Body dragging

Discussion about stalker

Moderators: jwknaggs, CruxMDQ, Nemo

Body dragging

Postby super-panda » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:54 pm

This is a feature that maybe almost no player use, but most of the time, after a surface fight, I drag bodies of dead humans (you can't anyway do the same with evolued species anyway), in order to loot them easier, and to make ways a bit more clear. I precise in the surface, because underground it's far harder to do it, so it's rare that I try it.

My question is: The control for that is cltr+left shift (I tried with the right one, it didn't work) but, I still have huge problems of dragging them efficiently, I often need to pass a lot of time to be able to drag them in the way I want. I am suppose to keep shift+ctrl while dragging the body, or just keep shift? Or ctrl? I would like to know if I'm doing it in the wrong way, because most of the time I have to use it much times to advance a bit.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby darknothing » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:24 am

i have tried every combo of shift+F nothing works, i drag the body for a jolt but thats it and it lets back go. its a useless feature anyways, just like silencers
Specs,
amdx2 5400
4 gigs ddr pc5400
asus crosshair NVIDIA nForce 590
geforce 8800gts
(time for an upgrade)
darknothing
dez0wave tester

Postby dez » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:06 am

well we can add it back, but yep i never used it too. its cool feature (and a must) in splinter cell, where a dead body can make big issues, but in stalker... mostly nothing.

there is a corpse distance variable but i never saw them alerted if they saw corpse, they mostly notice sounds, and visuals of enemies.
dez0wave developer
dez
dez0wave developer

Postby super-panda » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:56 pm

Well, that would explain why its so hard to do it correctly, but I'm still able to drag them approximativly where I need. Also, yes, ennemies and allies don't do anything with dead corpses, they don't loot them, and they walk on them as they don't exist. Still, I just think it's better to arrange them, even if there is no burying option, even if there is graves.
super-panda
Moderator & I-project

Postby PhuQ » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:14 pm

i only drag a body when i put equipment on it that i need to sell and can't carry.
Tho the 10 extra kilos added in priboi makes the body dragging useless.
PhuQ

Postby Red Schuhart » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:50 pm

I found that, in vanilla, you can not drag a corpse if you are wearing the Duty SEVA.

In OL there are several suits that stop you.

But if you take the suit off you can drag all the bodies you want.

The controls are 'Shift+Use' and you only need to hit them together once while pointing at the body. To release it just hit 'Use' again.

I hadn't noticed that it is disabled in Priboi.

I used it most in vanilla 1.0000 - the bandits and Mercs in WT were my usual targets. I once got 55 bandit bodies lined up on the railway tracks and 44 Mercs lined up outside the sniper building before they started to vanish.

As for using bodies to carry excess booty, I prefer to make a save, leave the game, go to the gamedata file and raise my carry weight to something ridiculous like 2,000kg. I do this in places like Red Forest after shutting down the Scorcher - there are so many desireable weapons dropped in that bit that I don't consider it cheating to make myself able to pick them all up. After all, it was me who made their previous owners drop them, and doing it the usual way is far too slow.

Once you get it all to a trader you can save, leave the game and go set the carry weight back to normal.

Dragging bodies is amazingly slow and boring. Transferring huge amounts of booty across map borders is even worse. So cheat a bit - nobody knows you're doing it and it isn't really an 'advantage', just a time-saving device.

Few know, and I'm not telling.
Red Schuhart
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Hmm

Postby AfterburnzzPX » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:29 am

super-panda wrote:Well, that would explain why its so hard to do it correctly, but I'm still able to drag them approximativly where I need. Also, yes, ennemies and allies don't do anything with dead corpses, they don't loot them, and they walk on them as they don't exist. Still, I just think it's better to arrange them, even if there is no burying option, even if there is graves.

Yes,but how many times have you seen corpses in campfires?Oh,I'm not talking about Wolf standing in fire next to the Freedom base-he just walks in there.But,talking about corpses in fires,there can be some really funny situations.Have you checked youtube?Plenty of videos of stalkers in fires-none arranged.
AfterburnzzPX
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Return to Shadow of Chernobyl Discussion