sense.
Peace!
basist
dez0wave tester

Postby unclevinnie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:39 am

Excuse my Offtop, in advance.

Basist, sorry if I seemed incorrect to you. I know where is Chornobyl, and Kryvii Rih, too. And I didn't forget anything.
I agree with all your comments concerning outfits, military uniforms, weapons, etc. But I didn't have info about Ukrainian weapons - that's why I wrote my ideas only concerning Rus weapons about which I know something, and nothing more.

In general - I'm typing "Russian" - just because I'm also already tired to explain some foreigners from time to time, that Kazakhstan, Armenia, Mongolia, Uzbekistan, and other former Soviet states - are NOT Russia, it is different countries. So, it became easier for me to type "Russian" - just to be understood by everyone. BTW, a part of my blood is Ukrainian. I like salo, playing STALKER on Ukrainian language, and listening to Tartak and Boombox, Okean El'zi, and Vopli Vidaopliasova OFC =)))
unclevinnie

Postby KazakHD5770 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Oh... If in Stalker will be ukrainian military guys, then for special forces it will be necessary to give em "TAR-21", because, you know, Ukraine bought some of them to use in army...

So, let's just keep things as those are - don't mix tons of original GSC mistakes or something like that... I also see only UKRAINIAN guys writing "why Zone has not ukrainian military? O_O" - but ukrainians are not most part of stalker fans - no need to remake military and make some other people confused "why ukrainians? There were russians... LA went wrong." - it's a big and headacheble problem about ukrainians in Stalker, but, really, if it's big problem why nobody is interested to fix it? Or did not fixed yet? No matter to write about "not urkainian military forces" here - you may find ukrainian LA fan, which can make mods and he will be interested in that problem :)

And finally i want to ask about LA because it's topic about it XD

Will LA's ending be different of SoC's? Different of GSC's plans? I mean, we want to see unspoiled and new game ending which should be awesome :D
KazakHD5770
dez0wave tester

Postby basist » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:04 pm

On behalf of the one who started "Ukraine-related off-topic" - I'll answer to you in PM and request you to close the subject.

As for the last question "Will LA's ending be different of SoC's"... I guess it would be nice to see a replying post here by someone from the dez0wave team:
"No, the endings will be exactly like the ones in vanilla" :lol: :mrgreen: :P :D :lol: :rolleyes:

But in any case, I support this question and hope for affirmative answer and would like to supplement it in terms of "will we have the possibility to have multiple endings?" :?:
basist
dez0wave tester

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Alpha